Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 05:09 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by msray1127 View Post
Forgive my ignorance but how do I post the pics and videos from my phone?
Here you go-

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by msray1127 View Post
Forgive my ignorance but how do I post the pics and videos from my phone?
In case you missed it. Would love to see those pics.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3
Old 09-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #73

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I guess sometimes it takes several days to get pictures posted. When it comes to quality, you don't have to be perfect to be #1 in the RV industry, just better than the rest.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #74

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When we started looking st upgrading to a newer trailer I was pretty convinced an Airstream was what we wanted. Loved the interior. But then realized #1 we couldn’t afford it. And #2, it didn’t fit our camping needs. #3, the quality is not all it’s cracked up to be. We boondock as in out there, rough roads, nobody around. So, when I found ORV, with the suspension, extra insulation, larger fresh, gray, and
black water tanks. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that overall the quality might be a little better than most. So knowing that with anything that moves there is maintenance involved there are always issues we took the plunge and so far are very happy.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #75

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Todd morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
that's a pretty small list compared to what i see from other manufacturers and orv is very good about standing behind their product. Talk to todd morton at the factory, he will get it straightened out for you.
todd morton great guy very helpful !
nicfroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #76

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Buying tt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
That's really the dilemma. Again, we looked for several years for our last rig. A lot of what I saw was disappointing to say the least. ORV and Northwoods/Arctic Fox fit a majority of what we wanted. Larger tanks, better insulation and bigger frames. After the events with ORV I actually swore off buying another rig until things (if they ever) change. I also realize life is short and after camping in one form or another for close to 30 years I now have the ability to travel/camp on my own schedule, something I have always wanted to do. Therefore we have just recently started looking again. I have no favorites at this point and no real timeline for purchase. I truly wish events had gone different with ORV, but unfortunately they did not.
Buy used ? Usually most problems are dealt with before you buy a used unit.
nicfroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:16 PM   #77

Forgive me all, but I realized I never provided a follow up to our roof issue.

Todd at the factory began working with us in late Oct 19 and I must say he lived up to his reputation. After sending pics and videos of our roof to him he dispatched a driver who picked our unit up from CO just before Thanksgiving and took it back to Oregon.

Just after New Years Todd communicated with us that indeed the roof was faulty and the whole thing needed to be taken off and fully replaced. Sounded like during construction incorrect screws and adhesive were used and the roof was literally coming apart as we feared.

ORV put a new roof on the unit and also fixed a small punch list of minor warranty repairs that popped up during the first few trips (refrigerator door hung crooked, some mounding that needed replaced, etc).

They also cleaned up and repainted a fair amount of the frame that was experiencing an inordinate amount of rust for a new trailer.

We received the trailer back in early March. I should note that Todd asked at the beginning what our timeline was, and I told him we weren’t in a huge hurry because we don’t camp during ski season too often if at all. In other words, their timeline was perfectly acceptable and there was good communication throughout the repair.

Upon receipt of the trailer there was a tiny little issue and a quick call to Todd had it resolved in 48 hours. Again very responsive and good service.

I have crawled all over the new roof and the difference in how strong it feels is night and day compared to the original roof. This is our 4th TT since 2015 and I’m learning more and more each year.

So throughout this whole experience I have come to form some personal opinions and at the end of the day I am satisfied with ORV despite my earlier documented frustrations.

While I wish all TTs were built a bit better and with a LOT more QC I realize that isn’t reality. While ORV is a step above the “name brand” mass produced units, they still aren’t perfect.

Where the premium paid for ORV comes into play from my experience is in their customer service. I’m not aware of any of the big brands who would transport a trailer 1200 miles at their expense to fix it under warranty and then transport it back. That was really refreshing from a customer service standpoint and I can say with confidence we will remain ORV customers for the foreseeable future (although we hope to get several years out of this unit before needing a new one).

I hope this update answers any questions anyone who read this thread last fall might have.
msray1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:00 AM   #78

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Question

Msray, thanks for the update - it's good to hear that your problem was resolved to your satisfaction. Best wishes for many years of happy adventures with your new rig.

Due to the nature of the product, the related assembly line process and what would be an exorbitant cost for an excellent level of quality control, it's not surprising that many of us encounter some type of problem with our TT, no matter what brand we buy.

The difference, to me, is the integrity of the manufacturer which is reflected in the customer service experience. We bought our first TT from one of the largest, most popular Jayco dealers in the northeast, and walked away after battling with the service department to get a repair done right - not a warranty issue, a repair that we were fully prepared to pay a reasonable price for. And I didn't use the word "battling" loosely.

We drove from the northeast to the west coast to buy our Creek Side in March 2017. Due to family business, we were unable to camp with it until the fall of that year. When we pulled it out to pack it up, it was obvious that there was some type of issue with the back wall. We were directed to Todd Morton, the Assistant Service Manager; we sent photos and spoke with him over the phone. After some pondering over what the problem might be (it turned out to be an odd failure of the luan), Todd basically told us that it didn't matter what caused it, ORV needed to have it repaired, and he advised us that the factory was the best place to do it. When we balked at another round trip of 5,000+ miles to the west coast, Todd actually offered to have an entire back wall shipped to an RV repair shop on the east coast. Ultimately, Alan and I agreed that we, indeed, felt that the factory was the best place to have the wall replaced, and we made another trip out west to have the repair done in October 2017.

While neither one of us were happy about the return trip, Todd and his team were a dream to work with - and he's quick to deflect praise, directing it, instead, toward his service techs. His handling of our situation proved to us that ORV understands the true meaning of excellent customer service and stands behind its products 100%.

Interestingly, although we did have an opportunity to meet Rick Ewing, the Service Manager, on our return trip, our opinion of ORV has basically been formed by two people - Todd Morton and Kevin Pfeifer, the guide for our factory tour in March 2017. Because ORV's mission, values and focus on both quality and customers were evident through our interactions with these two men, we, also, are ORV fans and customers for the foreseeable future. To find a company that understands the needs of a true outdoor enthusiast, builds a product that meets and exceeds those needs, and continues to support its customers throughout the ownership of that product, is a rarity in today's RV world.

To the entire ORV team, thanks for all you do!

Mary

Btw, I have no idea why there's a question mark at the top of my reply, and I can't figure out how to make it go away. What's up with that?
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #79

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just a quick jump in here; gfarmcafe, we also had a RV moment where we hung from the seat belts while towing. Totaled the TV and trailer. It took several months before my bride would drive again, but we missed our own linens and cook ware so much that we bought another trailer-then another-then another. Not sorry. I do understand the horror connected with an incident with a RV.
Peace be with you....

Tags
quality