Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #1

Lippert Solid Step

I am planning to install the Lippert Solid Step. Has anyone already installed these steps? And installation advise? Seems to be fairly easy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hey Sheet Music, I am going to do the same thing in the next few weeks. I think it will be a straight forward install. There are some good videos on Youtube I see with how to do it, if that helps.
Let us know how it goes if you do yours before I get to mine.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:08 AM   #3

you might want to check out Torklift steps before you do the Lippert. We are happy with ours.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
you might want to check out Torklift steps before you do the Lippert. We are happy with ours.
X2.....and no dirt, or water, inside from the steps and they're fully adjustable
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:24 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, I just installed a new set of MorRyde Step Above steps and love them. They were really easy to install, and only took about 30 minutes. They are so much more stable then the old fold out steps and feel so much more residential.
My wife's parents came out to see them and they said they thought it was the best upgrade I have done to the trailer so far.
I told them I had done it for them.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
X2.....and no dirt, or water, inside from the steps and they're fully adjustable
x3 Couldn't be happier!!
Mike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #7
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What was wrong with the other steps? Did they break? Where they unsafe?...to me steps are steps...just like a trailer is a trailer is a trailer.
Enjoy your new steps.
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
What was wrong with the other steps? Did they break? Where they unsafe?...to me steps are steps...just like a trailer is a trailer is a trailer.
Enjoy your new steps.
Coops
Our GP has the entry at the rear of the coach. ANY slope to the campsite has a significant effect on the distance between ground and first step. Since most of the sites slope towards the rear of the site, many times that "first" step was over 12". DW has hip problems, total replacement, so I had purchased a folding platform step to assist. This was bulky and heavy.

The TorkLift Glow-Steps gave me 4 steps vs the OEM 3 step, they have a number of adjustments to fine tune the step height for any situation, I don't have to carry the platform step and they are half the weight of the OEM steel steps.

For us an big win! YMMV

Mike
Mike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #9

I accidentally left the steps deployed when pulling out from camp and busted them - decided to replace them with the TorkLift glow steps with 4 steps. Very stable and adjustable for the wide variety of terrain we encounter. The only downside is that it is a two handed process to deploy or retract which is inconvenient when taking a quick lunch break on the road. I tried it one handed and dropped my ham sandwich in the dirt
John Pattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
These are the best steps ever.

Pet Ramp, Pet Stairs, Pet Step Videos
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
After going to the Torklift website and watching some of the videos I was pretty excited about these steps. They do look a bit more troublesome to deploy and store, but you don't deploy/store as often as you climb or descend the steps, so seems like an ok trade off. But YIKES! $500+ for a 3 step configuration??? I think I'll put up with the standard steps for a while longer...
Old 03-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Being stored inside they don't get loaded with road debris however when you go to leave they deposit all the campsite crap from use inside the coach. No thanks... I like a rug wrap on each step and carry an aluminum platform step for those few times when an extra step is needed.
TyCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
Being stored inside they don't get loaded with road debris however when you go to leave they deposit all the campsite crap from use inside the coach. No thanks... I like a rug wrap on each step and carry an aluminum platform step for those few times when an extra step is needed.
From the videos, it looks to me like the Torklift stairs are stored outside, in the same "cavity" that the standard stairs fold into. Or maybe you weren't talking about the Torklift stairs?
Old 03-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #14

That's where they stow
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert