RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:54 PM   #1

2016 Timber Ridge 260CIS RV Satelite Connection

I just purchased a 206 timeber ridge RV. I'm a dish customer and have a King tailgater exterior satelite antenna and a VIP receiver. I have had no luck getting my satelite tv to work. The antenna is hooked to the DSS coaxial feed on the exterior and the receiver is hooked to the TV by hdmi cable and coaxial from the wall outlet saying satelite to the VIP. Has anyone had the same experience or found a workaround. I don't want to run the coaxial from the antenna to my receiver through a window if humanly possible. Thanks much.
Spudmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Make sure your Cable/Antenna switch is off (no led light on).

Mine was wired/labeled backwards outside wrong. Once I put the coax in the right connector it worked.

Do you know if the previous owner modified the system inside the trailer? Has your tv/antenna/box worked in the past?

I am assuming you have run the check switch function and searched for the satellites.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:34 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I bought from a dealer so don't know if the system has been modified. I didn't see a cable/satelite switch anywhere but will check again. I will also replace the coax cable between the wall jack and my hopper to make sure that wasn't the problem. I didn't do the search for satelites function because I can't get anything but a connection error when I hook up. Everything is fine when I run the coax from the portable antenna to the receiver directly. Thanks so much for your reply and I will continue to check things out today.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:13 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here is a diagram of there model lines DSS/Cable wiring:Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2647691_0_50c9f125f165bed62c152aed07e4f0d5.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	302638

There is a antenna amplifier in the circuit. Usually behind the tv area or nearby. That has to be in the off position for the DSS to work.

What is the error message you get from the receiver?
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:23 AM   #5

Thanks for everyone who helped. Problem solved as I took the plate off the wall next to the tv. I tightened the coaxial lead behind the plate for satelite and it works. Thanks again.