Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
"Even with the never lube hubs, I still have the RV trailer's bearings re-packed every two years."
How do you have sealed cartridge bearings re-packed?

I am one of the ones that never use the "E Z Lube" zerk fitting. It's just too easy to lube the brake shoes with them.
It took two hours, I’ll check them and repack before our return trip in Nov/Dec.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The "never lube" bearings are a sealed cartridge bearing that is pressed into the brake drum. I gets replaced but not re packed. The EZ lube bearings have a grease fitting at the end of the spindle and in theory the bearings can be re packed with it.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have the EZ lube bearings on the 24 KTS, do other trailers have never lube?
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I don't think ORV uses anything but the EZ Lube. There is much debate about them here.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes