Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #15

Yes out of body experience

I understand your frustration, mine started having an out of body experience in at -10 below zero while in Alaskan Interior prepping to travel south. The saving grace for me is that the folks at Outdoors mfg have been A+ and very receptive to helping. This ain't perfect world and I vote with my dollar based on attitude and competence. I've been an outdoor person for over 50 years and in the end all equipment will fail. LOL cajoling and cussing is sometimes the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Mine decided to have a random open/close fan on/fan off out of body experience last year while elk hunting in Montana. My wife informed me that this was not a good thing as it was about 20 degrees outside. No amount of cajoling and cussing would get it to stop. Since the fuse for it and the refer are on the same circuit I ended up snipping the wire so we could sleep in warmth and peace. Circuit board was replaced under warranty and I really haven't had a chance to use it much because of Covid. Seems to work in the driveway.
jonfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2021, 07:57 PM   #16

Fan stuck on, too much humidity

Our fan was stuck running so I took it apart and disconnected power. This can be done totally from inside camper but try reducing humidity first. The problem was caused by too much humidity, partly caused by insulator in fan area.

Once humidity was lowered and insulator removed the fan has worked normally.

If problem occurs, I recommend removing insulator and venting camper. Allow fan to run to help remove moisture. If fan stays on after this for 30 minutes then I might disconnect power to fan assembly. Hopefully it does not take this long. There are two connector in fan area. One is for power to assembly and the the other is to either raise vent (likely, I do not remember) or power fan.

For prevention, use a humidity gauge to monitor moisture in camper, keep humidity reasonable and don't use foam insulation in fan area when humidity is high.
GDavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #17

I had my vent cover in place for January, February and half of March. When I took it out, the maxxfan lost its mind: opening, closing, on, off ect. I figured at the time it was a moisture issue, and wondered if I should get some new parts under warranty. After about an hour it went back to normal and I forgot about it. I wonder now if I should claim some warranty for parts I may need in the future, while its still covered.
BoomtownDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomtownDave View Post
I had my vent cover in place for January, February and half of March. When I took it out, the maxxfan lost its mind: opening, closing, on, off ect. I figured at the time it was a moisture issue, and wondered if I should get some new parts under warranty. After about an hour it went back to normal and I forgot about it. I wonder now if I should claim some warranty for parts I may need in the future, while its still covered.
I would.

Tags
fan, light