Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
All of the vents in our 280RKS have fans. Replaced the bath with a Vortex (with added PWM speed control), bedroom has Fantastic Vent with IR remote. The kitchen/dinette area has a Vortex also, and I can totally tell you that there is NO wiring for a fan up there.

I ran a wire for vent fan (and to split the light circuit, for a separate sink light) from the vent opening over to the stove hood circuit. Wasn't easy, had to go through both the ceiling and the overhead cabinet to access wires. But, works real well!!

You will find that the bedroom is wired for power, and also has a harness for the Fantastic Vent wired wall control up there!! Grey flat wire with phone type connector. Ours is actual wireless IR remote.

As to vent covers, never wanted to install any, don't like the looks, and never have had much rain inside from the vents. When using in rain, keep them real low, but still can use fans. If cold and rainy or snowing, don't open them!!
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
I went with the Camco brand as it was easier to clean as the vent area only required one Philips screw to pull the back vent cover off to clean out. Has the Maxx-Air changed their design for easier cleaning?

The Maxx-Air II has removable pins on one side that allows the cover to flip up for easy cleaning.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post

I am considering installing Max Air II vents at kitchen, bathroom and can't decide between the Max Air II or Powered Max Air in bedroom.
What I didn’t like about the MaxxAir II above our bathroom vent was that it didn’t allow the vent cover to fully open. I did read about another brand that was taller and allowed more air to flow through. Unfortunately I can’t recall the name. Maybe somebody can chime in with the name.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In our 2016 240RKS we have Fantastic fans and there is a specific cover that allows the lid to open fully. Here is an example in white:

https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-Ve.../dp/B007HGF398

I had a black cover on our last trailer bought for aesthetics black on black styling, I won't do that again as it blocked far to much light. So this one will be either white of smoke.

Here is the video of the difference:
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #19

Thanks Grump010! I’ll be getting those for our new fiver later this spring.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #20

I have always been happy with just one fan, located in the bathroom's roof vent. I can close the bathroom door (plenty of air space below the door though) and the sound is muffled. Drawing air out with the fan brings a pleasant, gentle breeze in through the windows or other vents I may have opened.

19' ETI Escape trailer
Rexlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #21

I put the smoke covers on mine. Their is sufficient light, and they look black and match the air conditioners from the street.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post
I've used these on past RVs and they appear to work well in being able to keep vent open during rain and also when using an RV cover. However the install has been a nearly flat roofs with only a slight convex / curved shape.

Thoughts on these vents on an Outdoor RV with the curved/convex roof?

I'm purchasing a used 2016 TR 280RKS and it is stock/original with no vent covers. While inspecting the roof I notice it was very curved/convex...much more so than the older TT/Fivers/MH I have owned.

Any difference in installation due to curve??

Any better models of vent covers for curved roofs?

Do you not use them...if so why?

Do you use something different?

Thanks!

Max air 2 a must

Tags
air, cover, vent