Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHinman View Post
$55k seems like a lot. We paid a little under $41k for one last October. We got $37,500 for it in trade last week.

Ours did not have the generator. I do not know why that option is worth.

If you get this trailer make sure the slide will close completely and stay closed when you travel.
Where did you buy from? Thompson quoted me 53 for a 22 and 55ish for a 23! Not sure if that includes a generator I will ask. Is the slider issue a common problem?
NickInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2021, 07:11 PM   #16

The generator is supposed to be a standard item, and generator delete is an option. One dealer told me that most of the Backcountry trailers are ordered without the generator. I do not know what the generator/generator delete option costs.

I do not know if the slide issue is a common problem or not. The slide on the 24KRS is a Schwintek mechanism. Three trips to the dealer to get it fixed, and it was still an issue when I traded it. My dealer was still waiting for a response from ORV when it was time for me to deliver my 24KRS to the Arctic Fox dealer.

I may have gotten a lemon - that happens. Maybe every other 24KRS is just fine.
JHinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:32 AM   #17

well, we found someone that backed out of a 23dbs titanium order, should pick it up at the end of October!
Old 09-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInCO View Post
well, we found someone that backed out of a 23dbs titanium order, should pick it up at the end of October!
Congrats on making the deal! I think you'll be quite happy with the 23DBS layout. We love ours - quite versatile for the variety of ways we use it. Good luck on a timely on-schedule delivery!
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:45 PM   #19

Quote:
What did you get for a price if you donít mind me asking. Iíve got a 23 dbs mountain series on order. Out the door price was just under 50k with slide topper and solar and couple other options. It was 10% off msrp. That was the best I could during this shortage.

Course now Iím being hit with a $2800 increase apparently from the factory. Waiting to hear back as to what the dealer is willing to do but I do feel like Iím paying a premium price.
tad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad12 View Post
What did you get for a price if you donít mind me asking. Iíve got a 23 dbs mountain series on order. Out the door price was just under 50k with slide topper and solar and couple other options. It was 10% off msrp. That was the best I could during this shortage.

Course now Iím being hit with a $2800 increase apparently from the factory. Waiting to hear back as to what the dealer is willing to do but I do feel like Iím paying a premium price.
A little under 53k plus tax for the titanium plus heated water tank pad, 16Ē wheel Offroad package, and 2 solar panels
NickInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:41 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
2 cents

a couple thoughts. we are only 2 - wife and I, so space not too much a priority.
kayaks fit on truck, we don't have other gear to worry about.
generator is in back of truck; specifically didn't want an on-board generator.
so, our situation is different, but i thought of a couple things, especially since we are also boondockers -

here's my thoughts:
consider going for that 100 gal fresh water! we have 80 and it's good for us, but for short trips. when you boondock with a family, it's nice to have plenty of water.
consider upping your game a bit on weather worthiness. as long as you're making the jump, think about 4 season design - i don't think you will regret it.
think about solar - we use solar exclusively spring through fall. only when we get into Alaska dark winter (coming up shortly) do we upload the generator. In sub-zero weather we also need to run it for the truck core heater and heat lamps, and a couple of other things.
troutmandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:12 PM   #22

Quote:
A little under 53k plus tax for the titanium plus heated water tank pad, 16Ē wheel Offroad package, and 2 solar panels
Wow thatís a way better deal. Can I ask the name of the dealer so I can contact them as a possible option? Thanks
tad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad12 View Post
Wow thatís a way better deal. Can I ask the name of the dealer so I can contact them as a possible option? Thanks
Sent you a PM.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:39 PM   #24

Greetings Nick, from the Western Slope! If you pass through Ouray, drop a line!

Congrats on your upcoming order! That is awesome....and I hope the floor plan satisfies your family's needs! We have a 22FQS Titanium on order with Holiday RV in Poncha Springs, CO, by Salida. I have some youtube buddies, Irene Iron Travels, that got the same floorplan last week. As of Monday, our rig was constructed, the few missing parts had arrived, and it is in the que to get completed.

Our rig will be used almost exclusively for boondocking also. I get many 1-2 week chunks of time off from work. But, I usually don't know that I will definitely be off until a week or two before. As you know, getting a reservation in CO the week before is practically non existent now. So, we'll focus on boondocking in CO and the immediate surrounding states. When I quit working in about 5 years, we'll push out to 1-2 month trips to focus on specific regions in the country.

I will be installing a fairly robust solar set up in the trailer. So, by the time the trailer arrives and we get time to go pick it up, combined with solar install time, I'm sure all of our local national forest roads will be closed. So, our initial trips will probably be out towards UT or down to NM.

