Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2020, 10:53 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our 24RKS is the third rear kitchen unit we've owned, and have had not issues with stuff shifting in the kitchen while traveling-in fact, we have a coffee pot that just sits in the counter and never moves. Once in a while things shift due to my taking dips into stations a little crazy, but over all--no problem.
Storage is great--we still have three cabinets by the TV that are empty.
The hall bath sink is good for us because "she" can do her woman stuff while I shower. IF there is one thing we would change is the size of the bath/shower room. It's a little small, but works fine.
The fact that the unit can be used with the slide in is a big plus for us. It's not spacious, but works for over nights or rest areas.
The RLS is a great set up, but we've agreed that after two years in a 24RKS, we would buy another one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2020, 11:11 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Waunacamper- Info I was given, don’t know if it’s true but I’ll pass it on.
I was told that the 2021’s have the larger queen bed due to a redesign on the front end cap. Also the kitchen sinks have no center split. I was also told there are two additional options to the rear seating recliners. They call it rear “lounge”seating instead of rear “living” , which places a sleeper sofa or theater seating instead of the individual recliners. Personally I like the individual recliners ability to be turned to look out that nice big window.
CNPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thank you to all for your great comments, they are very helpful. We are leaning a little towards the RKS for 2 reasons, extra 40 gal. grey tank and couch. Our current 27BHS has the extra gray and it is very helpful. We like the bathroom and big windows in the RLS also. If the RLS has a couch option on the '21 models that will make it harder to decide. The dealer in Nebraska is getting both models (2020) so we are waiting to be able to go see in person. We are not committing to buy from them but will certainly give them a chance. We will probably wait until fall to sell ours and then wait until spring to buy. Hopefully there is better inventory to choose from. Don't like to buy in fall as you waste warranty time sitting in snow.
2015 Ram 2500 6.4/4:10
2021 Back Country 24KRS
Waunacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #18

My wife and I use the turnaround feature of the chairs all time. It is great!
Scott 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waunacamper View Post
We are thinking of selling our 27BHS as kids gone and don't need the large size trailer anymore. We are looking at the 24RLS or 24 RKS. We haven't had a chance to see them in person yet. We live in southern Wisconsin and are waiting to hear from a dealer in Nebraska that is suppose to be getting both. We can then look, decide which one we like, come home and sell ours.

Would like to hear pros and cons of both floorplans please.
The 24RKS is on my short list for my new RV.
ToppDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Our 24RKS is the third rear kitchen unit we've owned, and have had not issues with stuff shifting in the kitchen while traveling-in fact, we have a coffee pot that just sits in the counter and never moves. Once in a while things shift due to my taking dips into stations a little crazy, but over all--no problem.
I think in a regular RV trailer without the better suspension and larger Goodyear tires, they tend to bounce and flex more. My old Aerolite trailer (14" tires), if I hit a bump / dip in the road it would bounce or tilt side to side till it corrected itself. The ORV just motors thru it.

In the RLS, with the sleeper sofa option, now does the bed clear the kitchen cabinet in the sleep mode?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm guessing it is a jack knife sofa. Would be fine for our grand daughter. It would block the entrance when down but would work. We actually looked at Recpro furniture and they make one that I think would fit. They don't tend to be very comfortable though.
2021 Back Country 24KRS
Old 06-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I'm guessing it is a jack knife sofa. Would be fine for our grand daughter. It would block the entrance when down but would work. We actually looked at Recpro furniture and they make one that I think would fit. They don't tend to be very comfortable though.
We have one adult child, so we needed the extra sleeping spot. The sleeper sofa in the 24rks is very comfortable as far as sleeper sofas go. I really wanted at least a 64" couch to relax on. Any "bunk-house under a 30' trailer, you didn't get a couch.

Our last RV had a jack-knife sofa where it was used as a sleep spot when we Wally docked. ( hybrid RV trailer) The cushions seemed to be too soft. Regular camping the two queen beds worked fine. There is one thing I miss on the hybrid, is all the canvas bunk tent ends could be put down at night and you could hear all the sounds of the woods at night: stream running, crickets, raccoons, lightening / thunder and occasionally the late night partiers.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Superslif: the RKS has 2 gray tanks, hoping all gray tanks drain through 1 dump point like on our 27BHS. Is that correct?
2021 Back Country 24KRS
Old 06-09-2020, 09:49 AM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No two separate drains, front one for grey (shower/sink) and black, rear drain dedicated kitchen sink.

There was some posts awhile back in Mods section of converting to one drain..on my list to do one day. Right now not a big deal, I just make sure my axles are next to drain, my slinky will reach.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:10 AM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I saw that mod on connecting the 2 drains into 1. Have worked with black pvc pipe before, had a blown tire on a previous trailer rip the drain connection right off. Luckily tanks were empty.

Did you do your solar yourself? Looking into doing similar setup when we get new trailer.
2021 Back Country 24KRS
Old 06-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I saw that mod on connecting the 2 drains into 1. Have worked with black pvc pipe before, had a blown tire on a previous trailer rip the drain connection right off. Luckily tanks were empty.

Did you do your solar yourself? Looking into doing similar setup when we get new trailer.
Yup did solar myself. Into it for approx $400 cad, works for us pretty good, we're pretty light on power usage.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:45 AM   #27

Outdoors RV Owners Club
With our current 27BHS we have the Equalizer 14000/1400 lb hitch. Will the 12000/1200 lb Equalizer be good for the 24RKS or should I stick with the 14000/1400? The RKS has a lighter tongue weight than the 24RLS.
2021 Back Country 24KRS
Old 06-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #28

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have old school 1000 lbs round bars from a trailer I had years ago, to cheap to up grade. It actually works pretty good, loaded for a week of boondocking I’m at 1250 lbs tongue weight, 3 links showing, 20lbs in the bags. I’m loaded with quad, firewood etc..

IMO, try em out. You might find they could be a bit stiff, have to see what you can adjust out.