Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
F26RKS-Max’s Air fan install

Hi everyone, I have a 2019 Glacier Peak F26rks that we didn't order with the maxx air fans, the only thing I regret, so I'm looking to install one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. My bedroom vent is prewired for a 2nd A/C unit. I have a bundle of small 14-16awg wires that are blue, yellow, grey, red, and green, I also have 2 loops one yellow and one white that are 12awg. I belive the 2 loops are the 12v power i'm looking for but looking at the wiring diagram I think they are tied to the wall switch. Does anyone have ideas on where I can get 12v to run a Maxx Fan before I do some destructive examination with a multimeter?
bikemanx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check with Todd at ORV, but I believe they run the wires for the fans when they build the trailer. Not sure of the colors at this point.
The multimeter is your friend when you start to trace the wires. You are looking for one wire that is hot all the time except when the battery disconnect is off.
Just remove the vent surround and you should find the wires you need nearby. They should be terminated with a wire nut and tape.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
White loop is power, yellow is ground.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK I figured the 2 loops to be what I'm looking for, I didn't want to either Penetrate the insulation or cut them for the purpose of testing without having some confidence. I think the main question is, are those a part of the lighting circuit that is switched.... Which obviously isn't what I want.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:39 PM   #5

I am looking to do the same thing in my 24rks....what did you find on the yellow/white loops....switched or not?
Quadidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:04 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You should have wires for 110VAC as well - I suspect they are Romax and probably black and white and probably at least 10GA. I suspect that your Red,green,grey, yellow bundle is for the thermostat - I presume that the second AC would have it's own and not tied to the one in the central area.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have a 19 24RLS with the fans factory installed. Give me a couple of hours and I will pull a trim ring and advise you on the wiring.
BPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I added the bedroom fan in my 23RBS and the white loop is power, yellow is ground. Mine was a mountain series so no wall switch but tat's what the remote is for.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
F26RKS-Max’s Air fan install

I found two grey wires up there. I used a volt meter to see they were 12v. Just poke the volt meter probe through the wire coating.I cut and spliced the fan wires into them taped it all up put the trim up and it was finished. The most time consuming part was getting the old sealant off the roof.
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
I added the bedroom fan in my 23RBS and the white loop is power, yellow is ground. Mine was a mountain series so no wall switch but tat's what the remote is for.

I think I would double check that. White is negative in an ORV on the DC wiring.
Yellow is 12v+.
BPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just installed a Maxxfan in my trailer. The 12 gauge wires are the ones to join to. I ran a jumper from the fuse panel ground to clear up any uncertainty on my part...
Bigfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:49 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadidaho View Post
I am looking to do the same thing in my 24rks....what did you find on the yellow/white loops....switched or not?
They are not switched. Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

Tags
fan, air, install