Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:42 PM   #1

City water connection

So…after removing city water hose from trailer a steady stream of water leaked out (shake out trip). Got home and parked the trailer. Water still trickling out. Never had this problem before. Thoughts? Ideas? I’m open. Thanks! Bob
Burdetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2021, 12:47 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There is a check valve attached to the city hose connection to keep water from flowing out. . Many times you just need to reconnect and disconnect and all is well. In most cases changing the valve is not complicated.

Share your year and model I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #3

Yes, check valve issue.

You may be able to simply push in on the check valve with your finger and reset it so it seals. Generally, the valve is plastic and a part breaks causing the leak. You can either replace the entire hose connection fitting, or buy a check valve and remove the guts and replace it in your connection. Either way, you will need to remove the hose connection. Not a difficult task.
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #4

Hmm…as I mentioned it was our shakeout trip. It’s brand new. Mountain Timber Ridge 2021 25RDS. under Warranty I’m sure. I still have my list of things needed to be fixed. I guess add it to the list?
Old 09-25-2021, 01:10 PM   #5

Check valve in City Water Connection (and WH TANK Hot Out) are CHEAP Plastic plunger/spring/O-ring

O-ring gets dislodged, plunger gets cockeyed, construction debris get inside.....they don't set/seal off

They are there so when running On-Board pump water doesn't leak out thru hose connection. Pump will have hard time building up system pressure when they leak.

If plunger cockeyed...they can be reset by pushing in on end of tip W/O any pressure in RV plumbing system

Most times..they have failed and require replacement....new city water inlet assembly
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #6

Just put a water hose cap on the end of water hose or connection for hose at RV. Caps can be plastic or brass, available at HD or any hardware store.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdetteb View Post
Hmm…as I mentioned it was our shakeout trip. It’s brand new. Mountain Timber Ridge 2021 25RDS. under Warranty I’m sure. I still have my list of things needed to be fixed. I guess add it to the list?
Well, you've been given the likely cause, the check valve. A simple push-in, once or twice with a q-tip, as suggested, might just fix it. If not, then you can wait (how many months?) to get it serviced under warranty and use a cap or hose bib shut-off adapter. Absolutely your choice. Probably going to depend on when you can get the service and how much of a PITA having the leak actually is.
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:06 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Had the same thing happen to our 23DBS shortly after we got it. I just ran with a brass hose cap for a while until I had the time to replace the outlet. The hose cap will work just fine to seal it up when you don't have a city water connection. I now carry the hose cap in the storage bin with my fresh water supplies for when (not if) it breaks again.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:41 PM   #9

Problem solved! I re-connected and disconnected…no more issues! Two trips since and no leaking! Thanks village people!

Tags
water