Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/travel-trai...dard-features/

Did you look at the Mountain series and then adding the options you want.
I did speak with the ORV rep. The only thing they will add to a Mountain series, now, is options listed for that series on their site. Those are limited to suspension, solar, slide covers, etc..
We were looking at the Titanium for the windows, solid counters, cabinetry, upgraded exterior, fans etc.. but not sure at this point if all that is worth the extra 6-7 K.
Who know where the wind will take us now. The more I look at the Timber Ridge 21 FQS, the more I am liking it and would settle for it in the Mountain.
tminit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The problem with the new "package series" is that you can't pick and choose the items from the Titanium package to "upgrade" the Mountain series. That is probably the biggest reason ORV went to this idea - it minimizes the number of changes in the build process - it also could result in fewer build errors since there are fewer options.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
The problem with the new "package series" is that you can't pick and choose the items from the Titanium package to "upgrade" the Mountain series. That is probably the biggest reason ORV went to this idea - it minimizes the number of changes in the build process - it also could result in fewer build errors since there are fewer options.
That is basically what the Rep said.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #32

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
Going the way of the automakers.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminit View Post
I did speak with the ORV rep. The only thing they will add to a Mountain series, now, is options listed for that series on their site. Those are limited to suspension, solar, slide covers, etc..
We were looking at the Titanium for the windows, solid counters, cabinetry, upgraded exterior, fans etc.. but not sure at this point if all that is worth the extra 6-7 K.
Who know where the wind will take us now. The more I look at the Timber Ridge 21 FQS, the more I am liking it and would settle for it in the Mountain.
I don't think it is worth it - go for the Mountain and add things you want.

I'm full timing and the sofa in the 23rks really makes a big difference.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #34

Might try lassen rv. I see they have one in stock. I shopped around a lot like you are and they came in cheaper than anyone else for me
Sparechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Sorry..... taxes and travel expenses are NOT included...that's just the price on their web site.
Sorry about that
1/ doesn't GST apply? rate? 2/ or PST? rate? 3/ taking across border, don't US import duties apply? rate? 4/ when licensing/insuring the TT in the US, don't local sales taxes apply? rates? I know from experience, importation can be a huge pain and cost.
bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #36

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sounds like to me that all model runs happen twice a year. Now there will be one run of mountain and one run of titanium per model. It also appears that the titanium is the second run putting it more towards the peak buying season and closer to the following production year change. It too sounds like a marketing strategy to have less of each series on dealer lots.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:05 PM   #37

Quote:
I don't think it is worth it - go for the Mountain and add things you want.

I'm full timing and the sofa in the 23rks really makes a big difference.
The 23RKS was really the unit we wanted. Unfortunately, it is too long to park at our house. The city just took 6 feet for a sidewalk and messed up our plans. We do not want to have to store it off site.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparechange View Post
Might try lassen rv. I see they have one in stock. I shopped around a lot like you are and they came in cheaper than anyone else for me
We actually went up there last weekend. I really liked Brian and more important, my wife had a good "feeling" about him. lol.

I talked to him about the TR 21FQS in the Mountain Series. We will see.

Do you mind revealing how much you got off MSRP?
Old 03-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #39

Brian is who I dealt with also. Very straight forward transaction with no surprises. Paid exactly what he quoted me by email when I inquired about it. It was right around 25% off msrp if I remember right. Good luck with your purchase...fun stuff
Sparechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminit View Post
We do not want to have to store it off site.
Why?
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #41
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
1/ doesn't GST apply? rate? 2/ or PST? rate? 3/ taking across border, don't US import duties apply? rate? 4/ when licensing/insuring the TT in the US, don't local sales taxes apply? rates? I know from experience, importation can be a huge pain and cost.

That was the web price only... Naturally all taxes and insurance must apply as applicable. The point was...given the the lower Canadian dollar there are potential saving,especially on used units.. I understand there are no import duties because of NAFTA....someone please advise me if that is incorrect.
Your right importing anything from any country can be convulated especially when it comes to paper work. The cost of using a custom broker may negate any cost savings. Like anything else..."caveat emptor" let the buyer beware.
Good comments
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #42

Quote:
Why?
It's just the whole point of it, I guess. Probably doesn't make sense.

I like to tinker & upgrade. Sometimes, its just a couple hours after work. Other times, the whole weekend. Anytime I did that, I would have to try and take everything I need to where it is stored. I know I would end up forgetting something or needing something I did plan on.
If I brought it to the house, I would have to park and work on the street.

The other biggest reason is we like to go with very little notice. Sometimes we get a wild hair to just go over to the coast for the weekend. With it onsite, my wife can load it up during the day and when I get home, I can hitch up and leave.

I do like the 23, just to be able to sit somewhere other than the dinette. Also the rear kitchen setup seems ideal. If we had the parking, I would be buying it.