Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2021, 07:16 PM   #1

Deposit Placed: 26KVS

We had placed a deposit on a 25RDS but we decided we liked the 26KVS floor plan more so we're willing to wait a bit longer. The 25RDS is currently forecast for production in January 2022 whereas the next 26KVS production run might be in the spring of 2022.

We'll go with the usual options: Recliners, 16" wheels, three MAXXFANs, Mountain Storage system, and tank heater pad.

So, please expect some 26KVS-y questions in the coming months.

Thanks!

Ken
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2021, 07:23 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Still, spring of ‘22 is a far off time table.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Still, spring of ‘22 is a far off time table.
Roger that.

Due to my lack of PTO (relatively new job) we won't be doing any substantial traveling until mid-June of 2022. So, a delayed acquisition won't result in a huge impact to our 2021/2022 travel plans.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:50 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Back in the fall of 17 Thompson RV just happened to have my 24RKS (2018) on the lot, in the chocolate interior. The next morning I put a deposit down. Had to drive the 4500 miles R/T to pick it up two weeks later. How times have changed.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVFlyAngler View Post
We had placed a deposit on a 25RDS but we decided we liked the 26KVS floor plan more so we're willing to wait a bit longer.
We love that floor plan as well and plan on putting down a deposit too. Timing is not critical for us because we will be in FL until April 2022 and then back on the road with the motorhome until mid-November 2022. In addition, I still need to buy a truck, I'm thinking F350 Tremor 6.7 but they are pretty hard to get right now.
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:20 PM   #6

It'll be worth the wait!
Old 08-26-2021, 12:45 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have spent 4 months in our 25RDS this summer and will have another month in September. It has been great for the two of us and our two dogs. We have been camp hosting at several campgrounds here in Oregon. We seem to spend more time at the dinette enjoying the view out the windows than in the kitchen. One of the great features of the 25RDS is the great kitchen counter. I have my coffee maker, cutting board and paper towel holder all out all the time. The counter next to the fridge is a godsend for loading and unloading the fridge quickly. As for towing I think the two TTs are just about equal in length and weight. I hope you like your KVS as much as we like our RDS.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Back in the fall of 17 Thompson RV just happened to have my 24RKS (2018) on the lot, in the chocolate interior. The next morning I put a deposit down. Had to drive the 4500 miles R/T to pick it up two weeks later. How times have changed.
We did a 4500 mile R/T to pick up our 2016 23RKS back in June. There's something about an ORV that makes this seem like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
Grumpy Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
We love that floor plan as well and plan on putting down a deposit too. Timing is not critical for us because we will be in FL until April 2022 and then back on the road with the motorhome until mid-November 2022. In addition, I still need to buy a truck, I'm thinking F350 Tremor 6.7 but they are pretty hard to get right now.
I got extremely lucky with our F-350. The order was confirmed on 02/01/2021 and the dealer received it on 03/26/2021. I think it came in just under the wire before the chip shortage really started messing things up.

We've yet to tow with it but we're very happy with the truck. Managed just a hair over 19 MPG on our trip through ID, MT and WY this summer. It's light on options and was only about $900 more than a similarly configured F-250.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
We have spent 4 months in our 25RDS this summer and will have another month in September. It has been great for the two of us and our two dogs. We have been camp hosting at several campgrounds here in Oregon. We seem to spend more time at the dinette enjoying the view out the windows than in the kitchen. One of the great features of the 25RDS is the great kitchen counter. I have my coffee maker, cutting board and paper towel holder all out all the time. The counter next to the fridge is a godsend for loading and unloading the fridge quickly. As for towing I think the two TTs are just about equal in length and weight. I hope you like your KVS as much as we like our RDS.

My girlfriend likes the 26KVS a bit more than the 25RDS and I was more than happy to defer. She likes the rear kitchen layout, the bathroom sink location and the two doors separating the bedroom and living area as I tend to get up pretty early (although I doubt two RV-type doors will add much sound-proofing). And, yes, without looking I believe the overall length and GVWR are the same for both the 25RDS and 26KVS.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:32 PM   #11

We committed to a 26kvs and were told June build.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
We committed to a 26kvs and were told June build.
That's certainly consistent with what I was told about a month ago by Thompson RV. Let's hope ORV can hold to their estimated production schedule.

Small world... I purchased my F-350 from the Ford dealership in Elko.

Thanks!

- Ken
Old 01-13-2022, 09:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVFlyAngler View Post
I got extremely lucky with our F-350. The order was confirmed on 02/01/2021 and the dealer received it on 03/26/2021. I think it came in just under the wire before the chip shortage really started messing things up.

We've yet to tow with it but we're very happy with the truck. Managed just a hair over 19 MPG on our trip through ID, MT and WY this summer. It's light on options and was only about $900 more than a similarly configured F-250.
Congratulations on your F350 & 26KVS. My 2021 F350 Diesel pulls the 26 KVS of the mountains of Colorado like it is hardly back there. And Yes the 26 KVS the view out the back is hard to beat. Best floor plan they have. By the way on your F350 built dates that you show on your truck, are you aware there is a recall during those months for the axel tubes crushing down under the spring seats? Due to the rear end maker using a thin walled tub housing.
If the housing has started to deform the whole housing has to be replaced. If the housing is still round they had pulled the rear end out & put a weld across the spring mount. Bubblegum repair at its finest. My truck was built a week after they found out & stopped receiving these defective rear ends from Dana. Yet, my truck has a left over thin walled rear end with the weld done at the factory before it was shipped. Had I known this when I bought the truck in June I would have passed it up. So far after pulling the RV several times the rear end tub seems to be holding. Hope that this helps, thought that you should know this if you didn't already. And the sad part is that if you need a new housing there are no parts available. Some trucks have been sitting for a while at the dealers waiting for the parts. Safe travels
Old 01-13-2022, 07:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
By the way on your F350 built dates that you show on your truck, are you aware there is a recall during those months for the axel tubes crushing down under the spring seats? Due to the rear end maker using a thin walled tub housing.
If the housing has started to deform the whole housing has to be replaced. If the housing is still round they had pulled the rear end out & put a weld across the spring mount. Bubblegum repair at its finest. My truck was built a week after they found out & stopped receiving these defective rear ends from Dana. Yet, my truck has a left over thin walled rear end with the weld done at the factory before it was shipped. Had I known this when I bought the truck in June I would have passed it up. So far after pulling the RV several times the rear end tub seems to be holding. Hope that this helps, thought that you should know this if you didn't already. And the sad part is that if you need a new housing there are no parts available. Some trucks have been sitting for a while at the dealers waiting for the parts. Safe travels
Yep, my truck has the defect. It was confirmed during a service appointment last fall. My dealership is awaiting specialized equipment needed to perform the repair and, as of my most recent service appointment, there's still no ETA. I may start contacting other dealerships in the region to see if they're able to perform the warranty service.

Tags
ace