Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
ORV Warrantee Issues...Again

I am wondering if other new owners of ORV trailers have had the number of issues we have had or the difficulty in getting ORV staff to send parts to the retailer to get the work done? We picked up our 2019 250RKS Blackstone Titainum model the end of August and immediately reported that the door privacy shade was not installed. We reported several other warrantee issues mostly minor stuff like cracked cabinet doors, a fan that didn't reverse, oven that didn't stay lit. And the big one the passenger side slider inside wall had a crack or defect. All were reported within a couple weeks to the retailer. After waiting several weeks we called the retailer and found that ORV hadn't sent the parts. This went back and forth for a few more weeks and so we called ORV. We were told the parts should have been sent weeks prior. Today we found out that the privacy shade valance hadn't been sent. Its like the staff at ORV can't do anything right the first time. ORV has designed a awesome trailer and after looking it over I see the materials and equipment is really good first rate quality, however their assembly and quality control is lacking. So my question to the group is do you all have these problems with the new ORV trailers or is ours a lemon? If you have had warrantee work done has ORV dropped the ball when sending parts or are we just special?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We went thru similiar issues when we took delivery of our then new 2016 Glacier Peak.

During our walk thru, we noted a missing door shade, main slide roller shade would not open, cabinets that were coming apart at the sink area, missing fan remotes, and a few more. I refused delivery until the dealer made them right. They did what they could that didn't require parts from ORV.

Parts were extremely hard to procure from the ORV parts crew. Kept telling the dealer the parts were shipped (never were). A few weeks went by, still no shade for the door. or remotes for the fans. Dealer was no help here.

I finally got fed up and called ORV and talked with their parts manager, and sales manager. That finally got the ball rolling. Shade arrived at the dealer within 3 days, and other parts as well.

Toward the end of this saga I worked directly with Todd Morton to get parts I needed to correct minor issues with our rig. He had them shipped directly to me at home, so I could install or repair the issue.

You might not want to do what I did, but it got stuff done, and I was able to move on to enjoying my expensive purchase. I am fortunate that I can fix stuff.

After your 1 year warranty, you're on your own, unless you purchased a extended warranty. At that point, ORV is out of the picture, and you have to go thru the warranty folks. Not worth it in my opinion for small items I can repair/replace myself. Trailer has not seen the dealer's lot since purchase.

Hope this info helps. I wrote and called in a professional manner when I had to deal with them. Bit my tongue a few times.

Best of luck with your dealings.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When we had warranty work done through Jubilee RV...the parts where sent with a new trailer that was ordered. They did not ship the parts separately they waited and shipped the parts in the new trailer to be delivered. That’s fine when the delivery of the trailer is a week or so.
Make sure your dealer ordered the parts...ask them to show you the shipping details...ask them when they will be shipped and what the eta is. Emails work the best.

You haven’t said how long you and your dealer have been waiting for parts.

80% of warranty and other work on our trailer has been done at the ORV factory in La Grande.

It wouldn’t surprise me if ORV or your dealer bundled up your parts with other parts.

If your not happy call ORV ask for Todd..good guy.

A trailer is a trailer is a trailer and your dealing with people...people are not perfect and are doing the best they can.

Good luck

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have owned my 2018 250RKS for a year now, wow time goes by fast when your retired. I bought new from Apache RV in Everett WA, Very good people to buy from. When we did the walk through they showed us everything from, TV remote, all fans, Hot water tank, slide in and out, remote awning, AC and much more. This took us 2 hours. I have gone on 8 different camping trips, One of trips was a 30 day hunting trip in Oregon. I have had zero problems with trailer. I believe it is built very very well. I should have many happy years of camping. I would buy ORV again.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:49 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We had a slide issue with our fiver when it was only 5 months old. Took weeks to get the parts. First dealer did not order parts, then ORV forgot to ship them. I emailed ORV directly and she admitted her goof up and the parts were flown out the next day.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
We went thru similiar issues when we took delivery of our then new 2016 Glacier Peak.

During our walk thru, we noted a missing door shade, main slide roller shade would not open, cabinets that were coming apart at the sink area, missing fan remotes, and a few more. I refused delivery until the dealer made them right. They did what they could that didn't require parts from ORV.

Parts were extremely hard to procure from the ORV parts crew. Kept telling the dealer the parts were shipped (never were). A few weeks went by, still no shade for the door. or remotes for the fans. Dealer was no help here.

I finally got fed up and called ORV and talked with their parts manager, and sales manager. That finally got the ball rolling. Shade arrived at the dealer within 3 days, and other parts as well.

Toward the end of this saga I worked directly with Todd Morton to get parts I needed to correct minor issues with our rig. He had them shipped directly to me at home, so I could install or repair the issue.

You might not want to do what I did, but it got stuff done, and I was able to move on to enjoying my expensive purchase. I am fortunate that I can fix stuff.

After your 1 year warranty, you're on your own, unless you purchased a extended warranty. At that point, ORV is out of the picture, and you have to go thru the warranty folks. Not worth it in my opinion for small items I can repair/replace myself. Trailer has not seen the dealer's lot since purchase.

Hope this info helps. I wrote and called in a professional manner when I had to deal with them. Bit my tongue a few times.

Best of luck with your dealings.
Thanks EGWillie. This is exactly what we are experiencing. Interesting you were also missing the door shade. If we call Rick at ORV things move. The break down appears to be the parts department shipping. We are told the parts have been shipped but then find out they haven't. The few things that were wrong were for the most part not a big deal and there has been no indication from ORV that they won't fix everything. Reading posts from owners of other brands seems this is not the case.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you have an issue and need a part, in or out of warranty. Take pictures and e mail them to Service and also call them. Do the same for the dealer. E mail is a record that can be referred to and re-sent.

Like Lac said,, it's a trailer.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Ranger View Post
Thanks EGWillie. This is exactly what we are experiencing. Interesting you were also missing the door shade. If we call Rick at ORV things move. The break down appears to be the parts department shipping. We are told the parts have been shipped but then find out they haven't. The few things that were wrong were for the most part not a big deal and there has been no indication from ORV that they won't fix everything. Reading posts from owners of other brands seems this is not the case.
Good that you have taken the bull my the horns to get stuff done.

We think the missing items are cannibalized from one trailer to another by the dealer, or smaller items stolen by customers looking the units when the salesman is out of sight. Dealership noted they have issues with this. A fan remote is small enough to fit in your pocket and cost $90.

Happy trails.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Parts were extremely hard to procure from the ORV parts crew. Kept telling the dealer the parts were shipped (never were).
Sounds like our experience in Chilliwack with our dealer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
...the parts where sent with a new trailer that was ordered. They did not ship the parts separately they waited and shipped the parts in the new trailer to be delivered.
Yup... again, sounds like our experience.

Still waiting to have two wood panels replaced that were supposed to be looked after in August of 2018.

Oh, and the dealer invoiced ORV for this warranty work claiming it was already done. We've seen the work order report.

We aren't happy.
RoadDogYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Joe View Post
I have owned my 2018 250RKS for a year now, wow time goes by fast when your retired. I bought new from Apache RV in Everett WA, Very good people to buy from. When we did the walk through they showed us everything from, TV remote, all fans, Hot water tank, slide in and out, remote awning, AC and much more. This took us 2 hours. I have gone on 8 different camping trips, One of trips was a 30 day hunting trip in Oregon. I have had zero problems with trailer. I believe it is built very very well. I should have many happy years of camping. I would buy ORV again.
We had an almost identical experience with our 2018 24RLS that we bought through Apache in Portland, OR. There was a minor problem with the stove top and door shade that they were able to fix the same day. We have had it a year and a couple dozen trips with no significant issues so far.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:12 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDogYVR View Post
Sounds like our experience in Chilliwack with our dealer...

Yup... again, sounds like our experience.

Still waiting to have two wood panels replaced that were supposed to be looked after in August of 2018.

Oh, and the dealer invoiced ORV for this warranty work claiming it was already done. We've seen the work order report.

We aren't happy.
The dealer in Chilliwack.... They had ordered a seal for one of my slide outs. Old work was done, upon pickup seal still chewed up. Was then told they could not find it, I asked them to check the mechanics tool box. Miracle upon miracle it was found, I took the seal and installed it myself, took all of 2 minutes. He service department of this dealer is next to useless.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #12
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
The dealer in Chilliwack.... They had ordered a seal for one of my slide outs. Old work was done, upon pickup seal still chewed up. Was then told they could not find it, I asked them to check the mechanics tool box. Miracle upon miracle it was found, I took the seal and installed it myself, took all of 2 minutes. He service department of this dealer is next to useless.

Was the Chilliwack dealer O’Connor RV? Asking for a friend.

coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Was the Chilliwack dealer O’Connor RV? Asking for a friend.

coops
You have friends ?
Old 12-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am his friend but we live 1000 miles apart. I still have the tread marks from the bus he threw me under. lol..........
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote