RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:54 PM   #1

Leaking San T Flush

First trip out with the 2020 23dbs this past weekend, also first time dumping and using the San t flush. Seems it was working But half the water was leaking from the connectors from the vacuum break connectors. Looks like it’s connected correctly. Now there’s a whole bunch of water that leaked down the floor access panel to the under belly. Water did run through the coach following the path down to the front door as well. If you press near the low hot and cold water drains, water seeps out. Calling the dealer tomorrow. Disappointed in quality control or lack of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3F2D0A8B-82BE-4D5A-8C42-722D2746C972.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	295592   Click image for larger version

Name:	6C50991F-D2BC-4937-9FFB-8F116041EB86.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	295593  

Hunterfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #2

The dealer will probably say fix the fitting, and the underbelly will dry out on its own. Call ORV, and tell them you want all batten insulation that got wet to be removed with new. There is 2 layers of it. Once it gets wet, or is exposed to even high amounts of water vapor the R-value is diminished.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Easy fix if the dealer jacks you around and needs the rig for weeks and has to wait for parts. Loose or broken fitting would be my guess.

I did this repair myself on our '16 GP due to a bad pex connection. Tight quarters but was doable.

Another hint, use full hose pressure when using the flusher.....lower pressure will make potable water come out the vacuum break in the cabinet when you turn the water off...... Every time.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
San T Flush

A possible upgrade since you are getting work done on this.

Our San T Flush manfunctioned early on. Luckily, it wasn't a leak.
I replaced that cheap plastic with a Brass Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker and check valve setup. San T (Swan) makes a brass one but is over priced so got the equivalent parts on Amazon.
ioski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:23 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
They should rename it In-Sanity Flush!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #6

I have a 2019 23dbs. The saniflush valve on ours was installed backwards. Water obviously didnt flow. Made an appointment with the dealer for 2 months out based on their schedule. They had the rig for 1 month! I was worried there was a kink in the line, otherwise i would have looked at it myself. I never thought to check that during the pdi. They should have.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:16 PM   #7

Towed it to the dealer 2 hours away. Told the service advisor to open it up and dry it asap. Also asked them to replace insulation etc. Emailed Todd but he just not much water would have gotten in. Sent him the video. When you press on the belly, water squirts out! Also Outdoors rv said to just take it to the dealer and they will take care of me.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #8

OP- seems they are willing to take care of you. Personally once they have it opened up I would go check for my own piece of mind that all wet insulation is removed.
ORV does take care of its customers, which I have a lot of respect for.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry guys. I have to play stupid here cause I am right now lol. Can you guys clarify for me the saniflush valve? I have a 'flusher' in my black tank. Is that what we're talking about?..or I believe there is also, I call it a cheater vent for the black tank flusher under my bath sink? Maybe I'm confusing things. Thanks for any clarification!
jimmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In another thread that's going on here the OP refers to it as a vacuum breaker. Am I kind of thinking the right way here?!...
jimmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just found the same problem in my 2020 250RLS T. The fittings on the vacuum breaker under the sink were all loose and leaking water onto the floor. I was lucky (?) most of the water went onto the floor and not into the belly. After tightening the connections, everything was fine, but noticed the vacuum breaker itself still leaked a little out of the vent cap. I am going to replace with a better quality one. I suspect the factory does not check this feature out, just a pressure test on the main system. Maybe they should start!!
Old 08-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ours Is Also Leaking Upon First Use

We also experienced leaking from the belly of our 2020 21RWS and water across the floor starting somewhere in front of the bathroom. We'll dig into the source of the problem in the next few days and let you know what we find. Thanks for posting so we know where to start looking and the advice on replacing the insulation under warranty.
LHresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmystoys View Post
Sorry guys. I have to play stupid here cause I am right now lol. Can you guys clarify for me the saniflush valve? I have a 'flusher' in my black tank. Is that what we're talking about?..or I believe there is also, I call it a cheater vent for the black tank flusher under my bath sink? Maybe I'm confusing things. Thanks for any clarification!

Saniflush is the black tank flush and we are talking about the same cheater vent as well.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Found The Leak in San-T-Flush

The source of the problem is similar, but different. Ours is also a leak in the PEX and under the sink, but in a different connection point. The source of the problem in our situation is an imprecise length of PEX below the San-T-Flush. See the photos attached. We are able to repair the PEX leak, but the damage below is going to be a warranty issue.
I've left voice mail and email for Todd Morton that includes a request for warranty repair of the insulation.
Thanks for sharing your experience which has helped us to find the problem and know what to do about warranty repair.
(Photos taken while squirreled under the cabinet need to be rotated to the right 90 degrees.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200810_091815.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	296665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_095538.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	296666  

Name:	20200810_090634.jpg