Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2023, 10:51 AM   #1

250RKS - Gap between slide and floor

Hi all -

I have spent the last few weekends tinkering with and cleaning my new 250RKS. This weekend, I noticed that when the "passenger side" slide is retracted, there's a small gap that I can stick my finger through.

The gap is located at the bottom corners of the slide, and the floor of the coach. I noticed it when I turned the light out and I saw some daylight. I fiddled around a bit and there's a small flap or something that looks like it is supposed to cover the gap. For now, I have used some steel wool pillows to block the gap, and made an inquiry with the dealer to have them look at this.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, what did they do?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	384909  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2023, 10:28 AM   #2

So I contacted my dealer yesterday and heard back from the Salesperson and then the Service Manager. They apologized and said bring it by at your convenience and we'll either do a spot repair or figure out what needs to be done. I proposed a time, they said sure, and even sent me an Outlook Reservation for my calendar!

They have even given me a couple of calls and texts on some friendly reminders. I appreciated that. I am glad I bought from them.

I will let you know what happens.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #3

They probably just cut the rubber seal a bit short. Should be an easy repair.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:55 PM   #4

Thanks. That's what I am hoping. ORVs ae a good product and the dealer is great so I am hoping for the best.

I still feel a little apprehensive when towing the unit but that will pass...hopefully!
Old 01-27-2023, 05:25 PM   #5

Hi - We have the exact same leak and we have the same exact trailer! Our friends had same problem but with window leaking as well and they too have the 250RKS 2023. Theirs went back to Outdoor RV in LaGrange and we have too reached out to Outdoor RV and waiting for a response.
dwelch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 03:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelch26 View Post
Hi - We have the exact same leak and we have the same exact trailer! Our friends had same problem but with window leaking as well and they too have the 250RKS 2023. Theirs went back to Outdoor RV in LaGrange and we have too reached out to Outdoor RV and waiting for a response.
Thanks for the PM and I responded. Maybe if you all can post of a pic of what the dealer did that will help all of us!

Which window was leaking in your friends RV? I will need to check that on mine.

Nice to hear that Thompsons treated you all well!
Old 01-30-2023, 11:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by STDevil View Post
Thanks. That's what I am hoping. ORVs ae a good product and the dealer is great so I am hoping for the best.

I still feel a little apprehensive when towing the unit but that will pass...hopefully!
Went to the dealer on Friday and they said they would like to keep the RV for a bit. I said no problem and went to goof off. They called me saying the job was done just as I was pulling into my driveway .

Everything looks good and the dealer as super cool.

One weird thing: When I tool delivery, the dealer blew the hell out of the water lines to get the water out. Before I went back, I opened the faucets (with the pump on) and pulled a lot of water out of the lines. I had even opened the low point drains before I turned the pump on. It seems the low point drains may not be low enough...the dealer went ahead and pumped antifreeze into everything as a measure of safety, as we're dropping into the 20s...

Tags
floor, slide