Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #1

Black tank Pull Handle missing.

I have a blackrock 19b. Just came back from a trip and my black tank pull handle is missing? This is very tucked in so there is no way it got snagged on anything. Is this screwed in? Is it possible it rattled loose, and the solution is just to get a new one and screw it in?

Any insight is appreciated.

-Marshall
Marshall_Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #2

Usually there is a screw that holds the handle on. Simple replacement, take a piece of steel tubing about 4 inches long flatten the center using a few hammer blows, drill a hole and put it on the shaft. Add screw and your done.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:18 AM   #3

Thanks. Ill cut away the under cover and have a better look.
Marshall_Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:45 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My black tank pull handle came unscrewed on our first trip, had open up the undercover and reattach, this time with Lok Tite.

If you call ORV they may send you a new one.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:26 PM   #5

mine spun loose, presumably from air flow around the handle. stopped at an RV store in transit and they had several lengths of handles. Must happen fairly frequently, not only with Outdoorsrv. I just unscrew it after I'm done and place it in the passthrough. Also bought a spare in case the grey water valve decides to do the same thing.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:32 AM   #6

same here. buy a new handle and a tube of LOCKTITE
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same here with the grey handle on our fifth wheel. Had to screw it back on. Removed the first 3 feet of coroplast covering to get to it. Found out the cotterpin they used feel out.

Plus it was rubbing on the backflushing water line to the black tank and wore a hole in it that leaked when I backflushed the tank. Spliced in a piece and covered it with pvc pipe to prevent further issues.

Makes me wonder how fast they put these together!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank