Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2022, 10:01 PM   #1

New Titanium 24rks

Picked up our new Titanium from Thompson RV last week. Downsized from a 5th wheel. All went very well with the PDI great dealership, couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. I can now see why people make the drive to Thompson's RV.
The only issued I've had was the Refer Red light flashed on us twice while traveling back home. I just powered it off and back on again and the Red light stopped flashing and the Green power light came on. Going to be keeping an eye on this. I know some have had issues and NorCold sent a new circuit board. Our maiden voyage will be to Scottsdale in a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TheEagleHasLanded1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	358949  
bsmall2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2022, 05:52 AM   #2

Congrats in new RV

We have a 2020 28rks, purchased from Thompson's. They remedied that refrigerator problem with ours. When it next happens count the flash sequence. Ours would flash five times, stop, then repeat. We had already had the board replaced which didn't fix it, but Thompson's put a new propane system part in and we've been golden. The key is counting the flashes, but I'd bet it's the same thing.
CosmikDebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmikDebris View Post
We have a 2020 28rks, purchased from Thompson's. They remedied that refrigerator problem with ours. When it next happens count the flash sequence. Ours would flash five times, stop, then repeat. We had already had the board replaced which didn't fix it, but Thompson's put a new propane system part in and we've been golden. The key is counting the flashes, but I'd bet it's the same thing.
Thanks for that information on the Red light flashing. My wife has a video of it and it was flashing 5 times and then repeat. Could you see what part Thompsons changed out for you, if you know what it was? We're a day in a half to go back so if its.
Thanks so very much, I'm thinking I should get this done before leaving for Scottsdale in a few weeks.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:51 AM   #4

We have a 2022 Backcountry KRS with the same issue. Since ours only turns off while driving, I suspect that the location of the fridge in the rear might be the issue due to air turbulence in the rear of the trailer. I can see where a different propane component might allow for a stronger flame to prevent that. Mine is at the shop and that is one of the issues they’re looking at so I’m also curious as to the propane fix. I’m installing a 12v dc to dc charger that I’ll probably take advantage to run the fridge off the Victron inverter.
MarCatRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:12 AM   #5

I too have this issue. It is rare but it does happen. Please post the fix because I would think many of us with rear kitchens have had this issue.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:03 AM   #6

Nice garage!
Old 03-12-2022, 10:28 AM   #7

Fridge blowing out

Mine did the same thing on some travel days. Attributed it to wind blowing flame out. We just added more solar , victron dc-dc 30 amp charger and multi inverter so our fix will be to run fridge on ac when travelling or all the time likely.
Never shut down when stationary.
Telemarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #8

Congrats! I have a 250RKS on order and they say I will see it around fall.

Now to more important issues: That garage is AWESOME! I'd just forego the RV and hang out in the garage all the time!
STDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:54 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wondering

We never have had an issue like this with this rig or the 2014 23rks. Both rear kitchens, both norcolds’. Discount solar advised me not to run off the inverter Something screws with the board for the fridge
Over here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:15 PM   #10

Pure Sine Wave

Inverter should be Pure Sine Wave to be 100 percent sure no issues. Modified SW inverters can cause some issues with computer boards. I think my Victron Multi should be fine. Many Rv'ers are installing inverters with the biggest plus being running Fridge on AC while travelling and a DC-DC charger and solar keeping the battery topped up. Actually now that Im set up if the fridge ever dies I will likely pull it and install a straight AC compressor fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over here View Post
We never have had an issue like this with this rig or the 2014 23rks. Both rear kitchens, both norcolds’. Discount solar advised me not to run off the inverter Something screws with the board for the fridge
Telemarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 03:17 PM   #11

Five flashes

What the manual says.
"If your Norcold refrigerator power ON/indicator light is red, flashes on five times, is off five seconds, then repeats, it means a flame was sensed at the burner when there should be none present. The possible cause for this error is the gas valve is “mechanically” stuck open. To clear this error, try replacing gas train assembly."

The folks at Thompson's asked me what error code we saw, looked this up and said we have some in stock so put one in. No idea what the gas train assembly looks like, but would think gogle would help, or a call to TRV.
CosmikDebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmikDebris View Post
What the manual says.
"If your Norcold refrigerator power ON/indicator light is red, flashes on five times, is off five seconds, then repeats, it means a flame was sensed at the burner when there should be none present. The possible cause for this error is the gas valve is “mechanically” stuck open. To clear this error, try replacing gas train assembly."

The folks at Thompson's asked me what error code we saw, looked this up and said we have some in stock so put one in. No idea what the gas train assembly looks like, but would think gogle would help, or a call to TRV.
Thanks so for very much for taking the time and checking out what was replaced.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STDevil View Post
Congrats! I have a 250RKS on order and they say I will see it around fall.

Now to more important issues: That garage is AWESOME! I'd just forego the RV and hang out in the garage all the time!
I do spend a lot of time in the Shop/Garage. It was the biggest selling points when we bought the place. (1800 Sq.ft.)
Old 05-26-2022, 09:53 AM   #14

Update on some warranty work completed

Had the Titanium back to ThompsonsRV last week for some warranty work.
For the Refrigerator they installed a baffle to the Fuel Train Assembly and that has worked out perfect. No red lights all the way home.

The slide quit working on us (stuck in the open position) and they installed 4 brackets to support the slide. This was what ORV recommends and what they're doing at the factory now on specific models. So far no more issues with the slide.

Microwave was replaced it also just quit working.

I cant say enough about ThompsonRV service and customer care