Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #57

Many myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmoir View Post
I have a 2021 26KVS that was picked up in April. Since I picked it up I have had the oven fail, stove top fail, stove igniters fail, LED on oven fail, Air Excel fan in bedroom fail, refer fail, awing leak, rear window seal leak filling the window with water between the panes front cap crack and tv strap mounts pull out of the wall. Is this typical of an ORV product?
Suburban oven is JUNK. Has failed twice inside of a year on a brand new unit. Dealer can't get to it until late May. Water pump failure.... leak under shower pan....logos peeling off of front of trailer...could go on, but too depressing. All of these videos on YouTube by Outdoors leadership on how they don't make junk. Rahiiiiiiight.
robj462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2022, 05:14 PM   #58

Coming from a truck camper I think the 2020 Anniversary RLS is pretty good. Sure there are some design things that I wish they had changed (recliner, bedroom maneuverability) but to me they are minor annoyances, not something that's a major problem. I've camped quite a bit in it and haven't any any problems other than some awning issues. Don't know if I'm just na´ve, lucky or have lower expectations but I'd buy this unit again just for the quality which I feel is much better than any of my friends units...
dogbreath650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #59

We have a 2021 20BD picked up in September 2020. We have probably put 10,000 miles on it since, including several weeks of winter camping (10-15 degrees), and a 5,000 mile go from Michigan to Washington. Generally we have had very few quality issues that weren't easily fixable. The only warranty replacements were the fender skirts which cracked. That said, a few 'minor' complaints; the aluminum skirting has very few brackets for support and is now starting to crack (that is why the original fender skirts cracked) and much of the metal underneath (bumper, stabilizers, etc.) is rusting badly.
BridgeGuyMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #60

I just posted this on the ORV facebook group;

As I posted recently; we traded our 2020 21RBS for a 2022 25RDS a few weeks ago. This weekend was our shakedown camping trip and I'm pleased to report that everything functioned perfectly and we had no issues. We've all read about "covid quality" with the premise being that trailers built during the pandemic are of lesser quality than those built prior but my sample size of two would seem to refute this.....at least in our case. My 21RBS was built in 2019 and was almost a year old when we purchased it new in the Fall of 2020. Our 25RDS shows a February 2022 build. While we didn't have any serious issues with the 21RBS, I did note some loose screws, a loose furnace cover and a fair bit of sawdust under the cabinets, etc. The 25RDS has been much cleaner and everything seems just a bit neater and tidier. I pulled off every access panel to look at plumbing and other items and everything looks good. If I look for minor nits, one of the stereo speakers has a slight vibration in it and the water pump access door (held on by velcro now instead of the screws that stripped out almost immediately on the 2020) is still just a too-thin pce of luan.....I'll be replacing or reinforcing this panel; thinking of using wood adhesive and bonding a pce of 1/4" plywood to it to give it some strength and keep it flat.
Anyhow, just wanted to provide an update and also a positive post on build quality compared to some that have been posted recently. ...perhaps they are listening.
Cheers,
Dave
Old 05-03-2022, 11:34 PM   #61

Our 21RWS is just 2 years old/18K and despite driving down quite a few bumpy roads I'm still finding sawdust at the cabinet bases after every occurrence! It's getting kind of old. How long would it take to do a decent vacuum job, two minutes?

Now I'm finding my plastic belly sheathing sagging and it has torn at one of the screws. They should have used much bigger fender washers IMHO.

Everything else has been pretty good although the tank monitor died a few months ago.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post
the water pump access door (held on by velcro now instead of the screws that stripped out almost immediately on the 2020) is still just a too-thin pce of luan.....I'll be replacing or reinforcing this panel; thinking of using wood adhesive and bonding a pce of 1/4" plywood to it to give it some strength and keep it flat.

Dave
Dave,

I've used one of these https://www.lowes.com/pl/Access-pane...ing/2668938603 in similar situations. Used Liquid nails on the inside of the flange which should hold it permanently to the luan. If you can't find a color match, you can paint it. Might have to cut your opening to size, but these access panels are widely available in multiple sizes.
DBPNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:22 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBPNW View Post
Dave,

I've used one of these https://www.lowes.com/pl/Access-pane...ing/2668938603 in similar situations. Used Liquid nails on the inside of the flange which should hold it permanently to the luan. If you can't find a color match, you can paint it. Might have to cut your opening to size, but these access panels are widely available in multiple sizes.
Yeah, that's an option. Thanks

Dave
Old 07-31-2022, 06:55 PM   #64

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Picked up our 2022 24 TRX May 6th from central Oregon. The dealer had not prepped or completed the PDI as was promised. The orientation / walk thru lasted 20 -30 minutes with mostly me wasting time asking questions why things where not being shown. Such as operating generator / fuel station / tv controls / solar display & wiring ect ect.

The gentleman doing the walk thru explained this was his second or third one and he is doing what he was instructed to do. At which time I proceed to the office to ask about this and sign the paperwork. Questioning the manager I was told everything was checked and taken care off. IF there are any problems return to the dealership and it will be taken care of. Really I am expected to spend $2000 to return here to fix what should be taken care of now ? The weather had turned drastically to make matters even worse. The return home to Southern Idaho was pouring rain/sleet/snow on the passes throughout the night.

Well I decided to sign the paperwork and turn over the check. I waited to long and sucked up the price increases and was not about to walk away. I even got a little pissy questioning the last page with all the check boxes stating that I agreed all those items where working perfectly and shown /checked.

Driving home sofa fell down from upper position against wall damaging frame of Happi Jack system. I used sheet metal pliers to straighten frame and buffed out the gouges on the leading edge and repainted. This was never locked in with safety pins (in gun cabinet).

Once home I started inspecting and ran into numerous quality issues.

1. Generator would not run at all. (Fuel and breather lines crossed)
2. All plumbing leaked badly, shower all over floor not coming from underneath drain area, all sinks, fitting against wall behind drawer cabinet, and still have a slight amount of water coming out between the coroplast ( center corrugated area). (Upon inspection no glue in joints.)
3. Fuel station leaked all over compartment and driveway when started the first time. (All fittings not sealed )
4. All drawers had to be realigned as they would not open and cut/scraped grooves into plywood sides. I fixed this.
5. Cubby under the sink fell off driving home and cracked. I made / installed a new heavier one.
6. Bunk ladder fitting cracked, Handle to dump valve fell off first 100 miles, every compartment filled with sawdust, wiring pieces ect. still trying to clean this up.
7. Roof has multiple bubbles / bumps in material.

After sending over a dozen pics and letter to ORV I talked to Rick Ewing about everything including refusing to deal with the dealership for warranty work. After a local tech did a check on my issues he agreed with everything and Rick gave the ok for a local repair.

Rick thanked me for the repairs I took on and after discussing the roof issue I offered to wait until late fall and check to see if any issues materialize with the roof membrane. Rick agreed to replacement in the spring if it is warranted.

I hesitated for a Long time writing this. I am still fixing things not to my liking and making some modifications to improve on some. Two comments and I will end there.

1. Not to condone the lack of quality control at ORV which Rick acknowledged. But I still believe it is one of the better units out there. Yes it could be better with some serious quality control for simple issues.

2. I sincerely appreciated Rick's manner and acknowledgment of these issues and stepping up to have them taken care of.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:00 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird66 View Post
Picked up our 2022 24 TRX May 6th from central Oregon. The dealer had not prepped or completed the PDI as was promised. The orientation / walk thru lasted 20 -30 minutes with mostly me wasting time asking questions why things where not being shown. Such as operating generator / fuel station / tv controls / solar display & wiring ect ect.

The gentleman doing the walk thru explained this was his second or third one and he is doing what he was instructed to do. At which time I proceed to the office to ask about this and sign the paperwork. Questioning the manager I was told everything was checked and taken care off. IF there are any problems return to the dealership and it will be taken care of. Really I am expected to spend $2000 to return here to fix what should be taken care of now ? The weather had turned drastically to make matters even worse. The return home to Southern Idaho was pouring rain/sleet/snow on the passes throughout the night.

Well I decided to sign the paperwork and turn over the check. I waited to long and sucked up the price increases and was not about to walk away. I even got a little pissy questioning the last page with all the check boxes stating that I agreed all those items where working perfectly and shown /checked.

Driving home sofa fell down from upper position against wall damaging frame of Happi Jack system. I used sheet metal pliers to straighten frame and buffed out the gouges on the leading edge and repainted. This was never locked in with safety pins (in gun cabinet).

