Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2020, 08:27 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Extend rail

I have a 25rds titanium. I am trying to install a stromberg extended handrail. The holes do not line up with the existing ones of course. I was wondering if anyone knows how wide is the interior frame from the rear door trim. The hole pattern might be too wide and miss the frame member. Then I would be drilling into foam? If so, would I then have to drill all the way through to the interior and put large washers or a metal plate on the inside to support the rail? While that wouldn’t be attractive, the safety the extended handrail offers is important to us. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Lowriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Email ORV they can send you wall build dimension sheet... did it for me.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #3

You could put a wood plate on the inside and stain it to match the caninetry, not that I'm trying to make more work for you. [wink-wink]

If you do be sure to squirt a liberal amount of window/door sealant into the holes!
Old 09-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looking at 2 PDFs I have for the door side wall (early and late builds), there is a 1-1/2 X 2-1/2 - 30" long alum tube inside wall welded to the door frame on the handle side. The bottom of the reinforcement is aboot 17" above the lower frame stringer. So it should start 17" above the bottom of the black skirt trim (at top of skirt!) and end 47" above the same, approx measurements.!!!!! The 2-1/2' measurement should be front to back since the walls are just aboot 2' thick. Hope that helps.
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote