Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #1

New 25RDS

I sold my Arctic Fox 25r on Friday and brought home the new ORV Timber Ridge 25RDS today (Tuesday). Whew!

I bought the ORV somewhat impulsively. I wanted to go to the big dealer (Cordelia, CA) to have a look at the AF25Y, AF25W, Fox Mountain 265 RDS, just for kicks. HA! This 25rds has some serious curb appeal. Much like the AF but more refined.

I thought the Arctic Fox towed nicely but wow! The new ORV tows even better. It's very smooth. I had 10k Equal-I-zer bars on the fox and opted for 14k bars on the new one.

The fox was 8.5' wide whereas the ORV is 8'. The difference is noticeable in the rear view mirror and, call me crazy, but noticeably less wind resistance.

The AF was a great trailer that held up very well over the 25k miles I towed it and 200+ nights we slept in it. It was built like a tank and was in great condition when I sold it.

I hope the ORV treats me as well as did the AF. Time to get busy outfitting it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220621_120710.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	368955   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220616_202413.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	368957  

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2022, 08:07 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations, we really like our 25RDS. Perfect for the two of us and two rambunctious bird dogs. Here's wishing you many happy travels.
Teakmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teakmtn View Post
Congratulations, we really like our 25RDS. Perfect for the two of us and two rambunctious bird dogs. Here's wishing you many happy travels.
Thanks Teakmtn. Our rambunctious doodle puppy, 13y/o cocker, and 5y/o chihuahua will certainly have more space to, do what dogs do when cooped up in the rv.

Done any interesting mods to your RDS?
Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:03 PM   #4

Nice trailer.....congrats

Just a word of caution:
Check the supports for water heater.
Ran a couple of threads were ORVs didn't mount WH Tanks correctly and they pulled away from trim/exterior wall
**Tanks weren't sitting on floor or supported so when full of water the weight caused tanks to sag

Hope you have good build and many days of enjoyment
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:12 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Many congratulations!!! We purchased a Titanium 25RDS back in Jan-2020 right before the pandemic hit and we LOVE it!!! Only had 2 warranty issues - gas shock on the awning needed to be replaced and the gasket on the shower door needed replacing. Overall quality is execellent and the insulation is awesome: toasty warm when it was -14-F and cool when 115-F outside.

Been on lots of road trips and it does tow like a dream (3500 HD High Country Chevy for the horse).

Do remember to grease the suspension fittings once/year - there are 7 per side. IF your grease fittings face the tires, you can see them from the tire side, I find it best to jack up the unit to get to some of the fiitings as this 'relaxes' the suspension and you get connect more easily to the zerk fittings. Eventually, I will reverse the suspension so that the grease fittings face the inside of the RV and I can use a creeper to access them. I use Lucas Red-'N'-Tacky grease.

Happy RVing!

Cheers, Michael
Luminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:35 AM   #6

Congrats; we love our 25RDS. Aside from adding additional solar and batteries, I reinforced the fridge door bracket using the Norcold kit, added a heat sheild and wind protector to the burner and also added a bracket to the HWT....all preventative, we've had zero issues.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post
Congrats; we love our 25RDS. Aside from adding additional solar and batteries, I reinforced the fridge door bracket using the Norcold kit, added a heat sheild and wind protector to the burner and also added a bracket to the HWT....all preventative, we've had zero issues.
What fridge door brackets kit are you talking about? Is this something I should do on a 2022 24RKS? I guess I should ck the hot water tank while I'm at it. Thanks

John
Jeepster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:11 AM   #8

If it has the Norcold N8X fridge they don't make a hinge kit for it yet. (at least that was what I was told) Mine broke this spring right before we left for a long weekend. I was able to fix it for the trip, but was very cautious the entire trip. I have since bought a new door. I am in the process of making my own hinge stabilizer to prevent it from happening again.
2Curtass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:02 AM   #9

Correct Norcold doesn't make a hinge kit for the N8X but you can modify the earlier one to work and it is fairly simple and works great. Do you need to do it? .....maybe not, it's preventative.

Use this and cut off the little tab that folds over: https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-re...compatibility/

Dave
Old 08-17-2022, 11:08 AM   #10

Congratulations Diamond Joe! We also received ours through Cordelia. Was pretty painless. Only a couple of corrective issues on the list so far. I am sure you will be loving it for a long while.
Good Luck
Bill
Ol Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:24 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
25 RDS Grab rail

Joe, Sorry I haven't responded to your request of my mods for my 25 RDS. I do need to sit down and write down a list. When I do, I'll share.
However, one mod that I did which I consider a must for other 25 RDS is to change out the forward/bedroom door grab handle for the foldable handle that is on the rear door. My front door flew open while on the highway and was destroyed. The RDS is unique as the front doors open right to left (suicide type) and if not latched well can open while underway.
Teakmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:59 AM   #12

Congratulations! Although we've got one trip in the books since we picked it up at the end of July, we're very happy with our 26KVS so far.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #13

NICE. We just picked up the same model at RVs NW last month. Already have 5200 miles on it. Only a couple of minor issues i was able to fix on the road.
BLK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:20 PM   #14

Congratulations!
Hubby and I ordered our 25RDS for spring 2023 delivery. Can’t wait!
I have a few outfitting questions if anyone has access to their trailers:
1) what size is the opening on the cargo bay? Want to purchase some storage totes for organization and since we’ll be hauling all our camping gear out to pick up the trailer we need to buy them before we get there.
2) what is the size of the shower floor pan? We’ll need a litter box that will fit —and of course through the shower door opening too.
3) what is the length and outside width dimension of the table legs? I need to find a cardboard tube that I can wrap in sisal and slip over the table leg as a cat scratch post.

Thanks for the help!
Doreen Gow is offline   Reply With Quote