Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2020, 05:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ina4x4 View Post
Leef-Peeper, do you still have 50 booked for the Rally?
Mary
Yes, we still have site 50 and it's up for grabs. We'll hold onto it until someone in this group decides they want it, or when the cancellation date starts closing in.

>>> Jim, it's yours if want it, just let us know.

-Winnie the Pooh-
Leaf-Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looking on the NY reservation site this morning, it shows sites 31,34,37 and 49 having not been reserved for the Wednesday to Sunday (Aug 12-16th) period. But are not able to reserve until New York lifts the freeze on reservation for 2020. If they lift the freeze.

Leaf-peeper, for what days do you hold the reservation for that site 50?

Presently if I decide to attend the rally I'll be coming from Cook Forest State Park in NW. PA. My last day there is Tuesday, where I would Wally-dock along I-88, SW of Albany, and drive in on Wed.

I'm going to assume Northampton Beach Campground is dry camping. People who have been there before, does site 50 offer any sun exposure? I have a 100 watt portable solar panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5068(2).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	507.8 KB
ID:	286270  
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #45

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jim, most of the sites at Northampton Beach are wooded. Of the five sites you mentioned (31, 34, 37, 49, 50), I think you'd have your best chance for sun on the corner sites 31 and 50, although you'd probably have to move your solar panel around.

Sites 34 and 49 are smaller sites. Personally, I'd stay away from either of those unless necessary, but you may like them better than I do.

Kickenback, in an earlier post on this thread, had said they reserved site 37, but it has been showing as available all along on ReserveAmerica. I did ask them to confirm/clarify, but no response yet.

Here's the link to CampADK.com, if you want to look further at photos of the sites at Northampton: https://www.campadk.com/campsitephot...ach/choosesite.

To confirm, yes, it is dry camping only at Northampton Beach. If you'd like some additional info about the campground, you may want to check the first post in this thread for more details.

Good to know that you're thinking about joining us!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #46

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We talked it over

Vic and I have been talking about whether we were going to make it to the rally.

I'm happy to report that we are planning to attend!

Like so many others, all our reservations thus far, have been cancelled, so we are hoping we'll be able to safely gather in August, and committing to being there.

Maybe there will be a rash of last minute attendees, for those who are in the same boat. All we need is for the Park Service to agree.

It's good to see Jim & Robert coming on board.
kcfissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I think you'd have your best chance for sun on the corner sites 31 and 50, although you'd probably have to move your solar panel around.
That picture above of my portable (Renogy 100 watt suitcase) was from Acadia National Park / Blackwoods campground. I had reserved a site I though had "some" sun exposure, but when I arrived, it was "peek-a-boo" at best. I had 25' of solar cable, but in a pinch I wired together another 20'. Made it thru the whole week (7 nights) ending the week at 11.95 volts.

Quote:
Here's the link to CampADK.com, if you want to look further at photos of the sites at Northampton: https://www.campadk.com/campsitephot...ach/choosesite.
yup that is the website I used to see site #50. Leaf-Peeper said that site might be available as he reserved two sites...Kind of waiting to see from him what is up.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post

Leaf-peeper, for what days do you hold the reservation for that site 50?
>>> Jim, we sent you an email message with site #50 reservation information. Should be good for your dates.

-Winnie the Pooh-
Leaf-Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #49

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ken, glad that you and Vicki decided you're still in for the Rally. Did you end up cancelling the remainder of your northeast trip, or is it still on?

So far for this year we've lost the four days we had scheduled at Ausable Point with a lakefront site on Lake Champlain, and a two week trip to Alaska which had already been cancelled once last year due to personal business. Keeping my fingers crossed for this Rally . . .

Jim, Northampton Beach is a lot like Blackwoods - lots of trees, patches of sun. Both 50 and 31 are nice sized sites - lots of room to play around with the solar panel.

Mary
Old 05-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #50

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ina4x4 View Post
Ken, glad that you and Vicki decided you're still in for the Rally. Did you end up cancelling the remainder of your northeast trip, or is it still on?
Mary
We postponed our trip to Newfoundland, mostly due to scheduling conflicts for the folks from Alaska with whom we travel. So,,,next year, maybe.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #51

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfissel View Post
We postponed our trip to Newfoundland, mostly due to scheduling conflicts for the folks from Alaska with whom we travel. So,,,next year, maybe.
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I hope things fall into place at another time - sounds like it would be an excellent adventure!

Mary
Old 05-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #52

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf-Peeper View Post
>>> Jim, we sent you an email message with site #50 reservation information. Should be good for your dates.

I didn't see it. Try Messaging me thru IRV2.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:51 AM   #53

Outdoors RV Owners Club
New York state campgrounds allegedly opened on Memorial Day

According to this article in RV Business (https://rvbusiness.com/cuomo-reopens...-memorial-day/) RV parks and state campgrounds in New York were to open on Memorial Day. However, this hasn't yet been reflected on the New York State Parks web site, so I don't know if it actually happened and, if it did, what restrictions are currently in place.

When I tried to access ReserveAmerica this morning to check on any availability at Northampton Beach for the Rally in August, I couldn't even pull up Northampton Beach. I tried an out-of-state campground, and couldn't pull that one up either. I don't know if ReserveAmerica is getting hit hard with campers anxious to get out and camp or if the site is just having technical difficulties this morning. I'll keep trying though.

My personal feeling is that it's still too early to make a final decision on whether or not to hold the Rally. As long as the state campgrounds, including Northampton Beach, remain open through the summer, I'd prefer to wait to see what New York's COVID-19 numbers look like over the next month or two. I'm cautiously optimistic, and would like to hold the Rally if it's possible and feasible. Other opinions and subsequent discussion are certainly welcome.

Mary
Old 05-27-2020, 02:43 PM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Rally opinion (Worth what it costs)

For those of us who are hoping to have the rally, it seems to me we can only sit it out and wait for the date.

Something that has occurred to me is that maybe it would be prudent to inquire of the head office, Park, and verify they've not blanket cancelled our reservations, and they will be honored, if the parks are open.

We surely are not much interested in getting thrown into the fray, attempting to navigate smoothly thru the reservation system, considering the shape it's in at the moment.

I think it's just time for us grasshoppers to have patience. Soon all will be made clear to us.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:21 PM   #55

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ken, I can definitely call the campground if there's any question about our reservations, but I agree with you that patience is probably the name of the game right now.

I was able to access Northampton Beach on ReserveAmerica this afternoon, but they still haven't clicked the switch to accept additional reservations for this year. I did confirm that our August reservations are still showing as current and upcoming.

New York, on the whole, seems to be opening up slowly and steadily. With luck, the state campgrounds and the reservation system will be back up and running soon.

Mary
Old 05-28-2020, 02:58 AM   #56

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdo...gh-june-7.html
Alfie199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, rally