Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No more Wind River

The dealer I bought my WR from (Pan Pacific, Sacramento)has heard they are ceasing production of the Wind River in 2017. He said something about there not being much difference between it and the Black Rock to justify keeping it in production. Those weren't his exact words but you get the gist! We won't be keeping ours past 2017 because we want to fulltime and it's just too small for us so hoping to upgrade to a fifth wheel! Happy Holidays to everyone!
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2016, 10:55 PM   #2

I heard that too, it is the Blackstone name that will be on the trailer not sure which floor plans will stay since there is some different lengths between the two.
Hike2mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:02 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The WR is going to be shut down, true. But any of the floorplans can be had in Blackstone. The Timber Ridge line in the Titanium will add even more high end floor plans, some smaller. By the end of next week the new ORV suite will be up and all questions will be answered.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Is that on their orv mfg web site as every time I go on it is the same old site info...
motcrew12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
By next weekend the suite will be updated. I hate to see the WR get sidelined but it ended up being a duplication in their new lines.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:03 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sounds like they're customizing with a low and high end in each line. They were building the new Creeksides when we were there in August to have our new front cap installed.
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Cool. This will make my WR an instant classic and it will start appreciating in value. In a few years I'll be able to sell it for more than I paid for it...

Well, at least that's how it works for some models of cars. Then again it didn't work very well for the Edsel...
Old 12-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, our WR's will be right there with the Airstreams.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #9
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The WR is going to be shut down, true. But any of the floorplans can be had in Blackstone. The Timber Ridge line in the Titanium will add even more high end floor plans, some smaller. By the end of next week the new ORV suite will be up and all questions will be answered.
The Wind River is gone, just like floppy dics, VHS tapes, beta tapes, Lear 8 tracks,leaded gas, atari computers, DOS,party telephone lines,wringer washers and being respective to all and using manners. Not to mention the AMC Pacer a classic in its own.

I guess they just ran out of Wind River Decals. I can always remove the original decals on ours and rename mine the "Timber Creek Peak Stone....Coop Edition" it's amazing what a little lipstick can do.
ORV products have good bones, they invest locally, manufacturerd by good people in the West and that's why I bought my discontinued Wind River model.
...and yes I would do it again in a "Prince George" minute.

IMHO
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #10

"I would do it again in a "Prince George" minute"

Really? I don't recall much of anything happening very fast in Prince George,
especially on Sunday!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
The Wind River is gone, just like floppy dics, VHS tapes, beta tapes, Lear 8 tracks,leaded gas, atari computers, DOS,party telephone lines,wringer washers and being respective to all and using manners. Not to mention the AMC Pacer a classic in its own.

I guess they just ran out of Wind River Decals. I can always remove the original decals on ours and rename mine the "Timber Creek Peak Stone....Coop Edition" it's amazing what a little lipstick can do.
ORV products have good bones, they invest locally, manufacturerd by good people in the West and that's why I bought my discontinued Wind River model.
...and yes I would do it again in a "Prince George" minute.

IMHO
Coops
Hey coops don't forget that classic AMC Grimlin.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
He is too busy shoveling snow...
Old 12-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting times in the RV industry.
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2101DS travel trailer & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts of WindyNation solar (parallel) with MPPT controller, 2 Trojan T-125s, TALL flagpole and a great attitude…SoCal based. Perfer USFS, BLM, COE, USF&WS, NPS & state park campgrounds.
LarryW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #14

When i was at the factory i was told they are dropping some lines that had like floorplans with other lines and going to a model like Ford, GM etc where there will be packages like a Ford XL, XLT etc. so you buy a floorplan that you like with the package you like.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote