Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
New stuff from ORV

I was wondering if anyone knows about any new plans out of ORV. Any changes to existing units. I am 1000 miles away from the factory and with no rally this year I have fallen off the edge of the earth. I have a 2014 so I am way behind the curve of the newer ones. I try to stop by the factory just to ask and see what's new. Just looking for a good reason to upgrade into a new one.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2020, 08:23 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, I don't know what they have coming but we are really thrilled with our second ORV, (and the first, obviously). We went for the Titanium this time and glad we did. Having lights controlled by wall switches, blackout shades with better, solid window trim, Maxx fans in all the vents, and many more pluses. We feel it was well worth the extra cost.

I can tell you that the newer trailers have so many things included as standard now that we used to upgrade ourselves such as the Progressive Dynamics converter/charger, the awning support bracket and the extra insulation in the pass through just to mention a few things they have improved from reading our posts about these things. So they remain very involved with the people who use these trailers and listen to what the customer wants.

As for quality, we have only been living in this one for about 3 months but it has only a few minor things we need to address with the warranty department. One kitchen drawer had the guides installed wrong, the kitchen faucet was loose. They never caulk the sink basins so I had to do that myself. Each of those things were 5 minute fixes. The Dimplex fireplace has a mind of it's own so it will likely need a new board and the range has a burner with the wrong jet installed. Both those are supplier issues not ORV issues but all these things should have been caught by Thompson but they were missed and honestly I missed them also. It was just a day or so before the stay at home orders were state wide and the factory had already shut down. All in all a pretty normal punch list for a rig this size and complexity. It is a way shorter list than my neighbor who spent much more money so I am pretty pleased.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
Well, I don't know what they have coming but we are really thrilled with our second ORV, (and the first, obviously). We went for the Titanium this time and glad we did. Having lights controlled by wall switches, blackout shades with better, solid window trim, Maxx fans in all the vents, and many more pluses. We feel it was well worth the extra cost.

I can tell you that the newer trailers have so many things included as standard now that we used to upgrade ourselves such as the Progressive Dynamics converter/charger, the awning support bracket and the extra insulation in the pass through just to mention a few things they have improved from reading our posts about these things. So they remain very involved with the people who use these trailers and listen to what the customer wants.

As for quality, we have only been living in this one for about 3 months but it has only a few minor things we need to address with the warranty department. One kitchen drawer had the guides installed wrong, the kitchen faucet was loose. They never caulk the sink basins so I had to do that myself. Each of those things were 5 minute fixes. The Dimplex fireplace has a mind of it's own so it will likely need a new board and the range has a burner with the wrong jet installed. Both those are supplier issues not ORV issues but all these things should have been caught by Thompson but they were missed and honestly I missed them also. It was just a day or so before the stay at home orders were state wide and the factory had already shut down. All in all a pretty normal punch list for a rig this size and complexity. It is a way shorter list than my neighbor who spent much more money so I am pretty pleased.
Our kitchen faucet has been loose since we bought the trailer. The space between the underside of the basin and the wall is so narrow that I have yet to find a wrench (including sink basin wrences) that will fit up there to tighten it.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What I was looking for is some of the new stuff, not the existing stuff that has failed.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
What I was looking for is some of the new stuff, not the existing stuff that has failed.
I’d love to know the same. I’m champing at the bit to get an ORV, but my wife doesn’t like the interiors. If the 2021 models include some more contemporary interiors (white or gray cabinets?) and/or a toy hauler with a slide I would be parted from my cash very quickly.
Rye_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
So, you're stimulated to spend the stimulus check? Me too. There isn't anything better than that "new trailer smell."
Old 06-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #7

Interestingly enough, my bride and I frequently look at the new ORV's and read up on them, but really only in a lustful-type-a-way. The reality is we've done so much work to our 2015 20fq, I'd feel like I'm throwing all the $$$$ and hard work out the window for a new unit. We've put Dual Pane windows, way upgraded solar, 4-6v batteries, hefty ladder, MorRyde suspension, shelves and drawers everywhere, extra reading lights, larger table, Taco-Marine aluminum table leg, back up lights, out door gas hook up. Most all of these are now standard on new rigs. We just follow and add stuff.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:48 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I plan on keeping my '14 250RDSW untill I scale back far enough to tow with a 1/2 ton or go to a motorhome. I do find the new stuff interesting. A famous person on this forum once said " A trailer is a trailer is a trailer".
Old 06-23-2020, 05:37 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We too have an older trailer that's been extensively fixed up and modified. And it still works well enough although looking a little worse for wear.

It's been a learning experience for sure, and I'm just not sure I have energy, need or desire (or money) to start over. We're hoping this one lasts until we retire from RVing.

But I still like looking at the new ones. So far the differences I've seen have been mostly cosmetic and many could be retrofitted.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well then we could do a rumor mill thread. I hear they are going to offer full body paint. LOL.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That’s funny I heard they where going with custom airbrushing..pick 1 of 12 graphic packages.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
We too have an older trailer that's been extensively fixed up and modified. And it still works well enough although looking a little worse for wear.

It's been a learning experience for sure, and I'm just not sure I have energy, need or desire (or money) to start over. We're hoping this one lasts until we retire from RVing.

But I still like looking at the new ones. So far the differences I've seen have been mostly cosmetic and many could be retrofitted.
Yeah, that's the way we look at it from an energy, desire and money. We'd be just tossing it with out getting the "worth" out the effort and cost.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
2021 24RLS Mountain Series- We ordered a 2020 in Jan, delayed, and now picking it up on July 7, Apache Camping/Everett. ORV/Apache camping honored 2020 price, but the unit is a 2021. We did our own inspection last friday. Updates we noticed: no twolight over dining table, 3 maxxair deluxe fans/remote, No chrome diamond plate on front-full line-x coverage, full queen bed(not short), metal rack in farmhouse sink. Played with what we could since only hooked up to one battery, found a bolt missing from outside steps. New Weight: UVW 6911, Hitch 811, but same GVWR 9995. We will do the complete thorough system check when we pick up. Hope this helps.
Bondi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Also on the 2021 Mountain Timberridge they have the metal tire stems.
Bondi19 is offline   Reply With Quote