Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2022, 07:08 PM   #1

Bedroom slide is stuck one side

My front bedroom slide out on my new Glacier Peak 5th wheel won't open on one side. When I press the button, the motor works, and the front right side of the slide out starts to open, but the rear left side does not budge.

I have been using this slide out for the past couple of months with no problems, and I don't want to try and force it open yet.
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2022, 07:15 PM   #2

Which slide out mechanism is it? A pic of the controller would help
If this is your layout then most likely a Schwintek slide. It has 2 motors, one for each side and one is not working. Find the controller and there is a button in a slot that you can push 6 times and hold on the 7th to put the controller into over ride node and usually get the slide to work. After putting into over ride you have about 45 seconds to operate the slide with the switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93062F84-2A6B-4F54-AA6C-FAF87CEACC77.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	365563   Click image for larger version

Name:	463A07CC-1E6B-404D-BEC5-E11C80D7CDC1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	365564  

Old 05-16-2022, 04:51 AM   #3

Yes, that is the same model 5th wheel that we have, and the same slide motor. We just arrived late last night after a long drive and did not feel like looking it up last night. I will check this out, and get back to you. Thanks for the information.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:17 AM   #4

I have looked nearly everywhere inside and out and cannot locate the access panel to the controller. I called Outdoors Rv, and although it is early in the morning, someone answered and said they would call me when the rest of the service dept. gets in!
Old 05-16-2022, 07:52 AM   #5

I have a 2020 Glacier Peak and the front area on these 5th wheels are all the same regardless of model.
Open you upper clothset on the slide side. Inside on the outer wall next to the side,there you will see a small built out box with four screws. This is the location of your slide controller.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:53 AM   #6

if you still can not find it, let me know and I will go out to my trailer and take a photo.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:13 AM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When using the override, pushing 6 times and holding on 7th, please remember that you will be overriding all safety built into the system. those motors are extremely strong.

With that said, when you are extending or retracting a slide do you hold the switch in for a minimum of 5 seconds after the slide stops? If not, the motors will not sync and cause one side to be off from the other slide

If the slide moves more than two inches further than the opposing side STOP as there is a problem and in most cases it is synchronization.

With the type of controller pictured above Lippert states to hold that switch in after the slide stops.

Been there done that - good luck.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:51 PM   #8

Lots of great slideout troubleshooting & repair videos on Darren's (My RV Works) YouTube channel ....
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Qco5pzU6phS4je
Old 05-17-2022, 07:31 PM   #9

I still have not heard from Outdoors Rv. I will call again tomorrow. Also, I do not see any access panel inside or outside the bedroom closet. I have the instructions from my owner's paperwork, but just can't find the control panel.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:48 AM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look inside your storage bays and up on the ceiling of the bay.

I know it sounds strange but that is where they put one for my kitchen slide.

You know you have one, you have to, and it is there SOMEWHERE.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:11 AM   #11

With the slide in, you possibly may be able to trace the wire harness to the controller. I know on my bedroom slide I can.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by efstewart View Post
I still have not heard from Outdoors Rv. I will call again tomorrow. Also, I do not see any access panel inside or outside the bedroom closet. I have the instructions from my owner's paperwork, but just can't find the control panel.
The controller is not in the closet but rather the cupboard above and to the right. See photos of my unit - yours should be the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3647.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	365961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3648.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	365962  

Old 05-19-2022, 04:04 PM   #13

Ok, so the controller is in the cabinet next to the slide. Thanks for helping me out. I took the controller panel off, and I noticed that the controller is positioned upside down. So I took a picture to better read the instructions.

In order to override, I need to press the button inside the little opening 6 times and then hold on the 7th until the lights start to flash. It's not easy trying to fit my index finger in there and find the button, and when I tried to depress it, it did not budge. I am going to dinner soon, and I will try again later.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by efstewart View Post
My front bedroom slide out on my new Glacier Peak 5th wheel won't open on one side. When I press the button, the motor works, and the front right side of the slide out starts to open, but the rear left side does not budge.

I have been using this slide out for the past couple of months with no problems, and I don't want to try and force it open yet.
Hello and sorry for your troubles. If it were me and its brand new I would call the people you bought it from and ask if you can get a moblie rv mechanic to come look at it. Good luck
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide