Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2022, 08:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVFlyAngler View Post
Yep, my truck has the defect. It was confirmed during a service appointment last fall. My dealership is awaiting specialized equipment needed to perform the repair and, as of my most recent service appointment, there's still no ETA. I may start contacting other dealerships in the region to see if they're able to perform the warranty service.
If I was you I would look at another dealership. They are BS'ing you. It doesn't take any specialized equipment to pull the rear end out of your truck. And if they don't have a welder on site, most Ford dealers bring in a contract welder to weld the spring seat. Then all they need is a set of spring bolts & nuts to reinstall to put the rear end back into the truck after the work is completed. Looks like to me they just don't want to fix it. From what I have been reading there are around 35,000 Super Duty's involved. On the Ford truck enthusiasts site they are talking about filing a class action lawsuit to have Ford replace every rear end. Personally I do not think that this will happen. And only diesel truck were involved in the recall. Supposedly gas trucks did not have enough torque to deform the tubes. According to Ford.
Makes you wonder if the tubes will hold up after the metal fatigues after a few years.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2022, 06:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
If I was you I would look at another dealership. They are BS'ing you. It doesn't take any specialized equipment to pull the rear end out of your truck. And if they don't have a welder on site, most Ford dealers bring in a contract welder to weld the spring seat. Then all they need is a set of spring bolts & nuts to reinstall to put the rear end back into the truck after the work is completed. Looks like to me they just don't want to fix it. From what I have been reading there are around 35,000 Super Duty's involved. On the Ford truck enthusiasts site they are talking about filing a class action lawsuit to have Ford replace every rear end. Personally I do not think that this will happen. And only diesel truck were involved in the recall. Supposedly gas trucks did not have enough torque to deform the tubes. According to Ford.
Makes you wonder if the tubes will hold up after the metal fatigues after a few years.
My to-do list for today includes contacting two other dealerships here in northern Nevada to see if they're able to perform the repair. If not, I'll start increasing my search radius. I REALLY don't want to start towing this summer with the defect.

Thank you, sir!

- Ken
Old 01-17-2022, 09:18 AM   #17

Is it Gallagher that would not do the work ? Or Corwin in Reno ? When it was Jones West the service department was horrible. I have had issues at Gallagher in the past as well but nothing as bad as Jones West.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:21 AM   #18

Asked about changing to Titanium, hopefully this doesn't screw with the order.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
Is it Gallagher that would not do the work ? Or Corwin in Reno ? When it was Jones West the service department was horrible. I have had issues at Gallagher in the past as well but nothing as bad as Jones West.
Since it's a recall I think any Ford dealership can perform the work. I dropped by Corwin Ford (formerly Jones West) this morning, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I walked into the service area and was greeted by a very helpful young lady within 3 - 4 minutes. They can in fact perform the repair and have the equipment, but there is a parts availability (or lack thereof) issue. She scheduled the repair for 06/13/2022 assuming the parts arrive by then.

I may make another call or two into the Sacramento area to see if I can get the work done sooner.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Asked about changing to Titanium, hopefully this doesn't screw with the order.
From what our sales representative told me, the Mountain Series trailers are typically manufactured ahead of the Titanium (for a given floor plan). If you haven't done so already, you may want to check with your dealer.

- Ken
Old 01-20-2022, 05:58 AM   #21

The order is changed to Titanium and the sales guy said it would probably add 30 days or so to delivery time. Were ok with that, sold our motorhome 3 years ago and have been in no rush to buy another rv. Sucks that the prices are what they are but oh well. I have narrowed hitch choice to Blue Ox Or Equalizer and if this new gas truck don't cut it then back to dsl.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:18 PM   #22

Quote:
The order is changed to Titanium and the sales guy said it would probably add 30 days or so to delivery time. Were ok with that, sold our motorhome 3 years ago and have been in no rush to buy another rv. Sucks that the prices are what they are but oh well. I have narrowed hitch choice to Blue Ox Or Equalizer and if this new gas truck don't cut it then back to dsl.
Yeah, I think I'm mentally prepared for the final price to come in 10+ percent higher than I was originally quoted in August, 2021.

My truck's got a 3" receiver. I'm leaning heavily toward the Equal-i-zer, either with a third-party 3" shank (Gen Y or Bulletproof) or a 3" > 2.5" adapter.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:08 PM   #23

We recently learned the 26KVS production schedule has apparently solidified from "May/June" to June. Not too surprised, but we were hoping to pick it up in early July. We briefly considered upsizing to something like a 280RKS, some of which are available, but decided to stick with the 26KVS. We really like the floor plan and weren't thrilled with going from 31'-2" to 34'-11" in overall length.
Old 03-17-2022, 12:39 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Part shortages are still impacting schedule. My 280KVS T was actually built a month ago and then waiting on parts to arrive to finish up. A month later and it's still not done.
lanztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 05:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanztek View Post
Part shortages are still impacting schedule. My 280KVS T was actually built a month ago and then waiting on parts to arrive to finish up. A month later and it's still not done.
That's what our sales representative told me when we spoke a couple of weeks ago. He's got customers in the same situation. I was obviously overly optimistic to think supply chains would have normalized by now when I placed our order last August.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:56 PM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I got an email from my dealer last weekend. Mine is on the lot and I'm picking it up Thursday.
lanztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanztek View Post
I got an email from my dealer last weekend. Mine is on the lot and I'm picking it up Thursday.
Congratulations!
Old 03-27-2022, 09:32 AM   #28

Outdoors RV Owners Club
260kvs

Order a 260 kvs titanium, been told it should be ready in September. Does that align with what others are hearing. Also curious about the additional material costs. Any thoughts on how much that is going to hurt?
Ontheroad9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace