RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:53 AM   #1

Any Regrets for NOT Going Titanium?

Last weekend we headed over the hill to Sacramento to kick some Outdoors RV tires. I was also interested in comparing the Titanium series upgrades vs. Mountain Series (we like the 24RKS).

While there are several features of the Titanium series I like, there are a couple I'm indifferent about: the front bedroom window and the TV in the bedroom. And there's one feature I really, really don't want: auto-leveling. It makes up a significant chunk of the Titanium upgrades cost, adds weight and some complexity, and I don't see it as a huge benefit over a LevelMate/Andersen Leveler solution.

I seriously doubt the auto-leveling system can be deleted from a Titanium Series model, so I'm leaning heavily toward a Mountain Series rig.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has wished they'd gone for a Titanium Series rig instead of a non-Titanium and, if so, why?

Many thanks!

Ken
NVFlyAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2021, 09:05 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a Mountain series 2018 250RDS. I added a fireplace, awning cradle and I use a LevelMatePRO/Anderson Leveling system and have never regretted not paying for the Titanium package.
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxgwj View Post
I have a Mountain series 2018 250RDS. I added a fireplace, awning cradle and I use a LevelMatePRO/Anderson Leveling system and have never regretted not paying for the Titanium package.
That's what I'm thinking. It's easy enough to add an upgraded mattress if necessary, a slide topper, etc. Thank you!
NVFlyAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #4

For me the only pluses to the Titanium package are the 4000 exterior, 15,000 AC and pull down black out shades.

Not a fan of the flush mount windows. I can still open my two kitchen windows and dinette curb side windows in the rain and run the Maxair fan to get fresh air is needed.

We added roll down blackout shades in our bedroom on our 25RDS TR Mountain Series. Cheap and easy.
The 13.500 AC is actually pretty good.

We also use the Level mate Pro but with the Beach Lane levelers.
Is the auto level easier? Yes, until it isn't and you need a new motor $$$.

Not sure what the Titanium costs over the Mountain series but assuming it's around
$8K, I just can't justify it.

The titanium definitely looks nicer but the Mountain Series is still pretty sharp looking.

If I had a larger parking spot at home I'd rather put that $8K towards a larger trailer.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:56 AM   #5

I'm happy with our mountain series. There were a few things I liked about the Titanium package. Just not enough to justify the cost. Big price tag with little return for me. Mostly all lost in resale value too IMHO.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We just bought a new Mountain Series. To me the Titanium is not worth the extra 8-10K.

I don't trust the auto levelers and the front window hasn't been out there long enough to prove longevity. My understanding is that a lot of the RV industry got rid of the front window due to eventual leakage and or breakage.

Also were not fans of the frame-less windows. That's one of the reasons we didn't go Lance. Its nice to be able to fully open the windows for a nice cross-breeeze.

The new models now have black pull down shades which really darken the

the interior. Much improved.

I noticed the new models (21+) have many of the features of the "early" titanium models as standard.
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVFlyAngler View Post
Last weekend we headed over the hill to Sacramento to kick some Outdoors RV tires. I was also interested in comparing the Titanium series upgrades vs. Mountain Series (we like the 24RKS).

While there are several features of the Titanium series I like, there are a couple I'm indifferent about: the front bedroom window and the TV in the bedroom. And there's one feature I really, really don't want: auto-leveling. It makes up a significant chunk of the Titanium upgrades cost, adds weight and some complexity, and I don't see it as a huge benefit over a LevelMate/Andersen Leveler solution.

I seriously doubt the auto-leveling system can be deleted from a Titanium Series model, so I'm leaning heavily toward a Mountain Series rig.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has wished they'd gone for a Titanium Series rig instead of a non-Titanium and, if so, why?

Many thanks!

Ken
Hi Ken,
We to were doing the same exact thing youíre doing when trying to consider between the Titanium and Mountain in the 24RKS. I did a lot of research between the two models and walked through both looking at the differences. The big question was it worth the money ($10,175.00)??? When it was all said and done it came down to personal preference.
There were few things that we absolutely loved with the Titanium. One being the counter tops throughout the floorplan, the upgraded Gelcoat on the exterior. The auto levelers come standard on the Titanium and canít be deleted from the build. The 15K A/C is a another must have in our book so that was standard in the Titanium and would have been added to the Mountain Series build.
Hereís a few more things that the Titanium offered over the Mountain, albeit just little things but they all add up in the end to either justify paying more or not: The Titanium Model has an additional $10,175.00 Cost over the Mountain Series Model. It has the following upgrades as part of the Titanium Model: Counter Tops, Additional Lights and switches inside the trailer, Glass Shower Door, 15K Air Conditioner, Exterior Gel Coat Walls, LED Back Up Lights, Stainless Steel Appliances, Auto Leveling, Sinks, Faucets, Backup Camera, Thermal Pane Frameless Windows, Both Doors have elongated Glass, Blackout Shades, Upgraded Mattress, Remote Control for the Awning & outside porch lights, Antenna, TV in Bedroom, Upgraded Cabinet Doors, Front Window, Slide Topper, Outside Chrome Handles, Digital Thermostat, 2 Drawers Beneath Bed, Armor Awning Shield with LED Light Strip.

