Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2022, 10:13 PM   #15

I ordered my 24RKS on October 9th with a dealer that had an open unit, I had to make a decision then because they were going into production in November. Was told it would be in in January and dealer called me Dec. 3rd and it was at their lot. A whole month sooner than they told me. It was a 2 day drive for me to get to dealer and with the holidays, I was unable to make the trip until this week, picking it up on the 5th, two days from now. Unfortunately the new tow vehicle doesn’t have a build date yet so I have to store it at a friends about an hour away until that comes in, was hoping it would get here before trailer. I contacted a lot of dealers and only 3 got back to me when I was ordering that had open orders. Otherwise I would have had to wait until this time next year according to a couple dealers I talked to.
FiredogOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2022, 09:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredogOH View Post
I ordered my 24RKS on October 9th with a dealer that had an open unit, I had to make a decision then because they were going into production in November. Was told it would be in in January and dealer called me Dec. 3rd and it was at their lot. A whole month sooner than they told me. It was a 2 day drive for me to get to dealer and with the holidays, I was unable to make the trip until this week, picking it up on the 5th, two days from now. Unfortunately the new tow vehicle doesn’t have a build date yet so I have to store it at a friends about an hour away until that comes in, was hoping it would get here before trailer. I contacted a lot of dealers and only 3 got back to me when I was ordering that had open orders. Otherwise I would have had to wait until this time next year according to a couple dealers I talked to.
Thanks for the detailed info. October to December is a pretty short wait! Congrats on getting your new unit.
DBPNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:53 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just got off the phone with Shannon from ORV. Black Stone 280KVS should begin production in two or three weeks. Mountain series is first and then Titanium. My rig is about 3/4 down the list so she said to expect a Feb build for mine.

On another note, they have no plans to reinstate tours in the near future.
lanztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 04:16 PM   #18

Thanks for the update. Shame about the tours.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanztek View Post
I just got off the phone with Shannon from ORV. Black Stone 280KVS should begin production in two or three weeks. Mountain series is first and then Titanium. My rig is about 3/4 down the list so she said to expect a Feb build for mine.

On another note, they have no plans to reinstate tours in the near future.
Well, I guess that shoots my 28 bks down the line quite a ways. I haven't had time to call. I will try to tomorrow if I get some free time.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:49 PM   #20

We ordered a 24RKS Mountain series last February. The original delivery date was supposed to be November, but that ended up slipping till December. We could have picked it up then but had already made other holiday plans. The good news is, picking it up on Jan 15th!
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #21

Just talked with ORV. Looks like end of March to mid april for Titanium 28bks production. So, if everything went perfect from now until then, we'd have our unit b4 May.

My Confidence level: Moderate at best.

I really want the titanium. I like nice things. But, our summer plans are predicated on having a rig. There are several Nash 29s for sale online. We are going to check one out.

If we like it, I think we'll just pass on the ORV. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Old 01-08-2022, 03:52 AM   #22
DCC

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for checking on the build dates!
DCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #23

Checked out a Nash 29s OTG yesterday. I personally liked it. My wife was luke warm. It did have some quirky issues. First, there seems to be no wall mounted light switches with the exception of an oddly mounted one in the bathroom which is right under the sink top on the vanity. The rest must be turned on and off at the light which doesn't work when you have two kids who can't yet reach them.

The bunks don't have power to them. So, not charging. At night the kids read and do brain games, etc on their ipads. They are also allowed to watch a movie if they don't like what's on the big TV. This makes that very inconvenient.

Half the doors in the unit would not close because the were put on wrong. The two door cabinet doors would overlap and the single doors were simply put on wrong/misaligned. The dealer said it was from temp changes. I laughed. We are in WA state. If the temp change causes a NASH cabinet door to misalign by over and inch, then I don't want a Nash. The reality is that this is a COVID rig and they shipped it with the belief that the dealer would fix it (dealer prep) before it was shown to a potential customer.

The build quality was pretty good as far as being sturdy. Waaaaaaaay better than our crappy KZ Connect. Crap would just fall off that thing (never again). I liked the wood panel fridge and the layout was better than the 28BKS for my taste. The exterior design was nice and the roof rack was something we'd use for sure. This model came with a onan 3.6 which would be handy,

Of course the big, glaring elephant in the room is tank size. Not even close to the ORV. I would say that the was the deciding factor for me. I could have fixed the other annoyances, but the tanks, too much of a pita to mess with. Since we'll be using this as a guest house at our lake home without hook ups, we need the tank size.

All of that said, this was a very nice unit with only a few nit pick fit and finish issues.

PS. The doors to the bedroom were seriously hokey.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:40 PM   #24

Well I was informed today from Thompsons that our 24RKS Titanium has just arrived on their lot today.

So it looks like we'll be making a trip up north in the next couple weeks or so.
bsmall2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:19 PM   #25

Copngrats. Let us know how it goes. I've got mine ordered thru Thompsons also. 1800 miles for me when the time comes.

BTW were you affected by the recent price hikes announced?
Old 01-22-2022, 07:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everlooking View Post
Copngrats. Let us know how it goes. I've got mine ordered thru Thompsons also. 1800 miles for me when the time comes.

BTW were you affected by the recent price hikes announced?
Thank you!
Yes I was affected by both price hikes over the past 9 months.
It’s a day in half drive for us to get to Thompsons. I’ll let you know how it all goes.
What did you end up ordering??
bsmall2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:19 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmall2800 View Post
Thank you!
Yes I was affected by both price hikes over the past 9 months.
It’s a day in half drive for us to get to Thompsons. I’ll let you know how it all goes.
What did you end up ordering??
I've got a 24KRS on order. The last I heard, it may be built late Sept. or early October. I'll be checking with the factory probably next month to see how close that schedule will hold true.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:06 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmall2800 View Post
Well I was informed today from Thompsons that our 24RKS Titanium has just arrived on their lot today.

So it looks like we'll be making a trip up north in the next couple weeks or so.
congrats. We are still keeping our fingers crossed for April/May for our 28 bks Titanium.

Tags
hose