Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2022, 09:26 PM   #15

I have a 2020 24RLS, if you remove the kitchen drawers you will be able to see and access the fresh water tank fill line.

There is no connection between the water pump and the tank fill line.

If you are having a problem filling the tank either you are trying to fill too fast or something is obstructing or kinking the fill line. On our coach the line is about 1” diameter corrugated hose which could be easily kinked and I would not be surprised if it took a permanent kink once damaged. I also use a fill hose adaptor about 12” long and 1/2” diameter which I attach to the end of my water hose and insert into the fill port on the coach, seems to make the fill easier. Just sticking the male fitting on the hose in the fill port can interfere with the tank venting fast enough causing the tank to burp.

Good luck and let us know what you find
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2022, 09:37 AM   #16

Triple E Owners Club
Hopefully fixed

Was able to pull the bottom drawer out. Also had to remove the panel under the drawer as well as remove the fill door on the outside. Problem seems to be very poor workmanship. The fill tube was way too long, the center of it about 3" higher than the fill door, which was causing the water to spit back out. The clamp at the fill hose door was completely loose while the air return hose had completely come off due to no clamp at all. The fill hose clamp going onto the tank was never tightened as well. Completely loose. Also discovered the water pump only had one screw holding it down to the floor. Wiring tightly running across the the top of the pump so at some point removing the pump will be a nightmare. For a company that advertises that it builds high quality coaches, this is just another example, on this coach at least, that they are more concerned with getting them out the door than producing something of quality. This is what happens when bean counters set time limits to get each coach out the door. Quality suffers. Here's a thought; concentrate on quality first, get the processes down, then speed will follow. If it takes a couple of hours more per coach to insure that these kinds of issues do not exist, buyers will gladly pay a little more. As it is, with the quality problems I have had with this coach, I would never buy another ORV.
lexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexton View Post
Was able to pull the bottom drawer out. Also had to remove the panel under the drawer as well as remove the fill door on the outside. Problem seems to be very poor workmanship. The fill tube was way too long, the center of it about 3" higher than the fill door, which was causing the water to spit back out. The clamp at the fill hose door was completely loose while the air return hose had completely come off due to no clamp at all. The fill hose clamp going onto the tank was never tightened as well. Completely loose. Also discovered the water pump only had one screw holding it down to the floor. Wiring tightly running across the the top of the pump so at some point removing the pump will be a nightmare. For a company that advertises that it builds high quality coaches, this is just another example, on this coach at least, that they are more concerned with getting them out the door than producing something of quality. This is what happens when bean counters set time limits to get each coach out the door. Quality suffers. Here's a thought; concentrate on quality first, get the processes down, then speed will follow. If it takes a couple of hours more per coach to insure that these kinds of issues do not exist, buyers will gladly pay a little more. As it is, with the quality problems I have had with this coach, I would never buy another ORV.
Trust me I feel your pain. Really sucks to have to clean up all the slop that RV manufactures leave behind. BTDT
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:47 AM   #18

Nice troubleshooting! So now it fills properly?
Old 04-26-2022, 07:17 PM   #19

Triple E Owners Club
So far, so good

Yes, it fills, so far. Hopefully, this solved it.
lexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:57 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Interesting. My 2018 24RLS has the fill port on the curbside as well and access to the hose is by taking off the access panel that is under the shower. Having the fill port on the curbside makes it a pain to fill potable water when going to typical rv sites as the water connections are usually on the driver side. Someone probably figured out that was a bad design. Although squishing everything into the other side looks to be a challenge.
spogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:42 AM   #21

Because of this thread, I took a look at my water fill and vent lines on my new 2022 25RDS; the clamps were tight, hoses the right length and everything looks perfect......just a note for owners of newer units - maybe they are listening... Actually, I went through the entire unit and took off all access panels and looked at everything; I couldn't find any thing wrong and overall it all looked cleaner and better attention to detail than my 2020 21RBS (built in 2019) did. There have been a few threads about "covid quality" but my February 2022 build looks good so far.

Dave
Old 04-27-2022, 12:48 PM   #22

My clamps and hose were good on my 2019 25RDS. I needed to remove the panel behind the dinette cushion as thats also where the 30A shore plug power enters the TT.
I did it to install an EMS box under the dinette seat.
I think the same crew was there when the OP's was built as I had plenty of other issues.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:09 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by spogdog View Post
Interesting. My 2018 24RLS has the fill port on the curbside as well and access to the hose is by taking off the access panel that is under the shower. Having the fill port on the curbside makes it a pain to fill potable water when going to typical rv sites as the water connections are usually on the driver side. Someone probably figured out that was a bad design. Although squishing everything into the other side looks to be a challenge.
There is an easy fix to the curbside fresh water fill problem. At the risk of hijacking this thread, just connect the input and output of the water pump with a bypass "shunt" with an on/off valve in the shunt. Then you can fill the fresh water tank from the city water connection.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:37 PM   #24

Maybe run a wire down fill tube to see if you have a clogged tube.
ms400f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:51 PM   #25

check the vent tube

I assume you have a gravity fill tank and not pressure fill. I had this problem with my gravity fill tank. There was a kink in the vent tube so the air in the tank could not displace and would not let water into the tank.
Torreyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:53 PM   #26

Read Post #16 It has been fixed, and the problem was explained.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:00 PM   #27

Is the tank vented?

Quote:
I cannot fill the fresh water tank on my 2019 24RLS. I had problems with this the last 2 weeks of 2 month trip. The water pump is off. I drained the tank just to make sure I hadn't filled it and forgotten that I had. It will accept no water. I am assuming that there is some kind of auto switch based upon the fact that you cannot have the water pump on when trying to fill it. Any help would be appreciated.
Is the tank vented? Is the water going anywhere else. On the two motorhomes I have had, both had separate fill, drain, and vents.
FTCMCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:36 PM   #28

Sounds like your back flow/check valve is stuck. Easy fix. It’s part of the fill port

Tags
tank, water