Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #1

Auto-Leveler issue

Hi all, I did a search on this to no avail, so I'm going to pose this here.
We have a 22FQS Titanium, the auto leveler went weird on us. It's lifting the entire trailer wheels off the ground! Now we have to use it in the manual settings. I mean it works great, nice and solid, but it was a real convenience just to hit two buttons and let it do its thing. I tried turning it off, hit the tiny reset button but still ugh! Anyone else run into this problem? and what was the solution?
Matt719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2021, 12:29 PM   #2

Hope you find your answer for this anomaly, I'll be following this one.

You did unknowingly answer my question I had about being able to use the leveling system to assist you in changing a flat tire.
bsmall2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:12 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Iíve read that you need to get reasonably level, 1.5 degrees, before auto level. Sounds like you also need to re-zero the system
lanztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt719 View Post
Hi all, I did a search on this to no avail, so I'm going to pose this here.
We have a 22FQS Titanium, the auto leveler went weird on us. It's lifting the entire trailer wheels off the ground! Now we have to use it in the manual settings. I mean it works great, nice and solid, but it was a real convenience just to hit two buttons and let it do its thing. I tried turning it off, hit the tiny reset button but still ugh! Anyone else run into this problem? and what was the solution?
We have the same unit. Love that little trailer. We have the 2021 model.
If resetting doesn't work, there is a process to re-calibrate. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it. Here's the link. See page 14
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...ll_manual1.pdf
rragpaoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:17 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have read that autoleveres can and often do lift the wheels.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:40 PM   #6

Thanks for that, I think I have to do the reset thing. Reporting soon
Old 01-21-2021, 08:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmall2800 View Post
"You did unknowingly answer my question I had about being able to use the leveling system to assist you in changing a flat tire.
My auto levelers have had my wheels off the ground on very uneven ground, however the manual says to avoid this. I never considered using them to change a tire until now.

Does it hurt the frame, jacks or anything to have the wheels off the ground??
BoomtownDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #8

A couple of suggestions. Put one of those big levels that you can see in the rearview mirror on the front of your camper. I can usually get pretty level just jockeying around the site, use blocks if needed to get close. After you unhook, eyeball level fore and aft with your front jacks. Use as much blocking under the rear jacks as you can. The Anderson blocks work great. Hit auto-level and and let the jacks fine tune everything.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomtownDave View Post
My auto levelers have had my wheels off the ground on very uneven ground, however the manual says to avoid this. I never considered using them to change a tire until now.

Does it hurt the frame, jacks or anything to have the wheels off the ground??
I'll call Lippert about this and see exactly what they say regarding using it to change a flat tire. Better yet raising the tires off the ground putting jack-stands beneath the frame and servicing your bearings or brakes.
Wouldn't that be nice if you could do that!

bsmall2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #10

Had the same issue until I reset the 0 point for level. Find a level spot (using a level) with jacks up. Find the 0 reset in settings.

I also got the red buckets to go under the legs. Make sure nobody is moving inside. That’s all I got lol....it’s a fussy little beech. If you get 3 of 4 times you are doing well.
BajaWinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #11

OK ...I said I would report soon. 3 weeks later (ahem) I did the reset! and success! I did the manual level, the best I could with the feet then used a 24" bubble level to get it just right. And the screen was showing it was about a half degree off so it was close anyway. Hit the top bar on the screen 5 times where it says "Leveler" and followed the prompts. Thanks to the help of my DW who found those instructions on LCI's website!! The screen reports it is re-zeroed and then pressed enter. Turned off the screen and went to the panel is the storage hold and did the auto-retract. I re-adjusted the hitch jack to make the camper level front to back just like you would after backing into your campsite. Then hit auto-level and watched the magic happen! Front jacks went down, hitch jack came up, then the rear jacks went down, the computer did two small adjustments and DONE! Just like when we first bought it. If this has happened to you and you're trying to find the zero function, message me and I will try to help you. TY all especially rragpaoa, MtCamper, BajaWinters
Old 02-15-2021, 05:45 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
You need to reset zero point, Lippert speak for level. If that does not fix it PM and I can walk you through what I learned trouble shooting a system that had quit. I was able to fix it and have not had a problem since.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
You need to reset zero point, Lippert speak for level. If that does not fix it PM and I can walk you through what I learned trouble shooting a system that had quit. I was able to fix it and have not had a problem since.
Exactly what I did thank you!
Old 02-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt719 View Post
Exactly what I did thank you!
Glad it worked for you, mine was a lot more work when it quit.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote