Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #71

$65 - $85k and they still use luan in the walls, some of the surfaces are laminate, exposed cabinet hinges, not warranted for fulltime living, and the interiors have the feeling of grandmas den in 1975. LOL There are much better looking, built, insulated, and priced RV's out there.
AZRanchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2022, 06:33 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post
That said, neither of those trailers met our needs and the ORV took the win for the following reasons;

- HD frame, suspension, shocks and premium tires with high ground clearance
- layout and slide
- large tanks
- insulation package and double pane windows
We narrowed our choices to Lance and Outdoors RV, and went with the latter for pretty much the same reasons. We plan to do a fair amount of boondocking (especially now that I have Starlink), so Outdoors RV was the obvious choice.

- Ken
Old 05-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRanchers View Post
$65 - $85k and they still use luan in the walls, some of the surfaces are laminate, exposed cabinet hinges, not warranted for fulltime living, and the interiors have the feeling of grandmas den in 1975. LOL There are much better looking, built, insulated, and priced RV's out there.
Well, don't keep us in suspense!
Old 05-08-2022, 08:09 AM   #74

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Curious what a reasonable price / deal is in this day and age for a 260KVS Titanium? Sounds like the run from the factory is in August for 2023’s. Just curious what one should expect to pay. Thanks
Ontheroad9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:37 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheroad9 View Post
Curious what a reasonable price / deal is in this day and age for a 260KVS Titanium? Sounds like the run from the factory is in August for 2023’s. Just curious what one should expect to pay. Thanks
In todays economic/political/war climate it would be almost impossible to say.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:11 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRanchers View Post
Do you have any recommendations?
Old 05-08-2022, 09:21 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post
As with all things, particularly all things RV; everything is a tradeoff. It seems that your biggest complaint looking at the ORV was the color scheme/interior design and you aren't wrong.....though such things are obviously subjective. I just bought our second ORV and I did all my research a second time and looked at all the premium offerings out there. Frankly I preferred the interior color scheme and design of Lance.....and my wife and I both think Airstream has beautiful interior design.

That said, neither of those trailers met our needs and the ORV took the win for the following reasons;

- HD frame, suspension, shocks and premium tires with high ground clearance
- layout and slide
- large tanks
- insulation package and double pane windows

Both the Lance and the Airstream had lower payload, less ground clearance and limited FW capacity (37galls for the Airstream vs. 80 for our ORV). The Airstream seems like it is designed for full service trailer parks rather than boondocking which we do. Lastly, the Airstream was DOUBLE the price......While we can easily afford one, it just didn't make sense to us. .....but as I said, everyone has a different usage and criteria; nice trailers but a poor fit for us.

Cheers,
Dave
Same reasons here, and since the TRX is a toyhauler, cargo carrying capacity is important too, and the TRX has a decent rating. A lot of the mainstream brands don't offer enough in regards to carrying capacity.

The only other toyhauler we were interested in at the time with big tanks (200 gallon fresh) and great carrying capacity is ATC, but when I was pricing out their 36 footer I was quoted $145 US in April 2021. That was a bit much to chew, and we ordered the TRX for less than half We actually got a good deal on the TRX at around $57 US (Canadian dealer charged in US), however that price has jumped 6 grand US since the order date. Either way at todays rates I think ~63k US is still a deal. I'm guessing the 29TRX is selling for a few bucks more now.

As for the interior colors, I'm no interior decorator but I like them, and find them warm and cabin'esque.

I like that ORV has gone to the PVC roofing, but I'd prefer they used Azdel for the walls, like most all other brands are using now.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:07 AM   #78

2023 Price Increase

Well, I received an email from our dealer last Thursday.

The price of the 2022 26KVS we ordered in late August, 2021 increased nearly 29%.

That's not a typo; I just spoke to our sales representative to confirm.

Needless to say, we're going to reconsider our purchase decision.

- Ken
Old 06-06-2022, 11:44 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVFlyAngler View Post

The price of the 2022 26KVS we ordered in late August, 2021 increased nearly 29%.

- Ken
Wow, that's crazy, and very unfortunate. That would be a tough call. Ours went up 6 grand which is roughly 10%, and never gave a second thought about continuing with the purchase but 29% is a real kick in the you know what's. Sorry to hear it.
mto502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:57 PM   #80

Not good news, if i hear anything near that they can sell it to someone else.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:05 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVFlyAngler View Post

- Ken
....used inventory seems to be on the rise...

Dave
Old 06-06-2022, 04:59 PM   #82

I would think RV sales in general used or new will tank in the fall. With fuel prices showing no signs of dropping this year and the prices of new and used RV's and along with inflation, at some point buyers are going to say enough is enough.
I would love to downsize but dang if I'm going to pay more for a smaller TT than I did for my 2019. The value's just not there.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:18 PM   #83

Got the bad news from dealer yesterday. Price went up $6,500. Now is $61,363.00, still cheaper then any other dealer for a Timber Rodge 26KVS Titanium. New MSRP is $80,000. Think we"ll just keep our 2012 Keystone Vantage, its paid for and nothing wrong with it
TeG_Scg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:38 AM   #84

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The final price on my ‘22 280KVS Titanium was $9,000 more than the original quote 19 months earlier. I was planning on paying cash for the rig but dealer offered to pay $3500 + $335 for interest if I did financing for 7 months. This new price was still $8k less than I could find the same unit anywhere. The day after I got the loan information in the mail, I called and got payoff-routing information and went down to my credit union and did a wire transfer to pay the loan off...total financing time: 15 days ;-)
lanztek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace