RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
First RV 25RDS

Howdy, I am such a Newby to any TT, but have lived and cruised on boats over half the world so hope the transition is not too difficult. Yesterday we purchased a used 2019 25 RDS (repro). It is now parked in the pasture, South Lake Tahoe. Gonna move it off the hill before it snows again. I just wanted to say hello and thank this forum for so much. This group of people is why we wanted to start this next chapter of travel/cruising. I will have so many questions in the days ahead. (if I can't find the answers in the archives)
Cheers,
Doug T.
Teakmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2020, 09:45 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2

You should look at our Travel Trailer forum. Lots of good info there.

If you have a particular interest you can go to the search box, at the top, and input your interest. You will find threads that might answer your questions.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:47 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats Doug. I have a 2014 250RDSW and it's been great to vacation in, even with two big dogs. If you can't find the answer here just call Todd at the factory or anyone in the service department. The 2019 has many upgrades from mine that I wish I had. Also I think they did a better job on fit and finish by '19. One thing, just like a boat, these things will definitely float, but they will not float indefinitely. Enjoy it.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:40 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to the forum, Doug, and congrats on your purchase!

We are both campers and boaters and have been for decades. You'll have little trouble with the transition since many of the concepts are the same - road maps instead of charts, campgrounds instead of marinas, dumping instead of pumping. You're already used to maintenance and repairs, planning your days with an eye on the weather, deciding how long to stay before pulling up the anchor and making the best possible use of your limited storage space. It will be a piece of cake and you'll begin an entirely new collection of adventures and memories.

Best wishes for many years of happy camping!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:14 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Captain
Doug

Welcome, Both to the world of RV living and to this forum. I also was on boats for some years. So I can safely say if your bost/RV feels like it's moving and your NOT check the RV hand Brake. You will also find an RV'er that "RED sky at night now means time to find an RV Park and Red sky in the morning just means to have another cup of coffee and walk the dog before the storm comes to the RV Park. Welcome aboard sir, to you and your crew. You may if not already want to winterize your Motorhomes water systems before temps drop. If you truly are in a field watch out for mice getting into the RV from under the coach. Make sure your sliders are all in and batted down secure for the cold days ahead. Hope you do have the electrical power to keep the batteries charged. As you will learn you have two sets. One set for the Motorhome/coach part and the other to run the RV engine. Try to never let them fall below the 10.5 amp state of charge. So keep an eye always on your batteries. Welcome aboard to our humble forum, lots of good and helpful folks. On the top menu, you will find RV FORUM this should help you to find fellow RV'ers with your same make and model RV to help with specific questions. Also, explore this forum lots to scout out here and you may want to check out MENU Number two under the main menu and complete USER CP information about your land yacht and crew. Welcome as I'll cast off now and leave you here in this forums safe waters.
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:24 AM   #6

Congrats! Yes there is a great following here and another more general one on Facebook. Coming from boats, you will fit right in to this section since you are dealing with the same kind of systems. Its best to learn to work on it yourself to avoid stealerships and incompetence. I'm located down the Reno area, happy camping!
Azimuth551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:16 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats on your purhase - great choice in rigs. My sister and brother-in-law recently made the change from boat life to RV life (they were also landlocked for several years inbetween). They are also enjoying it as much if not more than boating. You might also look into the ORV Facebook page - lots of good folks there too.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:36 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations on your new (to you) rig. We have a 2015 Timber Ridge and enjoy travelling with it. Lots of people on this forum with much experience and willing to share it. They have helped me out on several occasions over the last few years. As others have stated, Tod and others at ORV are very good people and willing to help where they can. If you are contacting them itís very helpful to them and you if you provide your trailers VIN. An example is that on our snowbird trip last winter we lost the lights in the slide. Contacted Tod and in short order he emailed me the 12v electrical drawing for our trailer. Made the trouble shooting much easier and shortened the repair time.
Hope you enjoy the unit and safe travels.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your welcomes and advice. So, far only have found a couple of issues. Theres a leak at the drain valves, and the LED awning light does not work(or I can't find the switch to turn on, I think it's in the main panel area combined with the lights for the main cabin).

Regarding the drain valves, why isn't there access from outside vs having to remove 4 screws under the bath sink? Is it not normal SOP to drain the system when winter storing?

Regarding the awning LED light strip, I don't think it's a fuse problem as it looks like it shares a fuse with the awning and the awning works fine.

Anyway, the fun begins!

Doug T.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:37 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to the 'frat', Doug
The awning light might one of the most often-asked question of ORV owners. On ours and with so many ORV's the quirk is that the remote control for the awning light has to be turned on first, so the interior light switch will function. Hope that helps on that one. I don't fully understand your drain question so I'll just leave that alone and one of our great guru's (GG's) on here will undoubtedly step in to assist you.
Cheers
Glen
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teakmtn View Post
Thanks everyone for your welcomes and advice. So, far only have found a couple of issues. Theres a leak at the drain valves, and the LED awning light does not work(or I can't find the switch to turn on, I think it's in the main panel area combined with the lights for the main cabin).

Regarding the drain valves, why isn't there access from outside vs having to remove 4 screws under the bath sink? Is it not normal SOP to drain the system when winter storing?

Regarding the awning LED light strip, I don't think it's a fuse problem as it looks like it shares a fuse with the awning and the awning works fine.

Anyway, the fun begins!

Doug T.
Welcome to the forum.

Your low point drain valves are boxed in the floor for insulation purposes. Some camp year round, No sense in having them hanging out side where they can freeze.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:37 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations on the new to you trailer. Can't help much on your drain question, but I can tell you that on my F26RLS, the awning must first be deployed using the remote, then scroll through the remote and find the "light" function and turn it on. Then, the awning light can be manual controlled by the switch on the control panel. Have to go through this process each time you set up.
GPCPL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:02 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here in the OutdoorsRV section of IRV2 you will see that we have had about every issue that can be had. We get them fixed with the advice of other ORV owners or just call the factory for help. Some of the mods some have done are awesome. Hopefully next year we can use them more. Remember it's a trailer, don't launch it.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:04 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well that would be an easy fix, if I had the remote! Lol. I have two remotes, a Furrion and a Jenson. I did not see any modes that would indicate something resembling "awning/porch light". What would it look like?
Thanks again,
Doug T.