Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2021, 02:03 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Exclamation ORV underbelly patches?

Hi everyone,
Brand new ORV Titanium Blackstone 260RLS with LOTS of issues.
1.) First the shower was leaking like a siv out from the under belly coming out from a large patch that they glued and screwed back on. I took it off to see if I can see where the leak was coming from; nothing to see here just insulation. So I went to the bathroom where I noticed a piece of wall paneling behind the toilet had been screwed to the wall, and also at the bottom of the shower tray. (Looks like they cut out the wall sections then added more wall sections to cover it up.)
Is your ORV like this?
I pulled off the panel at the shower tray to find the drain NOT connected to the P trap.
I fixed it, no more leak.
2.) Yesterday I noticed another grey T handle underneath the slide out. Apparently is the fresh water dump valve. I pulled it and found this out.
Then I pushed it in and gave the t handle the slightest of turn. CLINK it broke right off. Luckily in the closed position. So today upon further inspection I crawl underneath to see another patch just like the other one but centered on the gate valve dump pipe. This thing is tilted up and out quite abit. Now I see why they had this valve coming through a little tube under the frame to try and cushion it or something because of the angle. Well that obviously didn't remedy the problem at manufacturing. Some quality control!
There is also another larger patch behind this one toward the rear of the camper.
Does anyone else have these patches?
I'm thinking LEMON and time for the LAWYERS!
Titanium2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2021, 03:01 PM   #2

Whoa, pretty bogus. Clearly a Friday build. They owe you something.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:03 PM   #3

The ones in the bathroom are access panels for the plumbing and are factory I believe.
Mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
LOL OP will probably get a "Sorry about that". And a "Yeah these things happen"
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium2022 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking LEMON and time for the LAWYERS!
Lemon law doesnt apply to RV's.
You can thank the rv lobbyist for that.
Hopefully that statement isnt too political for this forum heh...
inthepines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #6

the patches in the Lamiplast are there to access various valves, connections, electrical and are present in all ORV's. The wall patches you are talking about are likely also factory access doors (you'd need to show pics and compare to others to know for 100% sure).

The drain being disconnected sucks and would be a warranty repair; though I'd just fix it as you've done. you could take it in and get the fresh water dump valve/rod fixed......but I'd likely just fix that myself too.

Dave
Old 09-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Underbelly patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
So I understand you don't have any of these patches under your ORV?
Thx for the response Gammel!
Old 09-20-2021, 05:47 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yeah that is how I fixed the shower leak.
But they sure look like CRAP! for their so called Titanium edition.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:53 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pelletier View Post
the patches in the Lamiplast are there to access various valves, connections, electrical and are present in all ORV's. The wall patches you are talking about are likely also factory access doors (you'd need to show pics and compare to others to know for 100% sure).

The drain being disconnected sucks and would be a warranty repair; though I'd just fix it as you've done. you could take it in and get the fresh water dump valve/rod fixed......but I'd likely just fix that myself too.

Dave
I have a video on my YT channel if you want to see the details. Look in my signature.
As for taking in, I don't want to haul it 200 miles and leave it for a week or month waiting so yeah it's usually easier to fix yourself which I will try. We'll see what I find on further investigation. I've noticed a thump sound when filling the tank around the 2/3rds level. Hope the tank is in there correctly. May have to peel half the belly off to see.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:57 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
These patches are normal?
https://youtu.be/Kg4Nd70khyU
Old 09-21-2021, 06:49 AM   #11

Quote:
These patches are normal?
https://youtu.be/Kg4Nd70khyU

Yes normal.
Kmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:42 AM   #12

Yep, as I said; all those patches and panels are factory and are present on all ORV's

Dave
Old 09-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #13

Quote:
I have a video on my YT channel if you want to see the details. Look in my signature.
As for taking in, I don't want to haul it 200 miles and leave it for a week or month waiting so yeah it's usually easier to fix yourself which I will try. We'll see what I find on further investigation. I've noticed a thump sound when filling the tank around the 2/3rds level. Hope the tank is in there correctly. May have to peel half the belly off to see.
My tanks been thumping, creaking, etc since day 1. I run it full about 30% or more during the season. So that means 5-10 full fills a season. It's just the way these are. My NW Fox Mountain made similar noises. Not worried as both units have a piece of angle iron running under the tanks so there's a very slim chance a tank will drop.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:19 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our 19 24RLS has the same patches under and in bathroom, they are access panels. During our first yr of ownership we were at a park had our shower drain come unattached flooding the underbelly. We didn’t know it till our neighbor pounded on our door saying we’d sprung a leak. My guess is it was barely hand tight from factory. I have been less then thrilled with ORV’s build oversight. Water heater caught fire due to poorly done wiring. I’ve had to replace both MaxxFan circuit boards. Several overtightened screws from factory causing cracks. Drawer latches that are misaligned. Weather striping around doors with big gaps due to being cut too short .
My dealer was helpful and everything has been taken care of except toilet (foot pedal)valve. I will probably replace the toilet with a different no foot pedal type.
For what we paid and ORV’s reputation We’ve been pretty disappointed.
CNPH is offline   Reply With Quote