RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #1

New Truck, Trailer Camera

I recently placed an order for a Glacier Peak F26RKS, Titanium Series... This past week I put a deposit down on a new Ram 3500. I optioned for the towing technology group... 360 degree camera views. The Titanium Series provides a camera with a wireless display. Since my new trailer build isn't scheduled until mid August... I called Outdoor RV to see if I could get a hard wire to the rear camera so that I could integrate it directly into the trucks display. The new truck has a direct hookup at the rear bumper for trailer cameras. Shannon Roberts at Outdoors RV, said no they couldn't hard wire the camera , but that I should get on the forums and ask if anyone knows how to tie the camera feed into the new trucks camera display .. I would like to eliminate the portable tablet that comes with the trailer .. to me it's outdated.

thanks, Blues
blues_sunris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #2

RV Cams: Backup Camera Systems (All)

Ii have found them very helpful on all camera related matters
Old 07-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a similar issue. Ordered a Back Country 24KRS and got a 2020 F350 with the trailer pro package earlier this year. Have looked around for guidance on how to run the camera cable from the bumper to the back and got some ideas from Nichols Mfg. on YouTube:

Just getting ideas until I get it and see what I have to work with. BTW, where did you get your production date? ORV or dealer. All I got was August from the dealer.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:11 AM   #4

The Dealer contacted ORV and told me I have a mid August build date..
I recently received this email from ORV

"Thank you for contacting Outdoors RV. We set up our RV's for the wiring for the back up camera. Many people who have purchased new trucks with the dashboard display have contacted their manufacturer and/ or the camera manufacturer for directions on how to connect to the new display."

This is a confusing email ... The rear camera is already wired and can be connected to the trucks display ? I have no idea...I don't currently own a trailer, was lead to believe that the rear camera was a blue tooth camera that was powered by the trailer lights and connects to a small monitor.

I went to the Ram dealer yesterday and inquired about a rear trailer camera ... wiring harness and camera $735
Old 07-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club

I agree, can't make heads or tails from that email.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:40 AM   #6

I talked to the dealer yesterday and found out that the Furrion Camera system sold with the Titanium Series occasionally has a difficult time connecting to the in cab display .. so I called Furrion tech support and asked two questions
1. can the camera be connected directly to the trucks display ? NO
2. does the current Furrion Camera have connection problems with the provided Furrion monitor ? YES... newer trucks 2018 and on have a power supply issue with the rear camera .. Furrion has a $69 solution ... Camera System 7-Way Adapter Cable with Power Switch ... which is on backorder

Great you have a $450 option that now requires a $69 adapter cable
Old 07-10-2020, 04:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues_sunris View Post
I talked to the dealer yesterday and found out that the Furrion Camera system sold with the Titanium Series occasionally has a difficult time connecting to the in cab display .. so I called Furrion tech support and asked two questions
1. can the camera be connected directly to the trucks display ? NO
2. does the current Furrion Camera have connection problems with the provided Furrion monitor ? YES... newer trucks 2018 and on have a power supply issue with the rear camera .. Furrion has a $69 solution ... Camera System 7-Way Adapter Cable with Power Switch ... which is on backorder

Great you have a $450 option that now requires a $69 adapter cable
Our Furrion wireless camera on the back of our 280KVS has never had an issue connecting with our cab-mounted 7" display unit.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #8

That's great ... I'm just repeating what I've been told by the dealer and the tech rep at Furrion ... The tech rep said that trucks from 2018 on had the issue... what kind of truck are you towing your trailer with ? Furrion has added an adapter to address the issue.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues_sunris View Post
That's great ... I'm just repeating what I've been told by the dealer and the tech rep at Furrion ... The tech rep said that trucks from 2018 on had the issue... what kind of truck are you towing your trailer with ? Furrion has added an adapter to address the issue.
We tow our 280KVS with a 2020 RAM 2500.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
‘18 Ford F-250 and ‘19 250RDS, installed the Ford TPMS and rear camera hardwired system. Ran wiring down RH side of frame (piggy back on propane pipe clamp points) and mounted TPMS receiver on aft side of forward steps. Continued down the RH frame to just aft of rear stairs, used fishtape to pull wire on top of coroplast to LH side frame and entered up through an access panel just aft of the slide to the underside of the LH bench of the dinette. Ran under bench to rear wall and up and inside the rear blind valance (about 2” of the black wire loom cover is visible , but hard to notice). Stayed inside blind valance to center top where using drawings from ORV put a 1” hole through wall, mounted camera with drip loop. Looks like a factory install... did this at the same time when I installed a hardwired EMS, so the LH bench had been removed for easer access to the area.
KirkAlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #11

We pull our new 2021 26KVS Titanium with a 2020 RAM 3500. During our first camping trip, the Furrion camera worked okay for the most part but kept getting disconnected. I called the dealer (Apache Camping Center in Portland) and they said to make sure the daytime running lights are on while using the camera. We did so that wasn't the issue. So now we need an adapter from Furrion to make it work?
lisalmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalmt View Post
We pull our new 2021 26KVS Titanium with a 2020 RAM 3500. During our first camping trip, the Furrion camera worked okay for the most part but kept getting disconnected. I called the dealer (Apache Camping Center in Portland) and they said to make sure the daytime running lights are on while using the camera. We did so that wasn't the issue. So now we need an adapter from Furrion to make it work?
Have you tried changing the antenna orientation on your rear Furrion camera? Ours points at ~45º angle. No reception issues in the cab of our 2020 RAM2500 towing our 280KVS.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #13

Thumbs up

I'll try that next time. Thanks!
lisalmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:55 PM   #14

The Furrion that came with our new 21RWS works quite well,
AS LONG AS I REMEMBER TO TURN THE TRUCK'S LIGHTS ON!
No lights = no worky. The only drawback is the Furrion monitor
needs to be plugged into the 12v dash outlet, whish is conveniently
located in a fairly new F150.
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, trailer