Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2022, 12:44 PM   #1

250RKS - where is the overflow outlet for the fresh water tank

Hi everyone -

Can someone point me to the location of the overflow outlet on the 250RKS? I was not able to find when I was crawling around under the unit. I did see the low point for the hot and cold water lines, as well as the drain valve for the fresh water tank.

A picture also would be appreciated.

Many thanks as always!
STDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2022, 01:49 PM   #2

Fill tank until it overflows...then you can ID where
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #3

If it's like my ORV 25RDS it's right next to the fill inlet. Should be a small 1/2" or so hole next to the hole you put the hose in.

Now if you're meaning the drain for the fresh tank it should be almost directly across from the fill port only underneath the TT. Should be a larger round white pipe hanging down from the black bottom cover. There should be a pull bar located sorta inline with the fill port and dump pipe.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:21 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
On my F26RLS, I believe there is a small (3/8" +/-) vent line that is "tee'd" back into the fill line just past the fresh water fill inlet. If you fill to much, it overflows out the fill port. I use a small piece of 1/2" vinyl hose about 12" long, attached to the end of my freshwater hose when filling my tank. The smaller hose helps to maintain the venting when filling. I also fill at a slow rate.
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:37 AM   #5

Thanks everyone - I did not see the little hole next to the fill port but I was not actively looking for it. I do remember seeing some images when I looked at the fill port on the internet (not mounted in the trailer, just a generic fill port), and will inspect things more closely when I go to tale delivery.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:01 PM   #6

Little hole next to fill port would be tank vent not overflow

Overflow should be 1/2" PEX pipe
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by STDevil View Post
Thanks everyone - I did not see the little hole next to the fill port but I was not actively looking for it. I do remember seeing some images when I looked at the fill port on the internet (not mounted in the trailer, just a generic fill port), and will inspect things more closely when I go to tale delivery.
Like mentioned use a 1/2" hose with a shutoff valve. That way you can shut the water off at the fill and not have to go over to the faucet. The 1/2" hose will allow space around the fill tube and let more air escape when filling.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:33 PM   #8

I don't have an "overflow" per se on my fresh water in my new 250. There is only the fill vent by the fill cap and the fresh dump with the valve pull in front of the driver's side axle.
ContagiousYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContagiousYJ View Post
I don't have an "overflow" per se on my fresh water in my new 250. There is only the fill vent by the fill cap and the fresh dump with the valve pull in front of the driver's side axle.
Thanks. You have a sister unit so mine is probably the same as yours.

BTW, how is yours holding up? My special order unit was rejected and they had another similar unit on the lot which I am supposed to get in January. The last three of the VIN is 401 for the replacement unit. Other then a few weird things, the unit seems well built.

I will see what it looks like when I go in to complete the purchase on January 7. If all's up to snuff, I will buy the unit. If not, then I am just going to head off into the sunset and revisit this whole decision when I really really retire whenever that is!
Old 12-07-2022, 09:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by STDevil View Post
BTW, how is yours holding up? My special order unit was rejected and they had another similar unit on the lot which I am supposed to get in January. The last three of the VIN is 401 for the replacement unit. Other then a few weird things, the unit seems well built.

I will see what it looks like when I go in to complete the purchase on January 7. If all's up to snuff, I will buy the unit. If not, then I am just going to head off into the sunset and revisit this whole decision when I really really retire whenever that is!
I hope this other unit works out for you - I am really happy with mine. I bought in November, have spent 2 weeks in it and like it more each time I head out. I have over 1,500 miles on it with zero issues. I think I mentioned to you previously that my only disappointment is the electric fireplace - does not put out much heat. I have found another funny/challenging quirk. The remote for the Furrion stereo has some shared frequencies with the remote for the fireplace. So every now and then you get a surprise when you are trying to control one or the other! LOL

Here's to hoping you get your new rig!! Hope your holidays are fantastic as well!
ContagiousYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:17 AM   #11

Quote:
I hope this other unit works out for you - I am really happy with mine. I bought in November, have spent 2 weeks in it and like it more each time I head out. I have over 1,500 miles on it with zero issues. I think I mentioned to you previously that my only disappointment is the electric fireplace - does not put out much heat. I have found another funny/challenging quirk. The remote for the Furrion stereo has some shared frequencies with the remote for the fireplace. So every now and then you get a surprise when you are trying to control one or the other! LOL

Here's to hoping you get your new rig!! Hope your holidays are fantastic as well!
Glad to hear you are having a good time! I am looking forward to picking my unit up on January 7...and then placing it in storage till the spring!
Old 12-07-2022, 10:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Ditto on both my ORV's......and every other RV I've owned.

Dave

Tags
fresh water, tank, water