Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2020, 09:16 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Fresh water drain in F28 Glacier Peak

I have looked all over underneath but can't find a handle. I can see the outlet but no idea where they hid it.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have the F27MKS and the white handle is behind the rear axle on the drivers side pointing back at about a 40 degree angle. The dump is about a 1 1/2” pvc coming straight down above the rear axle on the same side. It dumps super fast. Maybe yours is similar.
Tbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:13 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our 2016 GP fresh water dump handle is on the driver side, in front of the front axle way up under the skirting. What a pain.

I cut a 4 inch hole in the skirting and installed a twist off hatch plug to reach in there much easier.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hmm, I guess I will have to crawl around underneath. Maybe I will email Todd. Got a couple things to talk to him about anyway.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a 2017 F26RLS, and like Egwilly's, the handle is on the driver side, up under the skirting. It's a white "T" handle, just in front of the front spring hanger.
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I don’t have a 5r but I do have rear kitchen. As stated above, drivers side behind axle, behind slide, right below out side shower box. Ya gotta crouch, hard on knees.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
I have looked all over underneath but can't find a handle. I can see the outlet but no idea where they hid it.
We have the same model. The fresh water dump handle is hidden from view, just behind the black/grey tank dump light. There's even a sticker identifying it. It does dump fast. You'll leave a good hole in the ground if you open it all the way. My concern is that the only place for air to race in behind the departing water is that tiny, dime sized vent hole. I take of the fill cap too, to help try not to implode the tank.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Woohoo! That was it alright. They forgot to install the sticker on mine. I would have never found it. The galley dump handle is not very friendly either. Going to buy some kayak covers eventually. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:03 PM   #9

Glad you found the fresh water dump handle.
As for the galley grey water dump. The first thing I did was install a kayak door like you mentioned. The next thing I did was follow Tuquala's idea of connecting the galley grey dump to the forward combo unit.

This plumbing job was not very hard. With the dropped frame on the 5th wheel you can easily get the desired 2% slope to make this flow very well and still get all the clearances you need from the ground and the axles.

If you need additional info you can PM me.

Tags
fresh water, water