Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2021, 06:45 PM   #1

21DBS water pump question

Proud new owner of 2021 21DBS Creekside ORV. Family of four. We've stayed nine nights in it now, with the last three being the first where we dewinterized and used the plumbing at a campground with electric only. Like an FNG I failed to fill the fresh water tank prior to setting everything up, so I was schlepping five gallons at a time. Oh well.

Question about the water pump: are they typically noisy? When ours kicks on, it's noticeably noisy and vibrates a lot. You can hear it easily from anywhere in the unit, and from outside as well. It will thrum at a few different "frequencies" as it works away. Is this normal? It *works* fine, but my wife doesn't think it's good, and frankly I'm a little worried as well.
Danny Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2021, 06:59 PM   #2

It may not be the pump itself making noise, they’re usually pretty quiet. A common issue is the water lines near the pump vibrating, hitting each other, the wall, etc. Some people put sections of pool noodles (or other insulators) around the lines themselves to quiet them. Could always be a defective pump but that’s pretty rare. Try running the water while you move the lines away from each other, other stuff, etc. If the noise stops, it’s insulator time.
Keith67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did a couple things to correct this annoyance.....first I remounted the pump on a 1/2" thick cork board. Then I installed longer feed hoses I bought from Home Depot and made a loop in them as they enter and exit the pump. Just insert them into the existing hose with the correct adapters....Acts like a water hammer eliminator.

Much quieter. Just enough noise to let you know the water is running.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump