Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
New 21KVS floor plan

The new 21KVS was at the rally. Has anyone else seen this one? has a nice rear kitchen with a view. very nice in a smaller length. This is a new floorplan in the industry with except the Airstream Base Camp TT. This is not the last of new things from ORV. ORV and Northwood are the last of the independents. Everyone else is owned by one of the giants.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #2

I haven't seen one although I'm not a fan of the large rear windows. Our last trailer had a rear window but found its not very often we get a site that has a nice view to the rear. For that reason we prefer dinettes on the curb or camp site side. Although I do like how much light they let in.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
I haven't seen one although I'm not a fan of the large rear windows. Our last trailer had a rear window but found its not very often we get a site that has a nice view to the rear. For that reason we prefer dinettes on the curb or camp site side. Although I do like how much light they let in.
That's interesting to hear. Most of our campsites have great views out of the rear window and so a rear window is one of our "must haves." It's fascinating to read how different camping is in different areas....
Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Very interesting ... almost every camp spot primitive or improved has great views out the rear and/or patio side! This is something I've taken note of over several decades of RV'ing and key reason we picked the 20FQ with all that rear and patio view ...

I wouldn't even consider views out, what I call the crapper side of life, into the neighbors patio space. Guess I'm just not that interested in what they might be doing over there... I've yet to see a campground or RV park laid out otherwise, west of the Mississippi (haven't RV'd east of it).

If ... big if ... as there's only a few TT's in recent years ... and totally agree with dinette on the patio side with couch/loungers on the crapper side. We've had several like this and are quite ok with patio facing floor plans. Motorhomes have big view out the front and it's great for the very vary rare spot with a front view. I don't consider seeing other people/RVs a great view so we usually left the front window covered while camped in non-primitive spots.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well that is why I like the rear dinette like in the 20FQ and our 25RDS. Sometimes we have a great rear view and then we can also look out either side - or close the blinds on the bad side. The slide has the sofa and we can either open or close the main blind however we usually leave the end blinds open.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #6
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The new 21KVS was at the rally. Has anyone else seen this one? has a nice rear kitchen with a view. very nice in a smaller length. This is a new floorplan in the industry with except the Airstream Base Camp TT. This is not the last of new things from ORV. ORV and Northwood are the last of the independents. Everyone else is owned by one of the giants.
We really liked that one. If it had been available last year when we purchased, it’s possible we would have ended up with that. It’s very spacious for that floor length, which often feels claustrophobic.
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That sure was a great kitchen with the view!
Onetigger725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I thought it was a very creative layout, with a nice open feel for the size of the trailer. Perfect for a couple who like boondocking and small forest campgrounds. My only question is how cold will it be with all the windows? We do a fair amount of cold weather camping but for others that may not be an issue.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I like it!! And hope that ORV will take that idea and build a somewhat larger version!! Just don't put the frig in a slide out!! If something like this had been available in a 24ft body and aboot 28ft oal, I would have jumped on it!! Much more maneuverable in the woods where we spend most of our time.

As to the large windows and cold, in the pics at ORV, it looks like the window coverings (shades??) may be insulated. Just a guess, they are different and could be double wall construction. If not, do it ORV!!!
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
All the windows are thermal pain. Just as you see the same bathroom in different floorplans you can expect to see that kitchen in a few others, possibly. Note that there is a lack of cabinet space with those big windows. BTW,, the floor plan was designed in house by Kevin Pfeifer, the factory tour guy.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think this is a very unique floorplan that is a diamond in the rough. I like the location of the TV - it can be seen from both sides of the dinette and hopefully it can be swung around to view from the bed. I also like the overall openness of the plan. There is a bottleneck with the entrance to the galley - but you can get around 90% of the trailer and not bother the cook.

I don't like where the microwave is - I think it would be better mounted lower splitting the pantry into an upper and lower section. We use OHCs for our dishes and that is what I feel is missing in this design. Perhaps the street side window could be shrunk and some OHCs could be added.

I don't think it needs to be any longer.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I spent some time it this floorplan at the rally. There is something about it that make you want it. Yes, the TV will move for viewing in bed. The length it is, it is a very comfortable tow with a 1/2 ton.

Tags
floor