The original access panel made it very difficult to reach the drain levers. I very carefully cut out the panel next to the original access panel and installed a new cover panel. It will make that part of winterizing much easier.
I am very happy to see how insulated that section is.
iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!
2020 24RLS. The original access panel would be perfect but the valves are plumbed back and low. It took some stomach laying, arm and wrist articulation to get to the closest one in particular.
I cut the hole by starting with a 1/2 inch bit and then cutting with a Swiss Army knife saw. I used a door from an antique sowing machine. We used the base years ago for a vanity and the door has been sitting unused. I cut the door 6" wide and left its length at 14". I only had to make the one cut. I drilled two pilot holes through the door and used two drywall screws to fasten it. It fits like a glove.
I didn't have to stain because it was already stained so it saved me a step. It is solid and out of site.