Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2021, 07:30 AM   #15

It seems odd, but I'm happier knowing that it's not just ours with these issues, and still want to believe that ORV was the right choice.
Now, frustrations with a couple of their dealers, specifically with repairs, has not changed.
I've voiced this to the factory warranty rep because they get billed each time, even when it takes three trips to Oregon and the issue isn't resolved, and now they'll get the bill from a nondealer locally that will do the work.
CosmikDebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2021, 09:06 AM   #16

Triple E Owners Club
Build quality

We just finished a one week trip with our new to us 2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS. We sold our 2018 Bigfoot 25RQ because we needed more room for the grandkids. We have owned quality rigs before, and some junk. 11 rigs in all, so I am not a newby here. I am very disappointed in the quality of the ORV as compared to the Bigfoot. At every level, build quality, materials and workmanship, the Bigfoot FAR exceeds the ORV. Even in basic design, such as the bedroom, the ORV leaves me scratching my head. The bedroom door swings the wrong way. The light switch location is terrible and hard to reach. The location of the outlets as well as the overhead cabinet size are terrible. We are banging our head on the side cabinets all the time. In the rear lounge, the recliners have to be pulled out so far to recline that it partially blocks the door. Also, carpet under the dinette and the recliners? While I knew some of this before purchasing it, a lot of it you don't discover a lot of it until you use it. Very disappointed so far.
lexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexton View Post
We just finished a one week trip with our new to us 2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS. We sold our 2018 Bigfoot 25RQ because we needed more room for the grandkids. We have owned quality rigs before, and some junk. 11 rigs in all, so I am not a newby here. I am very disappointed in the quality of the ORV as compared to the Bigfoot. At every level, build quality, materials and workmanship, the Bigfoot FAR exceeds the ORV. Even in basic design, such as the bedroom, the ORV leaves me scratching my head. The bedroom door swings the wrong way. The light switch location is terrible and hard to reach. The location of the outlets as well as the overhead cabinet size are terrible. We are banging our head on the side cabinets all the time. In the rear lounge, the recliners have to be pulled out so far to recline that it partially blocks the door. Also, carpet under the dinette and the recliners? While I knew some of this before purchasing it, a lot of it you don't discover a lot of it until you use it. Very disappointed so far.

I've had two Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) before my ORV and I consider them to be similar in build quality. It sounds like many of your complaints are related to layout......if you want to see low quality, go take a look at most of the eastern manufactured units - they aren't even close.

2 cents,
Dave
Old 10-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Before I bought my 2014 ORV 250RDWS, I had a Sunnybrook 26CKS for about 10 years. There was not one problem with the Sunnybrook ever. The ORV has had some. Winnebago bought Sunnybrook and slowly killed it. Winnebago has bought Grand Designs and Newmar. Time will tell.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #19

Triple E Owners Club
Complaints are about fit , finish and materials used. No comparison to the Bigfoot, although better than what I see come out of Elkhart.
lexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:02 AM   #20

It appears the same people that have had issues alway post on these questions about quality of the ORV. There will always be some that get stuck with a problem unit but the VAST majority of the people with a little or small issues don't feel the need to post because they are happy. Our unit was built in 2019 (2020 model) and the issues we have had are all minor and fixed by myself. NO trailer is perfect but after 33 years of RVing and owned every type of RV I am very satisfied with our well built and comfortable, trailer. These trailers are still made by people and not robots so do not compare them to your latest truck or car because you will only be disappointed.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #21

https://youtu.be/p13yZAjhU0M

Now granted some of these sway scenes the car
Never should have been towing anything.
But it illustrates just how fast sway can get out of control.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmoore View Post
It appears the same people that have had issues alway post on these questions about quality of the ORV. There will always be some that get stuck with a problem unit but the VAST majority of the people with a little or small issues don't feel the need to post because they are happy. Our unit was built in 2019 (2020 model) and the issues we have had are all minor and fixed by myself. NO trailer is perfect but after 33 years of RVing and owned every type of RV I am very satisfied with our well built and comfortable, trailer. These trailers are still made by people and not robots so do not compare them to your latest truck or car because you will only be disappointed.
Exactly.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmoore View Post
This wasn't a thread about "Have you had problems?". It was started by the OP because he had problems and want to know if it was normal to have that many problems.
So ORV owners with problems aren't supposed to post about them? Hmmm
Why can't people with problems post about them?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexton View Post
Complaints are about fit , finish and materials used. No comparison to the Bigfoot, although better than what I see come out of Elkhart.
Unless your Bigfoot was better than the two I had, we'll have to agree to disagree; not much difference from what I see. I'm not saying Bigfoot is bad, just the materials and construction are similar to what I see in my ORV.

2 cents,

Dave
Old 10-27-2021, 07:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
This wasn't a thread about "Have you had problems?". It was started by the OP because he had problems and want to know if it was normal to have that many problems.
So ORV owners with problems aren't supposed to post about them? Hmmm
Why can't people with problems post about them?
I have no issue with your posts. Just saying that it appears out of balance when the few unfortunate ones that have had problems post numerous times about the same issues and the vast majority of the happy ORV owners have nothing to post about because their trailers have been so good.

That said, I truly feel for those that have had issues. In my opinion RVing is about creating good memories and clearly having issues with your trailer will effect that RVing experience.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:26 AM   #26

Fit it!

I usually only post about things I can't fix myself. Most of the things I found wrong last month with our new 20 BD I was able to fix ,(better than factory) myself and will never have to deal with it again. We had one broken seal in a window slider fog up and the dealer ordered a new whole back window which will take months to get. Other than that with no slide outs in trailer , I don't anticipate too much I can't deal with as long as floors down stays solid.
Telemarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #27

Most of the stuff you're mentioning here are vendor issues. Yes they are married to an ORV, but they're bad spouses. The TV mount, window leak and others are ORV and usually when I see these kinds of things pop up I send and email to ORV and mention how easy it would be to have a comprehensive QC inspection that could care for these issues. I think more can be done to improve ORV's by contacting the manufacturer and just stating that....."it just doesn't have to be this way". As opposed to just hashing it back and forth on a forum........................and.........I have no faith in dealers!
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmikDebris View Post
It seems odd, but I'm happier knowing that it's not just ours with these issues, and still want to believe that ORV was the right choice.
Now, frustrations with a couple of their dealers, specifically with repairs, has not changed.
I've voiced this to the factory warranty rep because they get billed each time, even when it takes three trips to Oregon and the issue isn't resolved, and now they'll get the bill from a nondealer locally that will do the work.
My issues were resolved by a non dealership, and dealing with ORV directly. They stepped up, after warranty, and covered the costs, shipped parts, what you'd hope a quality company would do.
Thanks ORV.
CosmikDebris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality