RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:17 PM   #1

Back in the family with a new Timber Ridge 25RDS

We sold our Nash 25s last summer. We put our money down on a new 2020 TR 25RDS Mountain on Sunday. I have a few questions.

1. I know I've seen PDI list on here many times. Now That I want one, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone have a link? I'm scheduled to do our inspection on Friday. I'd like to go in with a planned list and order. I've already stated that I want to do my full inspection before I sign final paperwork and fully fund and seal the deal. They've agreed to this.

2. I only have a class 4 receiver on my truck. It has a 1000 lb. limit. I understand that my loaded trailer may reach as much as 1500 lb. tongue weight. I want to upgrade to a class 5 receiver. Who else has done this? Which brand did you go with. E-trailer has lots of options.

3. My deal included a Recurve R6 WD Hitch. The paperwork says 14000 lbs. Yet their website only shows up to 1200LB. I tried to negotiate a Blue ox into the deal. They don't sell them and only offered the Recurve. I took what they offered. Now I'm thinking I should have just bought the Blue Ox myself. I still can do it. But if the Recurve is suitable and will do a good job, I'm OK with just sticking with it. I know the subject of WD hitches has been discussed over and over. The Recurve isn't usually included in these discussions. Does anyone use the Recurve? Any experience with these at all?

Lastly, I ended up at 28.7% off MSRP. Perhaps this might help those who might be trying to negotiate one for themselves. There are a lot of new 2019 on lots around here. With the plant opening back up, I would assume they'll be building 2021 models. This tells me there are going to be a lot of two year old model, brand new trailers available.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2020, 04:38 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you Google search "trailer PDI list" you will get more than you will ever read.
Some hitches are rated different for a WD type hitch, usually more.

You did good on the price IMO.

Congrats and enjoy.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I had a Recurve R6 I used on my last trailer a Creekside 23dbs and it worked just fine. The only negative is that the anti-sway mechanism would get dirt and rust in it and that would make it hard to engage and disengage.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:22 AM   #4

I picked up my trailer today. It was in pretty good shape only needing a few things done. All in all I'm very happy. The Recurve hitch wasn't set up properly but was good enough to get me home. So, the jury is still out on that. Looking forward to the maiden voyage. We're usually forest campers. Time to find some place open and close with full hook ups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
If you Google search "trailer PDI list" you will get more than you will ever read.
Some hitches are rated different for a WD type hitch, usually more.

You did good on the price IMO.

Congrats and enjoy.
Thanks, I've never search with that google button before. I always just go to the advanced search. It got me what I needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I had a Recurve R6 I used on my last trailer a Creekside 23dbs and it worked just fine. The only negative is that the anti-sway mechanism would get dirt and rust in it and that would make it hard to engage and disengage.
Engagement on one side was a bit stiff when I picked it up today. Both of the balls has a good amount of grease on them. I'll have to keep an eye on them and see how they age. Thanks. There's just not a lot of info on them yet. I guess most people prefer to go with a proven product. If I was more prepared, I would have also. It was just easier to go with what they had.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:38 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to the 25RDS club - you are in good company as that is one of the more popular floorplans. Although the new KVS models seem to be gaining traction.