Once home I started inspecting and ran into numerous quality issues.

1. Generator would not run at all. (Fuel and breather lines crossed)
2. All plumbing leaked badly, shower all over floor not coming from underneath drain area, all sinks, fitting against wall behind drawer cabinet, and still have a slight amount of water coming out between the coroplast ( center corrugated area). (Upon inspection no glue in joints.)
3. Fuel station leaked all over compartment and driveway when started the first time. (All fittings not sealed )
4. All drawers had to be realigned as they would not open and cut/scraped grooves into plywood sides. I fixed this.
5. Cubby under the sink fell off driving home and cracked. I made / installed a new heavier one.
6. Bunk ladder fitting cracked, Handle to dump valve fell off first 100 miles, every compartment filled with sawdust, wiring pieces ect. still trying to clean this up.
7. Roof has multiple bubbles / bumps in material.

After sending over a dozen pics and letter to ORV I talked to Rick Ewing about everything including refusing to deal with the dealership for warranty work. After a local tech did a check on my issues he agreed with everything and Rick gave the ok for a local repair.

Rick thanked me for the repairs I took on and after discussing the roof issue I offered to wait until late fall and check to see if any issues materialize with the roof membrane. Rick agreed to replacement in the spring if it is warranted.

I hesitated for a Long time writing this. I am still fixing things not to my liking and making some modifications to improve on some. Two comments and I will end there.

1. Not to condone the lack of quality control at ORV which Rick acknowledged. But I still believe it is one of the better units out there. Yes it could be better with some serious quality control for simple issues.

2. I sincerely appreciated Rick's manner and acknowledgment of these issues and stepping up to have them taken care of.

I am sooooo glad we elected to pass on our 2022 28 BKS titanium and buy a used 2019 27 BHS. It was in perfect condition when we got it, we've used it for four weeks already and it's perfect. We've put more wear on it than the previous owner over three years.

I really got worried about the covid quality issues I've been hearing about so getting a pre covid unit that met our needs and saved us over $22k was a gift.

Sorry you're having such a bad experience with our new rig. That totally sucks.
DBPNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:05 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBPNW View Post
I am sooooo glad we elected to pass on our 2022 28 BKS titanium and buy a used 2019 27 BHS. It was in perfect condition when we got it, we've used it for four weeks already and it's perfect. We've put more wear on it than the previous owner over three years.

I really got worried about the covid quality issues I've been hearing about so getting a pre covid unit that met our needs and saved us over $22k was a gift.

Sorry you're having such a bad experience with our new rig. That totally sucks.
Covid only made what was already there worse. My 2019, built on 10/20/2018 had to go back to the factory. Gotta say though that my dealer (Apache, OR) did a heckuva lot better job on PDI.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:03 AM   #67

Triple E Owners Club
Man, I am sick of hearing about "it's Covid's fault." Compromises in quality should never be tolerated, no matter what the situation. This is a result of either bad or lazy management, or both. There is no excuse for letting these kinds of issues out the door. I am acquainted with the owner/CEO of a smaller travel trailer manufacturer and have actually owned one of their trailers. I have talked to him about the Covid issues and the labor shortage as well as supply chain issues affecting their operation. He told me that under no circumstance would quality be affected by any of this. They will slow production down and turn out what they can, but that when it leaves the factory, it will be right. When you let bean counters and/or investors dictate your operation, this kind of poor quality is the result. ORV needs to wake up. When the economy tanks, and it will, only the strong and most respected companies will survive.
lexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #68
GBB

Guess I was one of the lucky ones. Bought our 2019 24 RLS Titanium new (actually ordered it) and towed it all over the U.S. Spent two winters snowbirding in it.just sold it for what I paid for it. Never had a problem other than one tire was wearing on the inside.
GBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:24 PM   #69

Just came back from another 4 day trip in our 2022 25RDS; everything is still working perfectly with no issues.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:22 PM   #70

I have to say that is prolly the longest list of "really got it wrong" Ive seen from any manufacturer. Really makes me think "everyone had a bad day that day"?
Ironically we've had a short list of issues over the 50,000 plus miles we've towed our 2015 20fq......but there are a lot more pieces to get together right on your coach..........but that's what they're paid to do so they should do it.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality