Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2020, 11:23 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Freak out

Don’t freak out!! The quality is there. You have to realize, in the RV game you will always have issuers with assembly. That’s because they’re put together by humans with varying degrees of work ethic. The components in the unit are in general superior. That being said if you expect trouble free no problem RV you will be disappointed. ITs just the nature of the beast. My friend, who owns a 400,000 $ Tiffin calls them a rolling earthquake!! RVs are an ongoing exercise in problem solving. Hey, it’s not a job, it’s an adventure
Lowriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2020, 12:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareella View Post
we have a new 2021 unit coming from the factory by march all these problems are making me want to back out. we traded in our Lance TT wanting a beefier well built unit. sounds like big headaches and some dangerous situations. by the time we do the exchange rate and taxeshere in Canada we are looking at 90,000k. now i am thinking this is WAY to much money for s#&@$y workmanship, the video tours we have watched from the factory were so encouraging the more i read about the ORV problems here and on Facebook the more i am feeling sick to my stomach.
retired auxiliary fireman and freaking out wife.😳😳😳😳😳😳
Most folks only visit these forums when they have issues. ORV has shipped over 20,000 trailers and the vast majority have few issues. Most of the issues relate to appliances and accessories that are common to most all RV manufacturers.
Our 2020 280KVS has been great.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:16 AM   #17

Fortunately these trailers are fairly simple machines. An owner can fix a lot of problems themselves, and should probably be prepared to do some maintenance.

We had a few fit and finish issues with our 2011 Arctic Fox, which were fixed under warranty. After that we had very few problems.

This forum points out things to watch for, and proposes corrective actions too.

I will be disappointed if I have significant issues with my new rig, but I really do not expect them.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:56 PM   #18

units

yes i know to expect some problems with RVs
we have had a few, missing hardware, leaks, plug ins not connected, fireplace coming out from the wall, valances falling off, missing blinds etc. like it is said it’s a cabin on wheels which goes through a earthquake every time it’s moved. but seeing some of the short cuts and shotty work it can be disappointing, we have had bigfoots and a couple of Lances.
oh well still looking forward to getting a ORV if it turns into nothing but a headache we will get rid of it and call it quits.🙂
mareella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:26 AM   #19

The last three post make excellent observations.

To the casual observer lurking through this owners forum it would be easy to walk away with a negative connotation on the RV industry or ORV in particular. That would be unfortunate. These forums are an excellent place for owners and potential owners to evaluate some of the challenges the community at large is facing.

Nothing drives quality control in the right direction better than transparency and holding the dealers and manufacturers accountable on poor craftsmanship.

With all of that said, in my opinion ORV builds a superior product when matched against its competitors. If I didn’t think so I would have walked away two weeks ago when I put my deposit down only to find out we won’t be taking it home for awhile.

My wife and I are anxiously awaiting delivery of a 260KVS but first a few things need repaired before we take it home. Yes there will surely be other repairs down the road but with new RV’s are being sold in record numbers, hopefully these forums will not discourage people from ownership but instead help them manage their expectations and allow them to ease into ownership with eyes wide open.
Busdrivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:54 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am curious.....did the OP and others that had the loose wire nut issues notice if they were crimped after threading on the wires?

All of the 120V and 12V wiring in our GP is assembled that way. When I have to do some troubleshooting or replacing of wires, I have to cut the wire nut out, and do it over when I'm done.

Wondering about this because all of the RV builders are now months behind schedule due to the Covid virus. That makes them speed up and cut corners usually.

Dealers that won't work on your rig because you didn't buy it there are playing a game. Here again they have probably been ripped by the manufacturer and won't play ball anymore. Late payments, denied warranty work, etc. Sad tale. Imagine if the car dealers were that way.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #21

When will Consumer Reports take on the RV industry?

OK, that was a joke, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?
Old 09-22-2020, 11:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
When will Consumer Reports take on the RV industry?

OK, that was a joke, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?

[emoji120][emoji106][emoji851]
retnasaguy is offline   Reply With Quote