I will also be carrying some sort of generator (our floorplan is not one that includes a generator from the factory). I'm all over the map with regards to what kind of generator to carry. The trailer will have a 15k btu a/c (I'll install a soft start, as well). I'd really really like to not lug around a 100lb generator. So, we may start with 1 2200-2500w portable one; and could always add a second if it ends up being that the altitude is too much. So, at this point, I see my choices as a Honda 2200w ($$$); which would be big bucks if I had to get a second one. An off brand 2200-2500w generator; and could add a second one that, combined, would be the price of a Honda. Or, I can quit beating around the bush and go straight for a 3000w+ one that will run the a/c at altitude, for sure.

Safe travels and good luck picking up your rig!! I hope you don't have to drive too far. I just had a former army mate that lives in Tampa FL and drove to CA to pick up an Outdoors RV rig. There were 2 available in the country. And, the next build time for his floorplan was July 2022; which he would have missed all of his next year's plans.

Have a good one....and congrats!!

2021 F350 XLT Crew cab, Long Box. 7.3l engine with 4.30 gears
campingalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingalan View Post
Greetings Nick, from the Western Slope! If you pass through Ouray, drop a line!

Congrats on your upcoming order! That is awesome....and I hope the floor plan satisfies your family's needs! We have a 22FQS Titanium on order with Holiday RV in Poncha Springs, CO, by Salida. I have some youtube buddies, Irene Iron Travels, that got the same floorplan last week. As of Monday, our rig was constructed, the few missing parts had arrived, and it is in the que to get completed.

Our rig will be used almost exclusively for boondocking also. I get many 1-2 week chunks of time off from work. But, I usually don't know that I will definitely be off until a week or two before. As you know, getting a reservation in CO the week before is practically non existent now. So, we'll focus on boondocking in CO and the immediate surrounding states. When I quit working in about 5 years, we'll push out to 1-2 month trips to focus on specific regions in the country.

I will be installing a fairly robust solar set up in the trailer. So, by the time the trailer arrives and we get time to go pick it up, combined with solar install time, I'm sure all of our local national forest roads will be closed. So, our initial trips will probably be out towards UT or down to NM.

I will also be carrying some sort of generator (our floorplan is not one that includes a generator from the factory). I'm all over the map with regards to what kind of generator to carry. The trailer will have a 15k btu a/c (I'll install a soft start, as well). I'd really really like to not lug around a 100lb generator. So, we may start with 1 2200-2500w portable one; and could always add a second if it ends up being that the altitude is too much. So, at this point, I see my choices as a Honda 2200w ($$$); which would be big bucks if I had to get a second one. An off brand 2200-2500w generator; and could add a second one that, combined, would be the price of a Honda. Or, I can quit beating around the bush and go straight for a 3000w+ one that will run the a/c at altitude, for sure.

Safe travels and good luck picking up your rig!! I hope you don't have to drive too far. I just had a former army mate that lives in Tampa FL and drove to CA to pick up an Outdoors RV rig. There were 2 available in the country. And, the next build time for his floorplan was July 2022; which he would have missed all of his next year's plans.

Have a good one....and congrats!!

Thank you! Kind of bummed, found out today after contacting ORV my trailer's ETA to the dealer is mid-December. The dealership has been telling me end of October, first week of November. Hopefully ORV is underpromising/over delivering. My wife is currently on paternity leave until mid November so it would make it really easy to drive to Oregon to pick the trailer up. If it truly isn't ready until mid December I might end up having to have it transported here. She won't have vacation time to take off and my time off window will be small enough I'm worried about encountering bad weather. So far I'm not super impressed with the dealer's communication skills. In addition to the discrepancy in delivery ETA every question I've asked either takes 3-4 days to answer or goes unanswered. I guess they hold the cards though... disappointing.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #26

That is a bummer.

I suspect your most direct route would take you through the Blue Mountains on I-84. In December you donít know what you will find - the drive could be beautiful or a slick and snowy nightmare.

I-80 in Wyoming can be pretty miserable too.

Fortunately those are heavily travelled commercial routes, so the highway departments work hard to keep them open and the trucks moving.
JHinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #27

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just got the word today that my ORV 22FQS Titanium is ready to ship. I ordered it in March and was told 1st week of August. So over 2 months later it is ready. I do not blame anyone, parts shortage is a nightmare and ORV is doing the best they can. It's a crazy world we are living.
dkkarl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:46 PM   #28

"How long with the onboard generator in the backcountry series run the AC on 80lb of propane?"

Well, for us 80 lbs would probably last 6 months! With the solar panels on our 21RWS we only fire up the genny for the odd microwave dish. In 18 months of fairly frequent use our genny has 8.5 hrs of use on it!

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer, travel trailers