Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2020, 07:58 AM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketo View Post
Any thoughts on the ProPride P3? My DW and I have our eyes on the 26KVS with a reported dry tongue weight of 760. The P3 looks bombproof but at $3K for a setup it's a bit of extra change that I don't find rolling around behind the cushions.
No personal experience, but have heard that it virtually eliminates sway, but can be a little tricky to get hitched up if at an angle or on a tllt.

And to my eye, they seem to hang a lot lower than my Equal-I-Zer, potentially causing clearance problems, and I suspect they are heavier.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2020, 08:36 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisurePursuits View Post
Wondering which Equalizer is right for a 24RKS. I'm thinking 14k lbs. Any suggestions? I like that you can get the Equalizer without a shank. This will allow me to get the 2.5" class V shank separately.
This is my setup for my 24RKS with 4 GC batteries towed with F350. Bars are 1400 lbs.
OilTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketo View Post
Any thoughts on the ProPride P3? My DW and I have our eyes on the 26KVS with a reported dry tongue weight of 760. The P3 looks bombproof but at $3K for a setup it's a bit of extra change that I don't find rolling around behind the cushions.
Used a Hensley Arrow years back. Also used an EQ with the same trailer. Big difference. I was using an F150 towing 31' @7200 lbs with a 900 lb TW.
With the HA it was a one finger look around at the scenery tow. With the EQ point sway WDH I had to be aware of the road and other vehicles more. I got more wiggle with the EQ that translated to the F150 and that caused more steering corrections when passing semi's or in windy conditions.
The HA stay solid with no steering corrections needed.
I bought mine used for $950. So for me it was a bargain. $3,000 is too much IMO.
I'm now using a Blue OX with my 25RDS. It's not perfect but it's not insufficient enough to warrant an HA or PP. Plus my 25RDS TW is 1350 lbs. Too near the max for an HA or PP.
Like mentioned above hitching can be a PITA sometime. If you boondock it will be a PITA. On nice flat spots it's easy to hitch and unhitch.
One plus is you don't have to lug around a WDH. Only the stinger portion needs removed. Also if you're getting the 16" tire option then clearance won't be an issue. ORV sit pretty high up with that option. I used the HA on a standard 15" tire TT. It was only a couple inches lower that 25RDS and I never had any issues.
Both are top of the line premium hitches. IMO they're more for the guy with the lighter tow vehicle and the heavy long TT where even within tow ratings the tow vehicle gets pushed around too easy.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
And to my eye, they seem to hang a lot lower than my Equal-I-Zer, potentially causing clearance problems, and I suspect they are heavier.
I watched a P3 installation video on YouTube and when all was said and done the bars looked quite low to me. Granted the TT sat four inches below the F250 before the adjustment, but still. Any boondocking might cause clearance problems with the bars, not to mention stinger alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Both are top of the line premium hitches. IMO they're more for the guy with the lighter tow vehicle and the heavy long TT where even within tow ratings the tow vehicle gets pushed around too easy.
Great real-world feedback, CF. Most likely we'll end up with a diesel 3/4 ton pickup as the tow vehicle. The 26KVS has a max weight of 10,000 and a ballpark pin weight of 1500 (15% of 10K), so yeah -- a P3 with 1400 bars would not be the best fit. Well, that and the cost.

I'll poke around the Blue Ox and continue my research. Thank you again!
miketo is offline   Reply With Quote