Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2019, 08:39 AM   #1

24RLS

I have searched the site and cannot find the threads of aftermarket installed fireplace for the Outdoors 24 rls. Also looking for options for the recliners, is there a couch small enough to go there so the slide will still shut. Thanks much
J Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2019, 10:06 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We got Wall-huggers at a local store with a life time warranty. We chose the fabric a faux suede that is known for its resistance to puppy nails.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:15 AM   #3

We looked hard at the 24RLS before getting our 25RDS. In the end it didn't look like any couch would fit there. You need a minimum of around 35". We would've just got new recliners. The OEM recliners are pure junk anyways.
The shallowest depth for a fireplace is around 7.5" We have that room in our 25RDS. It seems like the 24RLS is not as deep as needed for a fireplace plus with the cabinets you'd have to completely redo them since the fireplace won't fit in the two large ones like the 25RDS.
We also choose the 25RDS because the counter under the TV was deep enough to hold the Dish receiver and Bluray player.
When you go to the ORV site under Anniversary Edition and look at the floor plans it's clear that ORV would've put a fireplace in the 24RLS and 24RKTS if they could've. They put it in the other ones that have the room.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #4

24rls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
We looked hard at the 24RLS before getting our 25RDS. In the end it didn't look like any couch would fit there. You need a minimum of around 35". We would've just got new recliners. The OEM recliners are pure junk anyways.
The shallowest depth for a fireplace is around 7.5" We have that room in our 25RDS. It seems like the 24RLS is not as deep as needed for a fireplace plus with the cabinets you'd have to completely redo them since the fireplace won't fit in the two large ones like the 25RDS.
We also choose the 25RDS because the counter under the TV was deep enough to hold the Dish receiver and Bluray player.
When you go to the ORV site under Anniversary Edition and look at the floor plans it's clear that ORV would've put a fireplace in the 24RLS and 24RKTS if they could've. They put it in the other ones that have the room.

Thank you, I am wanting to stay under 30". Considered the 25 but want to be sure I can get in all the parks
J Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Journey View Post
Thank you, I am wanting to stay under 30". Considered the 25 but want to be sure I can get in all the parks
Been at this RV stuff for only 10 years but we do a lot of camping in Natl parks, RV parks, State parks and forest service type dry camping. We've never found a spot where 2.5' would make a difference. We also use a LB truck. If you're using an SB then that helps.
of course it also makes the 24RLS shorter.

Our 3 choices were the 24RKS, 24RLS and 25RDS.
The 24RLS and 24RKS are the same length. We really wanted shorter as well but figured we'd make do with the 25RDS. So far we have not had a time where we couldn't get in somewhere.

Several reason why we chose the 25RDS were more counter space, big dinette at the rear, more room overall in the living/kitchen area and and enclosed bathroom.
The 24RKS and 24RLS have smaller counters. The 24RKS has the bath sink in the bedroom. BTDT with our Fox 235. Plus don't like tubs.

We also had recliners in the rear of the FM 235. It was always a cramped situation when coming and going out the door. Also having the dinette in the rear is nicer than looking out at your neighbors picnic table.

It's all subjective as far as comfort and needs goes. After spending close to a 100 nights and traveling over 5000 miles including one 3200 mile 28 day trip through 5 states we found the 25RDS perfect for that trip.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:26 PM   #6
ODH

The 1 item that dropped the 25RDS off the list for us was the 60" x 74" bed. At 6 ft 4 inch the the 60" x 80" bed in the 24RKS was just long enough.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:21 AM   #7

There has been some discussion in the Facebook group about putting a fireplace and a 24RLS so that might be of use to you. I can’t recall if anyone has put a couch in place of the recliners but many people have replaced the recliners with RecPro which are more comfortable and much easier to move and seem more sturdy.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:21 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I really like the inside room of my 250RDSW. I just wish the outside was about 3 feet shorter. Never had a problem with the 31 foot outside really. I leave the automan and dinette rear pad at home to open up the area. Also have removed the bedroom door for easy moving. I don't even use all the storage in it but I do like the large counter space. The floor plan has worked well for me so I'll keep it for a while longer.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODH View Post
The 1 item that dropped the 25RDS off the list for us was the 60" x 74" bed. At 6 ft 4 inch the the 60" x 80" bed in the 24RKS was just long enough.
The 2020 has a 60x80 queen.

https://outdoorsrvmfg.com/timber-ridge-25rds/
Old 12-28-2019, 03:54 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Not in the link you provided. It is still a 60x74 RV queen.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Not in the link you provided. It is still a 60x74 RV queen.
Funny I just clicked on the link and it shows a blue star thing that says NEW and it clearly say 60x80 bed.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Funny I just clicked on the link and it shows a blue star thing that says NEW and it clearly say 60x80 bed.
Maybe just go to the ORV site.
Interesting thing is we have the 75" queen and there's an okay amount of room between the end of the bed and the wall. Adding 5" more would make it real tight.
I'm wondering if they just made the 250RDS without the closet slide and added the 80" queen.
Problem with NW and ORV is they're slow to upgrade portions of their website. The specs are the same but no way would I want a 60x80 queen in my 25RDS. There just simply isn't enough room at the foot of the bed for it.

FWIW the wife and I are 5'6"+/- and the short queen qorks great. In fact in our last trailer when we needed a new bed we swapped the 80" for a 75" to get more room.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:36 PM   #13

I’m 5’11” and the short queen is fine. I guess it could be annoying for some people.

Even at 30’ there are quite a few state parks in California that won’t let us in. Big Basin is one that really hurts. Some national parks are a problem too. Yosemite National Park is one.

I tend to agree that 30 versus 33 isn’t a huge deal. Getting under 25 can make a significant difference but that doesn’t appear to be an option for the OP.

I will say that having recliners in that rear window is awesome when boondocking. Regardless of size I would find that hard to give up.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:01 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Even funnier, I am looking at it on my iPad and didn’t see the blue star because it is so small. I clicked on the floor diagram and when it expanded it doesn’t show the bigger bed, but if you don’t expand it then it does show it along with the word “new.” My apologies you were correct.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote