Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2022, 05:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by efstewart View Post
Ok, so the controller is in the cabinet next to the slide. Thanks for helping me out. I took the controller panel off, and I noticed that the controller is positioned upside down. So I took a picture to better read the instructions.

In order to override, I need to press the button inside the little opening 6 times and then hold on the 7th until the lights start to flash. It's not easy trying to fit my index finger in there and find the button, and when I tried to depress it, it did not budge. I am going to dinner soon, and I will try again later.
A pencil with an eraser works great for pushing the button. Remember you have about 45 seconds to operate the slide before the controller exits the over ride. If it does, you can over ride again. This will not fix the problem but it can allow you to move the slide in an emergency. You could also have a bad wiring harness.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2022, 12:22 PM   #16
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There are not that many wires on it. Consider a sticky label, remove the wires, turn it around an put the wires back on may help in the future.

The pencil or any blunt object will work.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:12 AM   #17

I found the button and did the sequence and the lights flashed. But since the slide is in the closed position, it still won’t open on one side. It seems that the instructions for the override is for when the slide is stuck in the open position. Correct?
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:41 AM   #18

Quote:
I found the button and did the sequence and the lights flashed. But since the slide is in the closed position, it still won’t open on one side. It seems that the instructions for the override is for when the slide is stuck in the open position. Correct?
Go to YouTube and search for RV Works videos. They have some great trouble shooting videos. You can switch the wiring harness on the controller for each motor and see if the problem moves to the other motor. The screw holding the motors are suspect also. If it comes loose, the motor can rotate and pull the wiring loose. The harnesses are not very heavy duty. I have seen some motors that have been wet on top of the motor and corrosion on the circuit board mounted on top of the motor causing the motor to fail. Attached pic of one of mine that got wet. The motor was fine but the circuit board on top corroded and wouldn’t work. The majority of fails with the motors is not the motor itself but the circuit board. Note the corrosion on the wires. Schwintek should make the circuit board available separate. The 2 red circles go straight the motor brushes. Applying 12 volts directly to these, the motor works fine, backwards and forwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E10015CD-5C66-4E78-B477-A523FB63E3D7.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	366209  
Old 05-22-2022, 10:11 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks like you have a 2022 model that should still be covered under warranty? Unless you live hundreds of miles from the dealer where you purchased it, why not take it in and have it fixed? And if you are indeed a long way from the dealer, give the dealer a call and ask them to request that ORV pay for a local dealer to perform the repair, or for a mobile RV tech to come to you for the fix.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:38 AM   #20

Quote:
"The lights flashed"... As shown on the second image of the second post on this thread the flashing leds indicate the likely source of the problem.

Green LED is which motor. Red LED is the fault. Telling us what those lights show might help narrow down the problem. I have dealt with multiple Schwintec slide issues and all but one of those was wiring between the controller and motor... the final one was a motor failure.

Tags
slide