Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 07:47 AM   #29

Is it also possible that they gave you too good of a deal, then realized the numbers didn't quite add up so went this route?
Bottom line is it still a great or fair deal? Just don't send another letter upping the cost again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2021, 08:15 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You and the dealer entered into a contract for an agreed price for a product.
You provided earnest monies.
Manufacturer “adjusts” the price of the product prior to delivery.
That’s not your problem, it’s between the dealer and ORV.
Agreed upon contracted price should be honored for contracts in place prior to price “adjustments”.
I believe the legal phrase is “Specific Performance.

You have 2 choices as I see it:
You demand the dealer honors original contract.
You walk away.

I can understand some cost adjustments for material costs.
But the “Market Adjustments” mentioned earlier specifically for the RAM truck is nothing more than greed.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:54 AM   #31

Shipping from China to the West coast has gone up 360% in just the last year.

They are not far off from controlling every aspect of our economy.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #32

All the car companies are doing this on popular models but they're more up front about it by calling it 'Market Adjustment' plus I don't think they're doing it after an agreed upon price. You know ORV lawyered up on this so you probably have to lump it.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:42 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBPNW View Post
I guess I can just call Shannon at ORV and ask.

As far as the Ram example, Additional Dealer Markups (ADM) are common and must be disclosed on the sticker as an ADM. This is different, we have a purchase agreement and (the dealer claims) his price was increased and he is passing on said increase to me.

I'll get to the bottom of this and post the results incase this happens to anyone else. Withholding the name of the dealer as I don't want to impugn their integrity without knowing full details. Perhaps this is all legit.
In my opinion the dealer must eat the increase. You and he agreed on a contract price and unless there is something in the contract allowing him to do this he cannot add additional costs. Just because you got what you think was a good deal you must remember there is a 33 percent markup between what the dealer paid and what he sales price is.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:54 PM   #34

Quote:
Anyone else get this. We ordered a TimberRidge 28BKS Titanium with all the bells and whistles back in July. Now the dealer just sent me a revised invoice with a $2,800 increase in agreed upon price along with a letter (supposedly) from ORV stating an increase in materials cost (see attached).

Can anyone confirm the validity of this letter?

thank you,
You signed a contract? If so, they can not raise the price.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #35

overcharge

Quote:
John.

thanks for the reply, but that's not really my question. I am wondering if anyone can confirm this letter is legit.

I don't know whether they can or not, but i assume they can. This is an on order unit and I've put down a $2000 deposit. I am in WA state.

I did get a good price on this (below MSRP), but still, $2800 seems like a pretty high surcharge.

The manufacturer should know their cost to produce an item, they have increases from their suppliers for quarterly or yearly and they figure that in at the time of the sale and if they don't they shouldn't be in business! I say that letter is purely out of greed.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #36

Got the same letter for our 23dbs. Dealer offered to cover 1/2 of the increase and I put 1k down a month ago on the sales contract. Agreed price was 10% below msrp.

Haven’t decided how to approach it. Ultimately we still want the trailer but I’m not sure how to reply to the dealership. Do I counter? Or just accept it?

In today’s market I didn’t feel like I have much bargaining power. Anything I could ask them to throw in that might be any easy ask?
Old 09-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #37

Call the dealer. And ask

Don’t like. Their answer tell them to pound salt and take back your money
Old 09-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #38

sounds like you got the money and feel sorry for dealer, and willing to pay when you should not.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #39

Call the dealer

I suggest calling the dealer and ask if they sent the letter and then check your contract for ability to increase prices due to material increases.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:48 PM   #40

Happening across the board

I am in the lumber business which might not be directly related to your purchase. However we get 8 to 10 notices per week of increases.some are materials related, but alot now days are related to freight costs. We have some products that were $500.00 per load, and are now $2000.00. Truck and rail costs have just been stupid. We have materials ready to come to us and the manufacturer can not find a truck to put under it. Our lead times have gone from 3 weeks to 16 weeks on windows for example. I cant tell you about your contract legality, but I’m sure you should be able to get out, with a refund of deposit. If not, you need to decide weather to go thru with it, or not. I’m sure they have other buyers lined up. I’m sure, you do not want to overpay for the unit, but that really cant be determined until resale. Best of luck and let us know the outcome. 😁👍
Old 09-26-2021, 03:51 PM   #41

Quote:
Anyone else get this. We ordered a TimberRidge 28BKS Titanium with all the bells and whistles back in July. Now the dealer just sent me a revised invoice with a $2,800 increase in agreed upon price along with a letter (supposedly) from ORV stating an increase in materials cost (see attached).

Can anyone confirm the validity of this letter?

thank you,
IF you have a signed contract and this added charged is not allowed by the contract language , you can always demand your deposit back and walk away .
Old 09-26-2021, 03:58 PM   #42

If you don’t want to buy the unit cancel your order. They know they can sell it tomorrow to the next customer. Simple supply and demand and increasing costs on everything. Have you seen the new costs to ship a container from China? Inflation is heating up and this is the net result. Retirees will get a 6% COLA next year. It will leave you with less money because of rapidly rising prices. Buckle up for a bumpy ride because this will become normal. If I owned the company I’d do the same thing. And I wouldn’t lose an hours sleep. The natural response to governmental action.
Closed Thread

Tags
dealer