Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2021, 10:02 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemarc View Post
.... Now I am pretty much reliant on myself or some crappy dealer nearby that I really dont trust to touch my trailer. Also many of us are on the road lots so have relied on ORV for on the road help over the phone. As I said the majority of Dealers I would rather fix it myself and have it done right.
You also have those of us in this forum to lean on for help
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2021, 01:31 PM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS56 View Post
I've searched the web and it seems that happens sometimes. I have an ohmmeter but I'm terrible in using it. There are so many little things that can go wrong.

Thanks
I’ve got a home based auto repair and I’m always on the internet researching. That and YouTube. There was guy there at the park that was running his food trailer and use to be a RV dealer service manager that pointed me in the right direction and validated what I had figured out.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #45

I had called several weeks ago, spoke to Todd, and was supposed to get back to him after checking a few things out on my trailer. On the call back they told me about the new policy and i should contact my dealer. I call the dealer and i repeatedly get the service departments VM. What a total waste of time. Fortunately i found an independent repair shop that does not sell units, just manages repairs and maintenance. I was amazed at the excellent service and communication. If ORV is going to be referring customers to stealerships, they need to vet the process to insure customers are being properly cared for.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:34 PM   #46

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by litzdog911 View Post
You also have those of us in this forum to lean on for help

Absolutely correct. A lot of members have saved me from making the call to ORV.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:57 PM   #47

Pretty much the same story from me. Had great luck calling the factory about one a year for a little advice or help with great results. That came to an end yesterday when I really needed them.
jcannon748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #48

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I found out that Grand Design allows their owners to contact the factory direct to get info and order parts. Hopefully ORV decides to re-think their decision and returns to their former business style.
Old 06-26-2021, 01:12 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Thirty View Post
I found out that Grand Design allows their owners to contact the factory direct to get info and order parts. Hopefully ORV decides to re-think their decision and returns to their former business style.
Thats about all GD is good for too.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:34 PM   #50

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Thats about all GD is good for too.

Sounds like there’s a story with that. [emoji16]
I don’t plan on changing brands but was surprised they weren’t going the “contact the dealer route”.
Old 06-26-2021, 03:17 PM   #51

Interesting that the company feels that their return on investment of having a qualified person available to handle questions is not worthwhile. It was a point of difference when competing against other manufacturers. Based on your comments it was a valuable resource. I know RV sales are going well but that will change in the future as the business is cyclical. Having a large group of current owners recommending your product to high potential customers is invaluable. Is it possible that the dealers got together to force the change since it may have been cutting into their profits for service and parts?
linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 09:11 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnemj View Post
Interesting that the company feels that their return on investment of having a qualified person available to handle questions is not worthwhile. It was a point of difference when competing against other manufacturers. Based on your comments it was a valuable resource. I know RV sales are going well but that will change in the future as the business is cyclical. Having a large group of current owners recommending your product to high potential customers is invaluable. Is it possible that the dealers got together to force the change since it may have been cutting into their profits for service and parts?
I don’t think factory phone advice affected stealerships bottom line. Most of them seem booked way out for service. They (stealership) lost my business from their poor response to inquiries and slow performance getting the coach done.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:46 PM   #53

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I gave up on my dealership after them always telling me to bring it and we'll get to it in a few weeks. Not happening. They won't even order parts unless they do the troubleshooting and cause inspection.

The only time I will use them is for a large extended warranty item that needs replacement, and even then may just do it myself.

This is only going to get worse as more of the newly purchased units come in for repairs and maintenance.

I like our ORV fifth whee, but will not recommend them anymore until this policy changes back to support their customers. The dealers could care less.
egwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:31 PM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I’m also disappointed in this discussion!!
Our local stealership has been if no help.
The factory has helped me with all issues I have had.
If there is no support might as well by used and do all repairs and save some money!!
Mtn Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:21 PM   #55

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
... but will not recommend them anymore until this policy changes back to support their customers. The dealers could care less.
I will add that there is no more factory phone support to the customer as a caveat to buying on ORV product from now until the policy is changed. There used to be a factory rep that used IRV2 forums, but I haven't seen anything from them in a long time.

I still have no regrets from buying an ORV trailer, but this is not a good change, even if it is due to contractual obligations.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:37 PM   #56

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I will add that there is no more factory phone support to the customer as a caveat to buying on ORV product from now until the policy is changed. There used to be a factory rep that used IRV2 forums, but I haven't seen anything from them in a long time.

I still have no regrets from buying an ORV trailer, but this is not a good change, even if it is due to contractual obligations.

I haven’t seen ORVPDMAN on this site for a few years now. I was told they monitor the site but not sure for how long or if that has even continued. I guess the part that confuses me about the decision is that from my perspective the staff at the factory really seemed to like the interaction with the owners so it had me thinking that there has been a change at the top end or a change in ownership and someone had a “better idea”.

Tags
door, outdoor, service