RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #1

New 24KRS

We saw our new Backcountry 24KRS this morning. By Monday morning the dealer should have it ready to pick up. The dealer has to inspect, clean, and prep it, and will install my lithium ion battery under the bed.

There are two drawers under the bed, but they do not extend all of the way to the center of the bed. That leaves a perfect little space for my battery.

I had been planning to put a tool box on the regular battery platform. That is a really tight space, though. I am sure glad I will not be removing batteries for storage any more!

We will get it out to the boonies later next week. I expect we will be tweaking things for quite a while.
JHinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2020, 07:19 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations! Wishing you many years of memorable adventures with your new ORV!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #3

Do a very thorough PDI. Make sure EVERYTHING works before you leave the dealership. Don't forget water pump, water heater, a/c, furnace, open & close windows and whatever runs off the battery they are installing.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our new 24KRS is due in a week or so. We look forward to hearing what you will need to tweak. I wonder how loud the on board generator will sound once you are in the great outdoors. .....this is our 3rd ORV. We are like the 3 bears, one was too small, one was to large and now we hope this is just right fit.

Enjoy your new ORV.
TeamWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:06 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats!

As everyone has said make sure you do a good PDI and check all systems.

Also Check all the wiring to make sure the terminals are screwed down good, and check the gutters up top.

I know on a couple of TT's mine included the gutters are pieced together and where they did that water leaks down on to the windows instead of out the down spout.

My stove wasnt screwed in and bounced almost all the way out but didnt hit the floor because of the gas line, and recently my microwave broke loose cause they did a poor job of screwing it into the mounts..

Dont get me wrong, I think ORV is a great product.. All in all I am fairly happy with it compared to the other garbage I saw prior to purchase.
camper8251 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper8251 View Post
Congrats!

As everyone has said make sure you do a good PDI and check all systems.

Also Check all the wiring to make sure the terminals are screwed down good, and check the gutters up top.

I know on a couple of TT's mine included the gutters are pieced together and where they did that water leaks down on to the windows instead of out the down spout.

My stove wasnt screwed in and bounced almost all the way out but didnt hit the floor because of the gas line, and recently my microwave broke loose cause they did a poor job of screwing it into the mounts..

Dont get me wrong, I think ORV is a great product.. All in all I am fairly happy with it compared to the other garbage I saw prior to purchase.
I wonder if the stove or micro fell out in that garbage you saw? I owned one of those garbage trailers and didn't have near the trouble I've had with my ORV.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:26 PM   #7

We picked up the new trailer today. After 10 years in the old one everything had its place. Today was spent trying to find new homes for the old stuff. 😊

A few very pleasant discoveries - the bed seems much better than the old one, and the MorRyde tray in the storage bin is really handy.

We will do a shake-down trip this week. Really looking forward to it.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We are picking our new trailer up tomorrow... and expect to do a driveway sleep over for a night or two before heading out.

Good luck with your new ORV! Happy trails.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:09 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats,,, use it and enjoy it. A good day is when everything works and you have a list of mods you want to make on it.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Congrats,,, use it and enjoy it. A good day is when everything works and you have a list of mods you want to make on it.
The list of mods goes on and on!

New faucet in bathroom, toolbox for tongue, change out the solar charger, new shower head. Rear observation camera, TPMS, and maybe built-in electrical protection. Lots of cabinet modifications, and a place to put keys.

I would like to find a way to fine-tune the level of the stove top. I have some ideas, but need to start fabricating and trying them out.

I saw a YouTube video of changing the refrigerator door from black wood to a white dry-erase board. I might try that too.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:36 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We got our ORV home and everything works like it should. The only mod I made was to add little round felt stick on tabs on the handles of the shades to keep them them making that knocking noise when ever they move. It did notice they don't seem to return total under the valance but that has nothing to do with my mod.

Next need to winterize the outside pressure sprayer. Did the rest of the trailer but that one seems to be separate issue.

We really like the solidness of this trailer.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #12

I recently ordered a BC 24KRS to be picked up in 2021. Just starting to look at this forum. Worried about it being too long, too short, etc. Appreciate all the information here.
psy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy1 View Post
I recently ordered a BC 24KRS to be picked up in 2021. Just starting to look at this forum. Worried about it being too long, too short, etc. Appreciate all the information here.
There are pros and cons with every trailer. It depends on what you like.

It is comfy, but I am not sure it is as well insulated as my old Arctic Fox. The bedroom is nice, and the bed is comfy. The storage is very handy. The windows are quite dark, especially for the winter.

I love the big tanks!

Did you order it with the generator? Ours does not have the generator. We thought it would be convenient to have, but did not like the idea of starting a generator right under the bed while my wife was still asleep. The generator space is really handy storage.

Lots of new things to get used to!
Old 10-25-2020, 11:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHinman View Post
There are pros and cons with every trailer. It depends on what you like.

It is comfy, but I am not sure it is as well insulated as my old Arctic Fox. The bedroom is nice, and the bed is comfy. The storage is very handy. The windows are quite dark, especially for the winter.

I love the big tanks!

Did you order it with the generator? Ours does not have the generator. We thought it would be convenient to have, but did not like the idea of starting a generator right under the bed while my wife was still asleep. The generator space is really handy storage.

Lots of new things to get used to!
No, we did not get the generator. Don't like the noise. Instead, we are getting a solar/lithium battery installation from AM Solar. The gear will likely go under the bed which will eliminate that storage but that is a fair trade.
psy1 is online now   Reply With Quote