So we ended up ordering a Titanium (24RKS) at Thompsons RV and very happy with our decision.
bsmall2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #8

We have a 2020 280KVS Titanium and love the upgrades, especially the AutoLeveling system. Makes camp setup a breeze. Also, the electric fireplace is a great feature for those chilly days when we have hookups.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We went through the same thought process when we got our 2018 24RLS. Since we ordered ours we got a Mountain Series and upgraded to the 15k air conditioner, slide topper, the max fans. We have installed some of our own blackout screens in the bedroom but frankly if you get reflectix you’ll get the same effect. We have also upgraded the mattress to a gel foam so that was not necessary. We preferred the sliding windows instead of the slim profile ones because we thought they opened up more. The other features were aesthetic as far as we were concerned.
spogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
So I didn't like the looks or function of the frameless windows but I wanted all the other things in the Titanium upgrade and it turns out that the windows are a big improvement over the old style. They allow a good breeze and when coupled with the Maxx fans you can really control air movement. But the biggest improvement is that the windows extend past the frame so the chances of the weeping system allowing water to be pushed inside in a blowing rain is eliminated.

The Titanium gives you light switches on the wall rather than the ceiling, bathroom fan in a wall switch with speed control, other vents have Maxx fans with remote and built in vent covers, fireplace, slide toppers that I would not be without, fibre glass that is much easier to keep clean and shiny, roller shades that are a huge improvement over the pleated shades that get crumpled and don't make it dark enough to sleep if the place you park has a light that shines on you, the window valances are actual wood rather than crappy cardboard, larger AC, and a couple other things I can't think of right now.

As for the Auto-Leveling it is the easiest way to level I have ever had and is rock solid when done. Mine is a 5er so maybe the system is different on the TT but having 6 jacks makes a big difference.

Sure, you can add most of those things yourself but if you added all of them it would cost much more than the upgrade. I did not hesitate at the decision and I believe the resale value will make it a non-issue.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #11

I only have one light switch on the ceiling and thats in the slideout. All the rest are on walls. The one in the bedroom above the bed is right above my head within easy reach.
The 4-6 pt leveling is standard on the 5er's.
Never heard of water being blown up the window drains. All my Max fans except the bathroom are remote controlled with vent covers. The bathroom's has a vent cover too.
Added roller blackout shades in the bedroom for under $100.
Window valances are made of plywood with a vinyl cover.

I thought this thread was about Titanium vs Mountains Series, not some cheap stick n tin trailer.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:56 PM   #12

I liked some titanium features;

- solid surface countertop in bath c/w stainless sink
- solid surface countertop on bedside "tables"
- rolldown blackout blinds
- slide top awning

I didn't want some titanium features;
- preferred the sliding windows
- didn't want power stabilizers
- didn't want a front window
- preferred the white vs. grey exterior

...and some I didn't much care one way or the other;
- "SS" appliances
- chrome door handles

....at the end of the day I bought the regular Creekside and added the slide topper.....one day I might replace the plastic bathroom sink if it bugs me enough.

* This is all for 2020, I believe some of the features are now standard (bath sink, blinds?)

Dave
Old 01-11-2021, 02:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxgwj View Post
That's a useful gadget! Not too expensive either!
HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:24 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I only have one light switch on the ceiling and thats in the slideout. All the rest are on walls. The one in the bedroom above the bed is right above my head within easy reach.
The 4-6 pt leveling is standard on the 5er's.
Never heard of water being blown up the window drains. All my Max fans except the bathroom are remote controlled with vent covers. The bathroom's has a vent cover too.
Added roller blackout shades in the bedroom for under $100.
Window valances are made of plywood with a vinyl cover.

I thought this thread was about Titanium vs Mountains Series, not some cheap stick n tin trailer.

Hadnít heard about the water coming up in the window tracks either, until we were at the coast over Christmas when we had 60mph gusts and 5 1/2 ď of rain overnight. It was blowing bubbles up through the weep holes. Quite a site.
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote