Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #43
Mlz

Levelmatepro pro

I thought about upgrading but frankly I just got back from 3 weeks on the road, same battery no problem.
I also took out cover screw wrapped part of the cover in Velcro to hold it together, so I can get to the battery in seconds.
Mlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I haven't used mine much because the battery is always dead. I called and spoke to Charley I think it was. He offered me the loyalty deal for $95. He said I could keep the old one, not sure why I want it though. I'm already into this thing for $135 when I bought it on Amazon last October. To late to send it back to Amazon for a refund. Another $95 puts in the not sure I need it range.

The soldering to the circuit board could be a solution and have it wired rather than battery operated. Feel bad for those who bought this gadget 1st generation. It was highly recommended by the "RV Geeks" too. I have read somewhere that some people where sent out new units no charge before the loyalty program was established. I know I would gladly return this one for the 2nd generation if there was a more reasonable expense.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #45
Mlz

Guess I don't understand

I'm surprised since I still have the same battery in mine and it continues to work great?
Have you tried a new battery, maybe you just had a weak or old one in it. Also, have you set it so it shuts down and doesn't stay on?
As I said previously, I love this thing, my fridge has never been this level and the fridge now works so well I'm very surprised. I had previously planned on replacing it even though my fridge is a 2015. Now, I'll keep it as is.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher99 View Post
In case anybody is interested, I just received a new Campingworld flyer and they have the LevelMate Pro on sale for $119.97 (for members). I checked several other places, including Amazon, and the best price I could find was $139.99.

Note that the Campingworld website shows the member sale price as $128.99 which includes free shipping. I called the number in the sales flyer and asked if the $119.97 in the sales flyer included free shipping. The sales guy put me on hold for several minutes and came back and said that he talked to his manager and they would include the free shipping if I ordered now. So, my take away from that is that the flyer price doesn't normally include free shipping but if you call them, you can probably talk them into including the shipping.

I placed my order, by the way. I've been reading reviews on this product and it seems that most of the people who have purchased it absolutely love it. It was interesting that some of the reviews were by people who have Class A motorhomes with automatic leveling systems and they bought this because it was more accurate than their automatic systems. I think that this is going to go on my list of things that I'm not sure how I ever lived without...
You won't regret it as long as you are not trying to use a Note 4 or a Samsung S5 to pair. Verizon has done a security patch that prevents these phones from pairing with the Levelmate Pro. Other than that, it is great. I can get my coach "dead" level which is something the bubble guys guess at. Most of them that poo poo the Levelmate Pro are just cheap, IMO.
chertman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Here is a list of the items that I used to make the LevelMate Pro, battery powered off of the house batteries, via a DC to DC converter/Power Supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition to the above items, you would also need:
1. a length of 18ga or 20ga wire to run from whatever 12VDC source you use.
2. I had a 12V lighted switch here and used that, but you can find them on Amazon too....or other places.
3. Various small butt splices for the small gauge wire and maybe some 1/4" spade connectors (automotive style if the switch requires it for connection)
4. Electrical tape

You will have to figure out a way to mount the Power Supply in the work box (I used double face tape) and I also cut off the plug in for plugging the power supply into a 12 volt power point in a car or truck. I also cut off the other end that has the plug for using the different adapters.

WARNING! MAKE SURE YOU PLUG THE POWER SUPPLY IN BEFORE YOU CUT OFF THE PLUG TO IDENTIFY THE CORRECT POLARITY OF ...BOTH...THE INPUT AND THE OUTPUT OF THE POWER SUPPLY! I'm not sure what would happen to the LevelMate if the polarity was reversed
accidently

Another thing that I did, since the plastic work box is located inside the trailer, I drilled 8 or 10 holes in the bottom and sides of it to allow for ventilation, sice the box has a cover that would prohibit air flow.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me about it. Good luck if you undertake this little project and one final warning.....AGAIN, ANY MODIFICATION TO THE LEVELMATE WOULD ALMOST CERTAINLY VOID THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY AND YOU ARE DOING SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I am very pleased with the way it turned out, but it's a risk if you are not sure of what you are doing, or you mess up the soldering of the wires on the printed circuit board of the L.M.

Ha, ha, ha, I know exactly where "Murvil" is.
chertman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #48
Mlz

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chertman47 View Post
You won't regret it as long as you are not trying to use a Note 4 or a Samsung S5 to pair. Verizon has done a security patch that prevents these phones from pairing with the Levelmate Pro. Other than that, it is great. I can get my coach "dead" level which is something the bubble guys guess at. Most of them that poo poo the Levelmate Pro are just cheap, IMO.

So I'm little confused with this comment. I have verizon an iPhone and no problem pairing with LM pro?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #49

He said for note 4 or Galaxy s5.
Not iphone