Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2022, 08:50 AM   #1

Anyone Own an F26CIS? Comments?

Hi,
We are considering selling our Fox Mountain 245RKS, looking for another smaller 5th wheel. We go into some pretty gnarly places and my limit is about 31'. Looking at used Glacier Peaks, the F26CIS seems to tick a lot of our boxes. Anybody own one or had one? Your thoughts on the floorplan?
CO-Bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2022, 05:58 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We first saw one at an RV show in Colorado Springs and it looked a lot nicer than the Earthbound travel trailer we had at the time. So we special ordered a 2016 F26 CIS in late 2015 and it was delivered in March 2016.

We liked the floorpan and overall size as it fit in our barn and allowed us to take it boon docking in the Colorado mountains. It was also easy to access the bathroom while traveling without needing to operate any slides. The big back window was nice for the view and letting in natural light. The tank capacity was quite good for fresh black and gray. Storage capacity wasn't bad with both the front and the main side access compartments. We opted for the 50 amp upgrade to support a second AC, but never got around to installing it.

After 4 years we felt it got a little cramped. The kitchen island was nice, but it did take up a lot of floor space and made it a feel a bit more tight when staying in the unit for extended period of time. The interior also started to feel a bit dated and overly dark with the dark wood stain.

We decided to upgrade to a larger 5th wheel at 39' from the 32' GP. We sold the GP in early 2020 prior to picking up the new Vanleigh. The couple that purchased it drove down from South Dakota as they had been searching for this exact floorpan and were pretty happy to find ours for sale. (They contacted me the day I posted it for sale on RV Trader).

If you have specific questions regarding the floorpan or layout, I'd be happy to answer those. Good luck in hunting one down as I think ORV only made them for a few years (2015, 2016 & 2017) I think. I still have the original marketing material/brochure ORV put out for these that lists all of the features and options.
StuartN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartN View Post

If you have specific questions regarding the floorpan or layout, I'd be happy to answer those. Good luck in hunting one down as I think ORV only made them for a few years (2015, 2016 & 2017) I think. I still have the original marketing material/brochure ORV put out for these that lists all of the features and options.

Thanks very much for your thoughtful reply. I spent 28 years in Durango and we did a lot of camping up in the high country where we couldn't think of taking anything over 30'. It's a balancing act, trying to get the features you want into the length you want. Making me scratch my head.

The opposing slides make a lot of sense, the island is nice from the standpoint of counter space and cabinet storage, but I sure see your point about taking up floor space.

How much more difficult do you find the 39 footer to maneuver into tight spaces?
Old 01-17-2022, 08:15 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO-Bikeman View Post
Thanks very much for your thoughtful reply. I spent 28 years in Durango and we did a lot of camping up in the high country where we couldn't think of taking anything over 30'. It's a balancing act, trying to get the features you want into the length you want. Making me scratch my head.

The opposing slides make a lot of sense, the island is nice from the standpoint of counter space and cabinet storage, but I sure see your point about taking up floor space.

How much more difficult do you find the 39 footer to maneuver into tight spaces?
You're welcome. We really enjoy the Durango area and have been down there a few times camping.

With the GP I found it fairly easy to maneuver even with a short bed F-350 since it was narrower (96") and had a shorter wheelbase compared to the Beacon. The suspension included also provided additional clearance for going off road. The Beacon is wider (101"), taller and has a longer wheelbase, but using an F-450 long bed I find it's not too much more difficult having a better turning radius than the F-350. I drove tractor trailer for a number of years so I'm pretty comfortable with the extra length.

The overall length of the Beacon is going to limit some of the locations we're able to access, but its one of the trade offs you have to make. We really liked the GP and it served us well, but for us it was time to move to something that would be more spacious/comfortable for extended trips.

I you can find an F26 CIS, I'd highly recommend it. It'd also be a good idea if you could tour it in person to be sure you're comfortable with the layout.
StuartN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:24 AM   #5

Quote:
I you can find an F26 CIS, I'd highly recommend it. It'd also be a good idea if you could tour it in person to be sure you're comfortable with the layout.

Oh yeah, I wish we could find one to see. We've been in the F26RKS, the 26RLS, and the 28RKS. We've also seen the AF 28-5C which is similar. But are going off of pictures and the floorplan to narrow it down.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:

Found one! Like new 2016 Platinum. So excited!