Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #1

Floor issue

We have had our 2022 22FQS for about 6 weeks now and have put 4000 miles on her throughout Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado and Idaho.

The only real (somewhat minor) issue we have had is a creaky floor between the outside door and bathroom door. It also seems to give a little in that area.

Since we are about 5 hours from our dealer and I am a handy little fellow I like to fix things myself.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of issue? What did you find?

And no, we haven’t had any water leaks.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2021, 10:00 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Keep in mind that if you try to fix it it might not be covered. Notify them of the problem so that it is covered when you do get there. You will probably have other things by then anyway. You do not want to drive screws. There is wiring. Drilling holes for glue will do the same thing. If they try it and it fails in a short period of tie you are covered still.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:20 PM   #3

I had the whole belly wrap(coroplast)down on mine and you can see up to the floor that way. Where ever the holding tanks are, the width of that amount has no cross brace in the frame for the 2x2 + 3/4" plywood to rest on. Since you said it was at/near the bathroom, I'm thinking this is that span. Mine is not as sturdy in those areas either. I've heard a creak or two around those areas too. Between the tanks they put an abbreviated cross member that spans the I-beam frame to help stabilize the floor. By abbreviated I mean a standard structural cross member is for all practical purposes the same height as the frame rails. If the frame rail is 6" I-beam the cross member is 5-3/4". An abbreviated cross member is 3" so the black and gray water tanks can be linked together to a common sewer dump location but each with their own slide valve. All this to say.....yes it is going to be a little spongy there and you may get a creak or two but nothing to be alarmed about.........
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:54 PM   #4

Vintage465

Thanks for your detailed description. I guess every house needs a creak or 2.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:02 PM   #5

Creaky Haloween!

Our 2021 20 BD has a creaky spot right in front of the stove so likely same thing. We will learn to live with it as Im sure its not a issue. We have one in the house too in the spare bathroom. At least its not between the bed and the bathroom so I can still sneak to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Telemarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor